Gold Section?

Scottish Mag

Whats your opinion perople?

Something that has always been discussed in the past so we can keep classics like

Gemmill hung like a...

The Australian Qualification thread...

Combi boiler prices...

to name a few.

They become catchphrases on the board, so should for any future quality threads have a "Gold" section to be placed in?

How about a vocabularly guide for beginners, (and posters who haven't been on the forum whatever it was called that much of late :P )

578[/snapback]

Nice idea I reckon. A kind of dictionary/glossary of all the words, phrases and classic moments that keep being referred to. Could be a sticky at the top of the Gold forum, if it happens.

Speaking of which - do threads get locked and put in the Gold forum once they're basically finished and nobody's posting in them any more? Or can they still be posted to? If the former, what are the criteria for deciding when a thread's dead? After all, half of the fun of Gemmill-style threads is resurrecting them for the umpteenth time when it's least expected... :icon_lol:

Sounds good to me..

Can we have a General Football section as well? :D

574[/snapback]

My sources tell me they're not going to have one of those on the GREAT!! new board over at Newcastle-Online anymore...

Perhaps they listened to us from time to time after all! :blush:

I'd be well up for a gold section.. Shame we can't ressurect some of the old toontastic threads :D

5068[/snapback]

Southern Geordie you are the very essence of this board's future. Forget the old threads, they are in the past. It is up to dynamic, youthful posters such as yourself to plant the seeds of new classic threads. Go forth and blossom!

I'd be well up for a gold section.. Shame we can't ressurect some of the old toontastic threads :blush:

5068[/snapback]

Southern Geordie you are the very essence of this board's future. Forget the old threads, they are in the past. It is up to dynamic, youthful posters such as yourself to plant the seeds of new classic threads. Go forth and blossom!

5071[/snapback]

.. and that I will :D

definitely, shame we don't have "Steve's thread of man love" on here...

but the Gay Club thread has to be Gold

We've got a long way to go before we can match the standards of this:

SMB - TommyJ in USA thread

If you havent read it you have to get it going now, I've been on it for 3 days though and am still less than half way through! 275 pages.

The basis of the thread is that one of the posters had a ton of air miles so he offered them in a comp to the board so that someone could go follow the makems in their pre season tour of Yankee land. I wont give it away but it is real proper GERLD!

We've got a long way to go before we can match the standards of this:

SMB - TommyJ in USA thread

If you havent read it you have to get it going now, I've been on it for 3 days though and am still less than half way through! 275 pages.

The basis of the thread is that one of the posters had a ton of air miles so he offered them in a comp to the board so that someone could go follow the makems in their pre season tour of Yankee land. I wont give it away but it is real proper GERLD!

8374[/snapback]

;) Quality thread. theres a great thread called 'office dilemma' in the Gold forum which is equally long and even funnier. :o