Emre

hggcraig

Various reports in Italy seem to be linking Emre with a move back to Italy. Just wondered whether people on here would sell him or keep him. Personally i think he is good on his day, but too injury prone and far too inconsistent. Id much rather have Malbranque tbh

What does everyone else think?

I thought he looked spot on when he first got here, but like you say, with his injuries and the fact he often goes missing, I wouldn't be gutted to see him go. Plus I think he's a player we can actually make a profit on and use the funds to replace him with someone better.

I think he played better with Bowyer in the couple of games they had.  The combination of Bowyer running around like a mad man and Emre dropping in and knocking the ball around seemed to work well.

127834[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

Agreed with the jist of the post though, they looked a decent combo.

Personally really hope Emre stays. Not bad for his first season seeing as though he had some injuries. His technical ability pisses all over that of Bowyer and Parker so if we let him go there'd be a bit of a gap in our squad IMO.

Needs a forward in front of him who drops deep to help start attacking moves, i don't think Malbraque is any kind of improvement really.

Emre's passing will look more impressive when he's actually got someone to pass to.

I don't think Emre is a bad player and it is well worth keeping him. But he isn't irreplaceable especially as initial fears regarding his injury record turned out to be justified.

So yes, if a team pays us a substantial fee above what we paid for him then I would have no problem in selling him.

I thought he looked spot on when he first got here, but like you say, with his injuries and the fact he often goes missing, I wouldn't be gutted to see him go.  Plus I think he's a player we can actually make a profit on and use the funds to replace him with someone better.

127819[/snapback]

first time for everything .......

:icon_lol: agreed

i think he could still come good with some more movement ahead of him or if we play him ina different system. i agree he doesn't get in the box enough for the attacking midfielder in a 4-4-2 formation but i reckon he would be perfect on the left of a 3 man central midfield with three forwards ahead of him.

he's definitely worth hanging on to, despite losing his way a little after a promising start.

I really can't see us making a great profit on him, however his weekly wage (reportedly £60,000) seems a bit too much for the number of games he has performed in this season.

I wish we'd stop buying players with horrific injury records. Carr is another that springs to mind - both were cheap because of their dodgy records, and we've suffered because of it.

You could arguably say the same about Owen. Apart from the 'cheap' bit.

I hope he will still be here next season. His game will benefit hugely from having two quick and mobile strikers playing in front of him next season. I really think it will be next to impossible to replace him with someone better when you consider that any replacement will probably cost more than we would get for him.

His injuries are a concern though.

I think we should keep him, when he does plays he's an absolute wizard, we need depth in the midfield dept to cover our crocked players.

But, come next Jan if he is still injured or is under achieving depending on who the new gaff brings in, then I would think about selling him