Ameobi

Guest CrimsonFault

Playing him alongside Kuyt would be the same as playing him with Al: No good.

Owen/Kuyt yes

Owen/Ameobi yes

Kuyt/Ameobi no

I'd keep him but only as the no.3 striker. We also need another little quick one for the inevitable games Owen will miss (assuming he stays here).

126459[/snapback]

You mean, someone like.....erm....bellamy.... :lol:

126460[/snapback]

:lol: Erm....yes.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't agree with it being an excellent penalty, it was placed correctly but lacked power like all of his shots and if you watch it gain you'll see the keeper nearly makes the save. He's the only player i know who actually relaxes his foot when he strikes the ball hence his piss poor shots.

Don't agree with it being an excellent penalty, it was placed correctly but lacked power like all of his shots and if you watch it gain you'll see the keeper nearly makes the save.

126462[/snapback]

You're right, he can't even take a penalty without the goalkeeper getting a touch. Shola out.

His scoring record as of late has been impressive and it can only add to his confidence, which is a key factor in a player's form.

If the correct striker is brought in for him to play alongside (a Kuyt-type for example) then I can see him finally improving to a standard which would be acceptable at this level.

Or loan him to Reading so he can play alongside the likes of Kitson and Doyle.  :lol:

126452[/snapback]

How would playing alongside Kuyt help him?? Have you see him play?

Owen by the way?

126454[/snapback]

Yes I have and I meant that to have a striker of proven ability alongside him would help his game as he can learn from him.

Whilst their syles may not complement eachother, look at the influence Woodgate had over Bramble.

Don't agree with it being an excellent penalty, it was placed correctly but lacked power like all of his shots and if you watch it gain you'll see the keeper nearly makes the save. He's the only player i know who actually relaxes his foot when he strikes the ball hence his piss poor shots.

126462[/snapback]

There was enough power in that penalty to go in, even though the keeper got a touch to it. :lol:

Don't agree with it being an excellent penalty, it was placed correctly but lacked power like all of his shots and if you watch it gain you'll see the keeper nearly makes the save.

126462[/snapback]

You're right, he can't even take a penalty without the goalkeeper getting a touch. Shola out.

126463[/snapback]

He's fucking shite, simple as, he gets a few goals and you get daft shites like you bigging him up when in reality he's a championship player, get a grip FFS, fans like you accepting mediocre players boil my piss.

I would agree about his shooting - he seems incapable of getting anything behind his shots, but he took both his goals well yesterday and looks a lot more "up for it" than he has done over the last couple of years. Maybe the problem with his hip isn't bothering him as much, or maybe he's consciously stepping up with Shearer's retirement. I don't know, but he used to get on my tits loads and I'm pretty impressed with him at the minute.

I would agree about his shooting - he seems incapable of getting anything behind his shots, but he took both his goals well yesterday and looks a lot more "up for it" than he has done over the last couple of years.  Maybe the problem with his hip isn't bothering him as much, or maybe he's consciously stepping up with Shearer's retirement.  I don't know, but he used to get on my tits loads and I'm pretty impressed with him at the minute.

126472[/snapback]

It's just a blip, he's trying to make sure he's not sold in the summer, he'll be back to hs usual standard just in time for next season

I still think he was affected by playing alongside Al, not sure in what way whether he was overawed by him or so scared shitless that he'd make a mistake and feel his wrath. Last few weeks he seems to have come out of it and be making big strides (no pun intended).

Trouble is, he still has absolutely no clue when it comes to reading the game, no forward thinking to get into opportunistic spaces and he looks shite when hes got the ball at his feet.

But at the end of the day he got two yesterday and for that I couldnt give a shit what he looked like for the other 89 minutes.

126462[/snapback]

The lack of power and convicition is probably the main thing stopping him scoring consistently, he scuffs and underhits too many shots and other times doesn't shoot quick enough or at all when a chance arises.

His scoring record as of late has been impressive and it can only add to his confidence, which is a key factor in a player's form.

If the correct striker is brought in for him to play alongside (a Kuyt-type for example) then I can see him finally improving to a standard which would be acceptable at this level.

Or loan him to Reading so he can play alongside the likes of Kitson and Doyle.  :lol:

126452[/snapback]

How would playing alongside Kuyt help him?? Have you see him play?

Owen by the way?

126454[/snapback]

Yes I have and I meant that to have a striker of proven ability alongside him would help his game as he can learn from him.

Whilst their syles may not complement eachother, look at the influence Woodgate had over Bramble.

126465[/snapback]

Eh? Was Shearer not a 'striker of proven ability' then? :lol:

Centre half partnerships have nothing to do with strikers either.

maybe a slight exaggeration. but shola is another carl cort, stephane guivarch, andreas andersson, duncan ferguson, temuri ketsbaia, jon dahl tommasson. take your pick. if he wasnt brought up in newcastle hed be playing in the championship by now.

203 starts and sub appearances and 38 goals is not good enough for this club.

126339[/snapback]

Good to see our midfielders have given Albert Luque a hatful of goals then since his arrival.

126427[/snapback]

not sure what thats got to do with my post but . . . . you cant score if you dont play :lol:

maybe a slight exaggeration. but shola is another carl cort, stephane guivarch, andreas andersson, duncan ferguson, temuri ketsbaia, jon dahl tommasson. take your pick. if he wasnt brought up in newcastle hed be playing in the championship by now.

203 starts and sub appearances and 38 goals is not good enough for this club.

126339[/snapback]

Good to see our midfielders have given Albert Luque a hatful of goals then since his arrival.

126427[/snapback]

not sure what thats got to do with my post but . . . . you cant score if you dont play :lol:

126502[/snapback]

He's played about 15 times - and not that many of them have been the last 15 minutes. He's started quite a few, maybe been taken off because he couldn't score...

It's his demeanor that gets him so much flack. He looks awkward and disinterested at times, and therefore is an easy player to have a go at.

Couple that with the fact that he has played alongside Shearer, a completely unideal partner for him, most of his games for Newcastle and the reason he's so maligned comes apparent.

Shearer is spared criticism from a lot of Newcastle fans, so when things are going wrong Shola was the easy target, rather than dare contemplate that it may be partly Shearer's fault too.

We need a couple of good strikers in the summer, don't blow all our strike budget on one player again, and we'll be fine. Bellamy and Anelka for me if possible.

Shola as 4th choice would be better than the vast majority of teams in the EPL's 4th choice strikers, and I hope he stays.

Peter Crouch. 7 goals in 30 league starts.... interesting.

126539[/snapback]

Its true that Shola because of his demeanour and percieved attitude prob gets more stick than others. But he is frustrating because i don't think he is making the most of what he has got ability wise whereas Crouch probably is.

Really next season is his absolute last chance as he's finished this one strongly and actually scoring goals, there will be no Shearer and either a new manager or Roeder who has done well with him and he'll be about 25 or soemthing!

crouch gives you an option though. if he beefed up a bit and tried getting his long legs working then he would be a good target man. as it is he's one of the better ones in the league without being out standing. thats why he's going to the world cup....

shola for me is scoring and is a tricky old customer but his strike rate when playing purely up front reminds me of some of our lesser players (paul kitson etc) where in the premier league you need a 20 goal a season striker we currently do not have that. owens never scored more than 18 goals a season in the premier league. shola if playing would probably get 10-15...

food for thought but i'd rather sort our defence out first...

What's wrong with Shola's attitude? People say he looks lazy, but off the pitch he seems so determined and confident, and Roeder said he was desperate to show the fans what he's made of, despite playing with two injuries.

Sounds good to me.

I think its worrying that Shola is 24 and we are still talking about his potential, whereas at his age he should be in the form of his life. He has scored a few goals recently but that has hidden poor performances and the goals have mostly came against poor defensive performances by the opposition. Some of the sitters he has missed in recent games is not good enough for a championship striker never mind a premiership one

Shola is shit and always will be, he was lucky with his piss power penalty yesterday, when he learns to strike the ball with his laces then maybe he'll make a good championship player

126449[/snapback]

Superb penalty. If Henry had scored one like that we'd have seen it 402 times on the news by now.

Ameobi gets no credit when he does something right. Typical of the fans of this club I'm afraid. And no, I'm not suggesting he's good enough to be first choice next season, but at least recognise the things he does sometimes do well.

126451[/snapback]

Aye spot on. Good pen and it took loads of bottle to take it. Took his goal well too. Shouldn't be starting next season though, done enough to suggest he can provide cover up front, especially seeing as we need to strengthen in several other areas too.