IT'S ROEDER!

snakehips

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard that too, however, Talksport said it was O'Neill a few weeks back.

Don't get too excited just yet.

If it's true, I'd like to be the first to register my approval of the decision. No he's not a big name, but he knows the club, he knows what we're about, and he's making a decent fist of it at the mo.

So good luck to the bloke if it is him.

Roeder is still short of his badges aswell, he currently on a stay of execution if you will for the last 2 games of the season. If someone like Houllier comes in i can believe it, but not without. I don't think we'll appoint anyone til the end of the season now.

If it's true I'll be the first to state my opinion that it's a mistake.

We need a big name (obviously has to be a good manager too) if we are going to attract the quality of player we need to take us on to where a club this size should be. I don't think Roder has the name to get these sort of players.

I would wish him well but I think it's a mistake.

Talksport: "SKY Sports have unconfirmed reports that Glenn Roeder has been appointed full time Newcastle manager, more news when we get it".

Sounds like bollocks to me.

Roeder has done a good job since he has been in charge, but I think this is a missed opportunity and I am not very excited by the appointment if true.

Fat Fred this better be right or it's curtains for you me old brothel creeper.

I've asked this before, but don't the stock exchange have to be notified first??

127161[/snapback]

Yes, but storys can be leaked.

So far nothing on SKY Sports news, nothing on the Official site, nothing on 5 Live.

Doesn't matter whether it's a big name or not...! He's the man who has the players playing as a team and getting results and that's all you want full stop!

If Roader had have been appointed at the start of the season I feel we'd be in an even higher position. If he's not the man to get us into the Champions League then so be it, but why take a risk with someone else when he's doing a great job? Your always taking risks, whether it's new managers or new players, but he's doing a good job and that's good enough!

Edited by Geordie Boyo

If it's true, I'd like to be the first to register my approval of the decision.  No he's not a big name, but he knows the club, he knows what we're about, and he's making a decent fist of it at the mo.

So good luck to the bloke if it is him.

127148[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm with you on this one, but as soon as he loses his first match, we should be looking for another manager, tbh...

Roeder is still short of his badges aswell, he currently on a stay of execution if you will for the last 2 games of the season. If someone like Houllier comes in i can believe it, but not without. I don't think we'll appoint anyone til the end of the season now.

127153[/snapback]

Well, I don't know how true these rumours are, but I don't think him being short of the badges would be much of a problem.

He has his A-Licence and apparently, the Pro-Licence is a short course dealing with things such as agents and time management, things which Roeder will have had experience of anyway, so whilst he'd need to do his Pro badge it's not that big an obstacle.

Disappointed if true.

With the greatest of respect (and thanks) to Roeder for what he's done thus far, I really dont think the Toon is the right place for a manager to serve an apprenticeship. Fair do's with Keegan but we were desparate in the extreme back then and I dont think the circumstances can be compared.

Roeder clearly displays some of the vital qualities-if anything for me these should be honed at a smaller club before the real big time pressure kicks in.

He's already managed West Ham and Watford hasn't he?

127176[/snapback]

and for the most part the fans of those clubs dont have a good word to say about him.

Hugely disappointed if true. He's been lucky with the fixture list and the fact Souness was so inept. A bigger asset to the club long term as head of the academy