IT'S ROEDER!

snakehips

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it has been a 'test the water' leak by Portly Freddie to see what the reaction would be if it was true??

Looking on here, and N-O, it seems like a mixed response - surely not one Freddie would like enough to make the rumour a reality?

Edited by snakehips

Well Roeder has certainly done an excellent job so far, transformed us from relegation candidates to a team with chance of qualify for Europe, dropped Boumsong and has shown willingness to trust young potential such as N'Zogbia, Pattison etc. Got us winning the games against the mid-table trash we should be beating (apart from Charlton!).

But, like most of us during the dark days I used to wonder what Shepherd was thinking of when he appointed Souness, after all, what had he done in his previous managerial career to suggest he could ever turn a Premiership club into a team constantly competing for Champions League football and hopefully winning trophy's. You have to ask the same of Roeder. What's the real difference? Is there one?

If its true I cant help feeling underwhelmed, its not very ambitious, but then again we've unfortunately proven in the past that appointing the big name manager isn't always the guarantee of success we hoped it would be. But I just dont think this will be the right choice.

Also, if it is to be Roeder, can we just wait until the end of the season. Sod's law dictates that as soon as the caretaker get the full time job the results go pear shaped!

He's already managed West Ham and Watford hasn't he?

127176[/snapback]

Caretaker stints, n'est-ce pas?

In any event neither were particularly long tenures were they?

I'm really not convinced by this appointment, if true. I notice someone's confident enough of it not happening to be taking fairly large bets over on betfair.

If this is true then I'll be very disappointed, FS has had nearly three months to find a manager for one of the "biggest jobs in football" and the best he can come up with is Roeder, the easiest appointment possible. I'm grateful for all that he has done thus far but looking at his past record I don't see what qualifies him to become permanent manager. Should this be verified it will be Freddy taking the easy way out and should he fail then FS should carry full responsibility.

If this is true then I'll be very disappointed, FS has had nearly three months to find a manager for one of the "biggest jobs in football" and the best he can come up with is Roeder, the easiest appointment possible. I'm grateful for all that he has done thus far but looking at his past record I don't see what qualifies him to become permanent manager. Should this be verified it will be Freddy taking the easy way out and should he fail then FS should carry full responsibility.

127192[/snapback]

Scouring the globe tbh. ;)

127192[/snapback]

Scouring the globe tbh. ;)

127194[/snapback]

Think about all the air miles and duty free tbh

hes got us from relelgation candidates to having a good chance of finishing 6th in a few months. if hitzfeld, houllier or or anyone else had done that youd all be creaming in your pants. theres a commonly held misconception that foreign = better. roeder is a decent guy, gets on with the players, knows about tactics and i for one am all for it.

hes got us from relelgation candidates to having a good chance of finishing 6th in a few months. if hitzfeld, houllier or or anyone else had done that youd all be creaming in your pants. theres a commonly held misconception that foreign = better. roeder is a decent guy, gets on with the players, knows about tactics and i for one am all for it.

127204[/snapback]

Aye, I pretty much agree. Although it is tinged just a hint of missed opportunity.

Newcastle denying the reports.

As i said, Freddie testing the water. Expect Roeder not to get it now.

Maybe Freddie is trying to hook O'Neill by scaring him??

Christ! I'm getting extremely exasperated by this lot.

Edited by snakehips