Century FM secure radio rights..

Scottish Mag

100-102 Century FM, has announced it has become the official commercial radio partner of Newcastle United Football Club, securing an exclusive commentary deal to broadcast home and away games during the 2005/2006 season.

Century FM and United fans will be entertained with commentary by the last Newcastle United Captain to lift silverware for the club - North East football Legend Bob Moncur.

"I am privileged to have had the opportunity to play for Newcastle United and it's an honour to be the last Captain to pick up silverware for the club, so you can imagine my delight when Century FM asked me to commentate on the Toon. I may not be able to pull on my boots and run out for the club but I certainly will be cheering the lads on and nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see Captain Alan Sheerer collect a trophy" says Bob Moncur.