IT'S ROEDER!

snakehips

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sky Sports news north east reporter is saying the source of this story is from Alan Oliver, make of that what you will.

Newcastle denying the reports.

127207[/snapback]

;)

You're sat with your ear pressed to the speaker to be first to report the news, aren't you? ;)

127209[/snapback]

Freddie and I have a direct phone link - a bit like Bush and Putin, Batman and Commissioner Gordon (?).

Wouldn't mind someone explaining why they want O'Neill so much ?

Compared to Dalglish and Robson, he's done nothing, and his record is the same as Souness.

In fact its now been matched by Strachan. Strachan for manager ;)

NEWCASTLE United have responded to the latest reports concerning the vacant managerial situation at St. James' Park.

Chairman Freddy Shepherd told nufc.co.uk: "I am aware of reports circulating today but the club will not be making any comment on them.

"We haven't ruled anyone in, or out, as far as things go.

"When we have something to say on the matter we will make an official announcement."

Freddy responce - "I'm aware of reports circulating today but the club will not be making any comment on them..."

"We haven't ruled anyone in, or out, as far as things go."

"When we have something to say on the matter we will make an official announcement"

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~821058,00.html

Wouldn't mind someone explaining why they want O'Neill so much ?

Compared to Dalglish and Robson, he's done nothing, and his record is the same as Souness.

In fact its now been matched by Strachan. Strachan for manager  ;)

127216[/snapback]

Season ticket sales.

The appointment of O'Neill would have such a positive effect for people renewing.

At the end of the day, I reckon Freddie is shitting himself about people not renewing and wants to keep the fans sweet.

If it turns out not to be true, I SINCERELY hope Oliver still goes ahead with his front and back page spread.  It would eclipse the Emerton gaffe no bother. ;)  Sackable offence too, surely!

127224[/snapback]

'ten years on the Newcastle United beat' :puke:

It couldn't happen to a nicer fellow if everything you say happens ;)

Glenn has done a good job but im not !00% he can sustian the form.

I cant imagine a player like Owen wanting to listen to Roeder.

127227[/snapback]

If he listened to Phil Thompson, he'll listen to anyone tbh.

Glenn has done a good job but im not !00% he can sustian the form.

I cant imagine a player like Owen wanting to listen to Roeder.

127227[/snapback]

If he listened to Phil Thompson, he'll listen to anyone tbh.

127228[/snapback]

Good call. Roeder is down to earth to, hasnt got the ego of souey.

Check .com

Glenn gets gig - in theory:

Meet the new boss....

The next full-time manager of Newcastle United will be Glenn Roeder - if the club can reach agreement with the FA over a timetable for his permanent appointment.

That was the news being reported on Tyneside today, although it seems as if the story may have appeared prematurely.

From what we can gather, the scenario is this:

Roeder's allotted 12 week tenure as stand-in boss has now expired, but the club successfully appealed to the FA for an extension until the end of the season - citing the ongoing uncertainty over the FA's appointment of a new England boss as a mitigating factor.

The decision has now been made by the club to appoint Roeder on a permanent basis, but further clearance is required for this to be ratified as a valid appointment by the FA.

Our rationale appears to be that the part -qualified Roeder will complete the outstanding parts of the Prolicence course before next season, meaning he'll take charge for our opening game of 2006/07 with all required qualifications.

We've now reputedly asked for this to be rubber-stamped by the FA.

Saturday saw Roeder oversee his tenth victory in fifteen games since taking over from Graeme Souness in February.

Edited by Gemmill

If this is true and the club wanted to clear things up with the FA, I can see Oliver getting his arse paddled off Shepherd for being unable to control his gob before the guidance from the FA was obtained. Having said that, it would be Shepherd's own stupid fault for making his mouth go to Oliver (a journalist wanting to break the big story) in the first place.