Does anyone digitize videos

LeazesMag

into DVD's ??

Where do you plug the lead into the PC ?? What sort of lead do you want ?

9879[/snapback]

Depends what your copying from and what hardware you have.

If you're copying from a digital camera then you'd most likely use the firewire port.

If you're copying from an analog source then it would be via the use of s-video or phono ports or even the coaxial input from a WinTV card.

into DVD's ??

9879[/snapback]

If you're copying from a digital camera then you'd most likely use the firewire port.

If you're copying from an analog source then it would be via the use of s-video or phono ports or even the coaxial input from a WinTV card.

9984[/snapback]

scart lead from video to back of pc [double connection ???] ... would a camcorder cable of this type do ???

into DVD's ??

9879[/snapback]

9984[/snapback]

scart lead from video to back of pc [double connection ???] ... would a camcorder cable of this type do ???

10076[/snapback]

As in RCA, the yellow, red and white/black plugs?

LM, I know it is probably a dumb question but does your PC have an analogue video card installed?

Most computers don't have them as standard items when you buy the computer.

If it doesn't then you will need to look at buying one and fitting it.

If you google "analogue video card' you should find some information that can help.

See the biggest problem you have is the conversion of an analogue signal to a digital format.

... that's not funny... that's just mean...

youre the mean one....

I think people mocked your haircut in schooland so you mock me with reference to someone with a bad nose to disassociate yourself from the whole hair-issue

and you smell... of ... ostriche

... that's not funny... that's just mean...

youre the mean one....

I think people mocked your haircut in schooland so you mock me with reference to someone with a bad nose to disassociate yourself from the whole hair-issue

and you smell... of ... ostriche

10211[/snapback]

B)

I'd quite like a 12 point lead by Xmas?

9900[/snapback]

I know it wasn't funny but recognition would ahve been nice.... bstds

I HAVE feelings you know?

10201[/snapback]

B)

Anyway....

LM - I assume your PC has a USB2 port? If so then you might want to consider this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/redire...1&creative=6738

If you do go ahead a purchase it, be a luvvy and use the link above so I gets me some commission! :lol:

Edited by MrBass

9900[/snapback]

10201[/snapback]

B)

Anyway....

LM - I assume your PC has a USB2 port? If so then you might want to consider this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/redire...1&creative=6738

If you do go ahead a purchase it, be a luvvy and use the link above so I gets me some commission! :lol:

10280[/snapback]

Or this:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/video-creator_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

9900[/snapback]

10201[/snapback]

B)

Anyway....

10280[/snapback]

I feel vindicated

into DVD's ??

9879[/snapback]

9984[/snapback]

10076[/snapback]

As in RCA, the yellow, red and white/black plugs?

LM, I know it is probably a dumb question but does your PC have an analogue video card installed?

Most computers don't have them as standard items when you buy the computer.

If it doesn't then you will need to look at buying one and fitting it.

If you google "analogue video card' you should find some information that can help.

See the biggest problem you have is the conversion of an analogue signal to a digital format.

10195[/snapback]

it;s an gforce 4 mmx-440 AGP 8X with 64mb DDR mate. It has a video line out, but not a line in [yesterday i didn't know if this was a line out or a line in]

Edited by LeazesMag

9900[/snapback]

10201[/snapback]

B)

Anyway....

10280[/snapback]

tks mate, I've also been recommended this

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...d=54154&_LOC=UK

9900[/snapback]

10201[/snapback]

B)

Anyway....

10280[/snapback]

tks mate, I've also been recommended this

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...d=54154&_LOC=UK

10735[/snapback]

LM all of those you have been recommended will work, as you know.

Just another thing to consider, the dvds you are burning you have two choices

dvd+r

dvd-r

It will depend on your burner but +r is a Dell/Sony format that sony made so not to pay royalties to Phillips but the problem is some players won't play them and vice versa with the -r which are the most common, you will find that early Sony dvd players won't recognise them. With most current dvd players it isn't a problem but I've got a Sony that is 2 years old and it won't play dvd-r format.

Local computer shop has a card which has a line in and a socket for the tv aerial to go into it, complete with burning software. As I bought my video card there, he says it will work with the video card [although independently, it plugs into a spare pci socket on the mobo]. At first I thought the extra socket on my current video card was a line in, but now know it is a line out to watch TV.

It is probably similar to the e-buyer link I made earlier..but I've decided to have a look at everything so far before I [possibly] go back to the shop to buy the card described above. Cost of it is 28 quid BTW.

I've been copying the odd film using dvd shrink for a few months or so now, and also copying some cassettes etc onto CD's. Now I want to put some old videos onto DVD's. I would preferably use Roxio to do it [although I have a copy of nero as well] but having only burned DVD's using dvd shrink, will have to get used to manipulating the software and editing files rather than just copydisk.

Question pse someone : how much of a 3 hour video will go onto one DVD disk ?

Thanks to all for the advice.

Sammy, is this -r and +r relevant to watching on a pc or a DVD player with television, because I won't be watching them on the computer mate, just the TV.

All the ones I've burned so far are OK on the DVD, which is a grundig.

I still though my joke was funny enough to get a reaction LM....

bstd

11456[/snapback]

yes mate, I did smile ...........

;)

All we want for xmas is Souness out and Keegan in.

Or, back in the days of McKeag, we had a saying, Cox out Dix in ;)

[ie arthur cox and malcolm dix]

Edited by LeazesMag