Another deal may have hit the rocks!

nufc1984

:drinks:

It seems like chris coleman may have his eyes on someone else other than harper!

this is taken from NUFC.COM.......

There seems little mileage in current stories that have Magpies 'keeper Steve Harper off to Craven Cottage in part exchange for Luis Boa Morte.

From what we can gather, Fulham remain prepared to dispose of one or more players only if the price is right - and that a player plus cash option isn't something acceptable to them.

The Chronicle have confirmed that we did previously attempt to include Amdy Faye in a deal for Boa Morte, but that Chris Coleman wasn't keen.

PS - According to reports in Italy on Wednesday, Fulham are targeting Genoa's former AC Milan custodian, Christian Abbiati.

If this is true then we won't be using harper as bait to get LBM and the deal would probably be dead b'cos FF carn't be arsed to splash the cash!

If Freddy isn't willing to sell Jenas for less than £15m, then he has to accept that Fayed doesn't want to sell Boa Morte for less than £6m, and that the Fenerbache President doesn't want to sell Anelka for less than £7m or whatever. If Freddy's being stubborn, he can't whinge at his equivalents at other clubs doing the same.

Shepherd and this whole transfer fiasco is really getting on my tits. If August 31 passes with our squad unchanged, we are screwed. Still at least Shepherd will be able to brag about how nobody holds him to ransom for a transfer fee.

thats rights,but the only thing is,jenas is nearly worth 15 mil,probably nearer 10-12 million,thats alright but............

boa morte 6million

boa morte real worth-2-3million.

anelka-12 million

worth 4-5 milllion

i can see where FF is coming from but he has 2 get a move on.

thats rights,but the only thing is,jenas is nearly worth 15 mil,probably nearer 10-12 million,thats alright but............

boa morte 6million

boa morte real worth-2-3million.

anelka-12 million

worth 4-5 milllion

i can see where FF is coming from but he has 2 get a move on.

9865[/snapback]

You think Boa Morte someone who is a Portugese international and last season one of the best wingers in the Premiership is only worth a couple of million yet JJ who has hardly kicked a ball in 2 years is worth 12 million?

Shepherd and this whole transfer fiasco is really getting on my tits.  If August 31 passes with our squad unchanged, we are screwed.  Still at least Shepherd will be able to brag about how nobody holds him to ransom for a transfer fee.

9864[/snapback]

You're just blaming Shepherd because it deflects attention away from the blind backing you and others have wrongly given to Souness. :drinks:

Shepherd and this whole transfer fiasco is really getting on my tits.  If August 31 passes with our squad unchanged, we are screwed.  Still at least Shepherd will be able to brag about how nobody holds him to ransom for a transfer fee.

9864[/snapback]

You're just blaming Shepherd because it deflects attention away from the blind backing you and others have wrongly given to Souness. :drinks:

9870[/snapback]

I'm almost as responsible for the current situation as both Souness and Shepherd in some people's eyes. :P

9864[/snapback]

9870[/snapback]

I'm almost as responsible for the current situation as both Souness and Shepherd in some people's eyes. :(

9876[/snapback]

You're a cancer to the club to be honest :P

If we make no more transfers, it wont take many injuries to leave us in dire threat of a relegation battle.  And that's the first time I've ever  entertained the idea of us being that low down next season.

9898[/snapback]

aaah obviously a glory hunter then. You weren't with us in the (good ole') bad old days pre keegan then? :drinks:

If we make no more transfers, it wont take many injuries to leave us in dire threat of a relegation battle.  And that's the first time I've ever  entertained the idea of us being that low down next season.

9898[/snapback]

Exactly, people seem to naturally assume we will always have our strongest 11 out, so we will be OK. But we desperately need cover, we know injuries/fallings out will happen, more at this club than any other.

Relegation in the current scenario is not an impossibility. We still need to sign a host of players covering nearly every position on the pitch.

9898[/snapback]

aaah obviously a glory hunter then. You weren't with us in the (good ole') bad old days pre keegan then? :drinks:

9905[/snapback]

I was there pre keegan, but I didn't entertain any ideas whatsoever of where we'd finish in the 2005/2006 season back then you cheeky bugger :P

Edited by BlueStar

9864[/snapback]

9870[/snapback]

I'm almost as responsible for the current situation as both Souness and Shepherd in some people's eyes. :(

9876[/snapback]

You're a cancer to the club to be honest :P

9877[/snapback]

Gemmill out!!