Ameobi

Guest CrimsonFault

Don't think we are in a position to kick Shola or Chopra out anyway to be honest.

We need another striker to go straight into the team and hopefully Owen will stay fit and play 30+ league games.

The money we get for Luque and Boumsong will need to be spent well by the new manager, we can't fritter it away like Souness did, and Robson too ie Viana

Ameobi and Chopra did well on saturday against moderate opposition who are going down, Chopra might lack the physical attributes or pace to be a top player but he made some good runs which however talented or quick still has to be done

by somebody.

They are both at a crossroads, whatever success they have if any will have to worked for and earned by them.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think we are in a position to kick Shola or Chopra out anyway to be honest.

We need another striker to go straight into the team and hopefully Owen will stay fit and play 30+ league games.

The money we get for Luque and Boumsong will need to be spent well by the new manager, we can't fritter it away like Souness did, and Robson too ie Viana

Ameobi and Chopra did well on saturday against moderate opposition who are going down, Chopra might lack the physical attributes or pace to be a top player but he made some good runs which however talented or quick still has to be done

by somebody.

They are both at a crossroads, whatever success they have if any will have to worked for and earned by them.

126696[/snapback]

Agreed, I think we definitley need another striker, especially if Luque goes, but we need players like Shola to play when injuries etc strike.

by somebody.

126696[/snapback]

Sadly I think you are right

I can't see that either of them will be great strikers - but we'd get sod all for them now anyway so we might as well keep them for cover

Maybe if we get into Yurop and start to build up a decent bank balance we can sell them on in a couple of years

"I have fractured my gum and there's a bit of pain involved, but I knew with Alan out the team needed three points and there was no doubt in my mind I would play," he stressed."

He's even starting to sound like Shearer - all that matters is the three points!

Fair play to Shola, sticking someof the unwarrented over abuse down people's necks as of late. Still not good enough to be leading the line next season imo, but I've changed my mind to keeping him on in the squad intead of flogging him. We need to buy 2 quality centre forwards in the summer, 3 if Owen is away.