Ameobi

Guest CrimsonFault

tbh blyths robbie dale could play the amount of games shola doeas and have his goal tally. most strikers from conference up would get 1 goal every 3-4 games with nobby, zoggy, emre, dyer laying them on for him.

hes never going to be prolific enough to warrant a place in our team when we are aiming to be top 6 side.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh blyths robbie dale could play the amount of games shola doeas and have his goal tally. most strikers from conference up would get 1 goal every 3-4 games with nobby, zoggy, emre, dyer laying them on for him.

126333[/snapback]

That is complete bollocks mate.

maybe a slight exaggeration. but shola is another carl cort, stephane guivarch, andreas andersson, duncan ferguson, temuri ketsbaia, jon dahl tommasson. take your pick. if he wasnt brought up in newcastle hed be playing in the championship by now.

203 starts and sub appearances and 38 goals is not good enough for this club.

Edited by J69

On the number 9 thing: if we don't sign anyone and Owen doesn't want it, then it goes to Shola. It sends the wrong message if we say "No Shola, we're keeping it for someone who deserves it". Let him wear the shirt in the absence of anyone better. It's only a shirt and there's plenty shit's worn it in the past.

I'm pleased overall with how Shola's been playing of late though.

maybe a slight exaggeration. but shola is another carl cort, stephane guivarch, andreas andersson, duncan ferguson, temuri ketsbaia, jon dahl tommasson. take your pick. if he wasnt brought up in newcastle hed be playing in the championship by now.

126339[/snapback]

I agree, he probably would, and he's probably had more chances than he deserves, but he's finally started scoring regularly and looking like he's playing with more purpose than I've ever seen him play with. I think Shearer retiring will be the best thing that's ever happened to him if he can cope with the increased responsibility.

fair enough. but how much longer do we give him? i think someone needs to sit him down and say to him

' you have had a lot longer than a lot of the lads here have had to start producing the goods. youre finally starting to produce the kind of form we want and expect from you and next season its make or break time. keep up the good work and the fans will be behind you all the way. up to you son'

in true bobby fashion.

fair enough. but how much longer do we give him? i think someone needs to sit him down and say to him

' you have had a lot longer than a lot of the lads here have had to start producing the goods. youre finally starting to produce the kind of form we want and expect from you and next season its make or break time. keep up the good work and the fans will be behind you all the way. up to you son'

in true bobby fashion.

126347[/snapback]

So I'm going to bring you on in the 75th minute for Nobby and you can work your magic on the wing son.

A lot of shit has worn the shirt before. But that was in the pre-squad-numbers days when you had to send a side out numbered 1-11.

Since the Prem started only Cole, Sir Les and Al have worn it.

I like the idea of the shirt having a certain magic to it and maybe it should be held back until someone (Shola or a signing) does enough to earn it.

shirley owen should get it next season? hes the only one truly great enought to wear it at the minute. as long as hes still here like.

im not sure how attached he is to his number 10 shirt but it might be in his contract that he got the number 9 after shearer retired?

shirley owen should get it next season? hes the only one truly great enought to wear it at the minute. as long as hes still here like.

im not sure how attached he is to his number 10 shirt but it might be in his contract that he got the number 9 after shearer retired?

126362[/snapback]

He wore it for almost the entirity of his time at Liverpool, he's worn it for England ever since he became a regular and it was 'his' number when he played in youth teams etc I believe. He wore 11 at Real Madrid, but I imagine it's hard to get the number you want there!

They're a superstitious bunch, footballers. Robert was number 32 for his entire time here, despite playing for us for what, four years?

A lot of shit has worn the shirt before. But that was in the pre-squad-numbers days when you had to send a side out numbered 1-11.

I like the idea of the shirt having a certain magic to it and maybe it should be held back until someone (Shola or a signing) does enough to earn it.

126350[/snapback]

Piles loads of pressure on whoever you give it to if you hold it back for them though. I just think you give it to whoever you've got.

203 starts and sub appearances and 38 goals is not good enough for this club.

126339[/snapback]

Good to see our midfielders have given Albert Luque a hatful of goals then since his arrival.

126350[/snapback]

Piles loads of pressure on whoever you give it to if you hold it back for them though. I just think you give it to whoever you've got.

126411[/snapback]

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. We better sign Kuyt then. :lol:

If we don't sign another striker and Shola does get it, maybe wearing Shearer's old number will inspire him to emulate the man.

Shola is shit and always will be, he was lucky with his piss power penalty yesterday, when he learns to strike the ball with his laces then maybe he'll make a good championship player

126449[/snapback]

Superb penalty. If Henry had scored one like that we'd have seen it 402 times on the news by now.

Ameobi gets no credit when he does something right. Typical of the fans of this club I'm afraid. And no, I'm not suggesting he's good enough to be first choice next season, but at least recognise the things he does sometimes do well.

His scoring record as of late has been impressive and it can only add to his confidence, which is a key factor in a player's form.

If the correct striker is brought in for him to play alongside (a Kuyt-type for example) then I can see him finally improving to a standard which would be acceptable at this level.

Or loan him to Reading so he can play alongside the likes of Kitson and Doyle. :lol:

His scoring record as of late has been impressive and it can only add to his confidence, which is a key factor in a player's form.

If the correct striker is brought in for him to play alongside (a Kuyt-type for example) then I can see him finally improving to a standard which would be acceptable at this level.

Or loan him to Reading so he can play alongside the likes of Kitson and Doyle.  :lol:

126452[/snapback]

How would playing alongside Kuyt help him?? Have you see him play?

Owen by the way?

Shola is shit and always will be, he was lucky with his piss power penalty yesterday, when he learns to strike the ball with his laces then maybe he'll make a good championship player

126449[/snapback]

Superb penalty. If Henry had scored one like that we'd have seen it 402 times on the news by now.

Ameobi gets no credit when he does something right. Typical of the fans of this club I'm afraid. And no, I'm not suggesting he's good enough to be first choice next season, but at least recognise the things he does sometimes do well.

126451[/snapback]

It was an excellent penalty placed right in the bottom corner where the keeper couldn't reach and more importantly he wanted the pen, he chose to take it which i'd want in a striker.

He always annoys me because i don't think he is shit, i think he has ability but wastes it with his concentration, consistency, application and lack of agrression and killer instinct.

He's never likely to be prolific but he should be aiming to be a second striker alonside a better goal scorer. But if we want to challenge at the top he should be our 3rd/4th choice striker really, unless his current goal scoring form becomes the norm week in week out and he cuts out missing sitters.

i'd like to see him given a few games alongside owen next season. he's done well this season despite playing for the majority of it with a hip injury. i still have doubts over whether he'll ever be good enough to play week in week out but he's certainly not as bad as some make him out to be and in my opinion is a decent squad player to have.

he did well yesterday. His job was to score and he did, once from open play, once under pressure with the pen.

We should still rip anyone's arm off who wants to buy him this summer. Would be a travesty if we keep him.

Or loan him to Reading so he can play alongside the likes of Kitson and Doyle.  :lol:

126452[/snapback]

How would playing alongside Kuyt help him?? Have you see him play?

Owen by the way?

126454[/snapback]

Playing him alongside Kuyt would be the same as playing him with Al: No good.

Owen/Kuyt yes

Owen/Ameobi yes

Kuyt/Ameobi no

I'd keep him but only as the no.3 striker. We also need another little quick one for the inevitable games Owen will miss (assuming he stays here).

Playing him alongside Kuyt would be the same as playing him with Al: No good.

Owen/Kuyt yes

Owen/Ameobi yes

Kuyt/Ameobi no

I'd keep him but only as the no.3 striker. We also need another little quick one for the inevitable games Owen will miss (assuming he stays here).

126459[/snapback]

You mean, someone like.....erm....bellamy.... :lol: