Bollocks!...I'm writing a better World Cup song

Asprilla

After the predictable dirge that is the Embrace offering I am forced to write a proper song for the footy.

And you guys can help.

I need to get a website that can accept sound clips from a webcam (MSN has this feature I think...?)

So here's the big idea:

The song is going to be called "Get in". I want people from all over the country to shout this at the screen and I'll put all the different clips in the track for the chorus.

That way, the footy fans will be on the record.

Today, I'm going to write the track.....I've got a mate at Microsoft and I'm going to see if he can help with logistics....if anyone gets a good feeling off this idea and wants to help then bring it on.

I'm fired up!!! I am Asprilla's foreskin.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good idea mate. Although it could also be a good ruse to get footage of a load of idiots shouting get in at a computer screen. :blush: Good luck with it.

I know I've taken the piss in the past, but I am canny jealous that you can just go "Hmmm, I think I'll write a track today" while I'm going "Hmmmm...shall I do the Intrastat return or the VAT return?" :lol:

Sounds class! :nufc: Will we all get royalties if it goes to number 1? :blush:

Can't you just get people to use their sound recorder on their pc's and e-mail the clips to you? :lol:

That may be complete bollocks as I'm not technical in the slightest...

Have you thought about how you would market it, get publicity?

If it is "half decent" even though its for Engerland, in a few weeks time i`d be willing to try and help you within that area.

125009[/snapback]

If you wear your Argentina shirt while you help him, the two cancel one another out so you should be ok. :lol:

Have you thought about how you would market it, get publicity?

If it is "half decent" even though its for Engerland, in a few weeks time i`d be willing to try and help you within that area.

125009[/snapback]

I appreciate that mate..!

Publicity ain't my thing....so any help would be GRATEFULLY received! :lol:

*tries to make sure song is half decent* :blush:

That Embrace song is awful as a footy anthem.  They're talking about people singing it on the terraces, how many ingerlund fans do you know that will sing in fucking falsetto?

125020[/snapback]

Li3nZ?

That Embrace song is awful as a footy anthem.  They're talking about people singing it on the terraces, how many ingerlund fans do you know that will sing in fucking falsetto?

125020[/snapback]

Li3nZ?

125023[/snapback]

:lol:

After the predictable dirge that is the Embrace offering I am forced to write a proper song for the footy.

And you guys can help.

I need to get a website that can accept sound clips from a webcam (MSN has this feature I think...?)

So here's the big idea:

The song is going to be called "Get in". I want people from all over the country to shout this at the screen and I'll put all the different clips in the track for the chorus.

That way, the footy fans will be on the record.

Today, I'm going to write the track.....I've got a mate at Microsoft and I'm going to see if he can help with logistics....if anyone gets a good feeling off this idea and wants to help then bring it on.

I'm fired up!!! I am Asprilla's foreskin.

124988[/snapback]

Well if you get it done, send it into TalkSport - they're playing alsorts of 'unofficial' WC songs, most of which are pretty gash!

Get cracking AF :lol:

All joking aside, if you're the lyrical genius you claim to be AF, you WILL reference Gemmill's 'Erasure tendencies' in some way shape or form! :blush:

125134[/snapback]

I'll see if I can fit some camp bleepy keyboards in at the end :lol: Sorry..it's the best I can do! :nufc:

BTW...the song is starting to sound good....anyone got an idea for this website malarky?

I registered a myspace in the name of "worldcupwinners" which could be the name of the band....a band which anyone is welcome to front....maybe a competition/lucky dip/whoever wants to do it/the cliquettes :lol:

Anyway, that's the update...I've contacted "popbitch" to see if they're interested in mentioning it...but I better go and finish the words.....er...I mean lyrics man. :lol: