Would you be happy with Roeder?

Tom

Would you give Roeder a permenent post?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not sure happy is the word, but satisfied I suppose.

127289[/snapback]

Agreed. We could do better, we could do worse. We also have very little idea what he is capable of, he could surprise everyone.

He could be another Dinnis or McFaul, but its unlikely because we don't sell our best players anymore

No.

He's done well as caretaker and should be thanked but is record in his previous jobs isn't promissing and I've said before I don't think he has the profile to attrack the type of players we will be looking for. Perhaps that's the fat mans idea?

I we try to get O'Neill and prove unsuccessful, I'd be happy to go with Roeder instead.

I do think they need to persue MON though and would be disappointed if they don't...

Roeder for me falls as "best of the rest". Not first choice but not a fuck up of Souness proportions, if we fail to get a big name top coach Roeder is the best bet. Don't want to end up with the rush job and employing another idiot.

Allardyce looks like a shaved bull that's had its horns removed. 100% PRIME FACT!

127336[/snapback]

;) Never mind that, why's Harry Potter been prancing up and down the dugout in recent weeks? I keep expecting him to take off on his fecking broom.

Edited by DotBum

Roeder for me falls as "best of the rest". Not first choice but not a fuck up of Souness proportions, if we fail to get a big name top coach Roeder is the best bet. Don't want to end up with the rush job and employing another idiot.

127327[/snapback]

Dalglish had a CV that pissed all over everybody.

Gullit was a trophy winner and a big name.

Robson was a manager of world wide repute and a trophy winner several times.

Even Souness was a trophy winner on a par with O'Neill.

So to say we don't or can't appoint big names or trophy winners is simply untrue.

Anyway, congratulations to Fred on the 2nd half season recovery are in order, as the majority on here blamed him for the terrible 1st half

127289[/snapback]

Agreed. We could do better, we could do worse. We also have very little idea what he is capable of, he could surprise everyone.

He could be another Dinnis or McFaul, but its unlikely because we don't sell our best players anymore

127300[/snapback]

Cole, Ferdinand, Ginola, Robert, Bellamy, Batty, Speed, Solano......

Didn't include Woodie for obvious reasons.

127327[/snapback]

So to say we don't or can't appoint big names or trophy winners is simply untrue.

Anyway, congratulations to Fred on the 2nd half season recovery are in order, as the majority on here blamed him for the terrible 1st half

127345[/snapback]

Only in your eyes ;)

Perhaps it smacks a little of lowered expectations that Roeder would be even a semi popular choice.  Admittedly he's done a canny job since he took over, but when he did start no one thought he was the long term option.

127349[/snapback]

Didn't Souness do ok when he first took over?

Perhaps it smacks a little of lowered expectations that Roeder would be even a semi popular choice.  Admittedly he's done a canny job since he took over, but when he did start no one thought he was the long term option.

127349[/snapback]

127355[/snapback]

Unbeaten run to end all unbeaten runs if my memory serves

127349[/snapback]

127355[/snapback]

127361[/snapback]

Leazes was right to embrace the appoinment of Souness after all, may the rest of us hang our heads in shame.

Except Gemmill, naturally ;)

127349[/snapback]

127355[/snapback]

127361[/snapback]

Leazes was right to embrace the appoinment of Souness after all, may the rest of us hang our heads in shame.

Except Gemmill, naturally ;)

127363[/snapback]

;)

127289[/snapback]

127300[/snapback]

Cole, Ferdinand, Ginola, Robert, Bellamy, Batty, Speed, Solano......

Didn't include Woodie for obvious reasons.

127348[/snapback]

had some respect for your posts in the past, but suggesting we still sell players on a regular basis for financial reasons to help the club stumble on existing, above the wishes of the manager....you are sounding like some of the others that don't have a clue

I know a lot of you don't believe we used to sell our best players and only get 20,000 crowds as a result...but its true

127327[/snapback]

127345[/snapback]

Only in your eyes ;)

127351[/snapback]

suggest you look back again at the videos, press reports and supporters reaction to his appointment. Not to mention the support he got while he was manager.

I hope the above post isn't confirmation you are going to turn into one of the clueless, as you used to make good debateable and relevant comments.

Edited by LeazesMag

i dont think you can say that we have lowered expectations - glenn has exceeded all expectations of him to get us where we are. He has done a fantastic job with the same team who was staring relegation in the face had the results not turned around.

We've had big name managers in the past and while theyve attracted big names, they havent had the best out of them. Sam Allardyce isnt a big name but he's attracted some big names to Bolton because he has built up a reputation for what he's done with with the players he has. Any manager is only as good as the results they get