Should Shepherd sell out

LeazesMag

He should lay off the pies and start doing his job - that means leaving all footballing decisions to someone who's actually got a clue and who isn't as small-minded and parochial as he is.

He should lay off the pies and start doing his job - that means leaving all footballing decisions to someone who's actually got a clue and who isn't as small-minded and parochial as he is.

128741[/snapback]

eerrr.....he does. Thats what chairman do .... its what some of us have been trying to tell those who blame Fred for every defeat the club suffers [although a bit slow to offer their congratulations for the change in fortunes in last few months] his job is running the company and making money for the manager and other things. Are you seriously saying he hasn't ran the company to perform well and make money available to the clubs managers ?

Anyway, those of you who want rid but can't name anyone who is interested or has the club at heart enough to attempt to do better.....the man in this thread is therefore a realistic candidate if he looks for another club.

Edited by LeazesMag

There would definitely be people willing to get involved in the club. The problem is the Halls and Shepherd - a lot of people won't go near the club as long as they're around, because of what they've done in the past and what they're still doing today. Remember 1998? Shepherd and Hall pissed off a lot of people and damaged the club by returning to the board after the NOTW scandal.

Newcastle facing boardroom battle

Wednesday, December 2, 1998

Newcastle United are facing another boardroom battle with the club's PLC attempting to block the return of Freddy Shepherd and Douglas Hall.

The two men were forced out in disgrace earlier in the year amid sordid revelations about their private lives.

Now Shepherd and Hall, chairman and deputy chairman respectively of the football club, want to have a major say in PLC decisions.

It is understood that PLC chairman Dennis Cassidy is against their return because he believes it would undermine the club's credibility in the City just when share prices are rising steadily.

The annual meeting of the PLC, scheduled for next week, has been postponed in the hope that the extra breathing space will defuse a potentially explosive situation.

Shepherd and Hall returned to oversee the day-to-day running of the football club four months ago and one of their first actions was to oversee the departure of manager Kenny Dalglish and appoint Ruud Gullit as his successor.

Now they want to recoup their lost power in the PLC boardroom at a time when some big decisions are in the pipeline. They are thought to want to be at the forefront of negotiations over TV pay-per-view rights, an issue which is likely to confront football next year.

There is also some talk of a takeover, with Time Warner one of the frontrunners.

Cassidy believes that the return of Shepherd and Hall could open old wounds caused by damaging remarks over geordie women and a confessed rip-off over the price of replica shirts.

Shepherd and Hall, though, are still the major shareholders and argue that, as such, should be involved in PLC decisions.

I couldn't give a shite what a couple of blokes say about women in a brothel, or in a pub over a beer.

We all do it.

Its also got jackshit to do with the results achieved by the football players, who that year reached the FA Cup Final for the first time in 24 years, proving they didn't give a toss either. And neither did the fans who went down to Wembley.

I couldn't give a shite what a couple of blokes say about women in a brothel, or in a pub over a beer.

We all do it.

Its also got jackshit to do with the results achieved by the football players, who that year reached the FA Cup Final for the first time in 24 years, proving they didn't give a toss either. And neither did the fans who went down to Wembley.

128756[/snapback]

at risk of turning this into the usual "Shepherds crap/ no he aint" argument but I dont think its down to what he said in the brothel.

I took great offence at the fact the two of them were sitting there laughing at me and ripping the piss because they were leeching the money to go whoring from the club I love and pay into. They were sitting bragging about how the club pays them to shag around the world and how they were making a fortune from selling cheap tat to the mugs. And before you say "we all know they cost bugger all to make" yes, I know that but I dont like it rubbing in my face.

Like you say, its ancient history but frankly he (and especially fat twat Douggy) makes my piss boil whenever he makes another stupid remark.

EDIT: Oh and Leazes Im sure your missus will be chuffed to know you talk about women when your in a brothel :razz:;)

You weren't talking about the players or the fans, you were talking about investors and businessmen who could get involved in the club. The thing is, no-one will even want go near the club as long as Shepherd and Hall are still around. There were a number of capable people on the board in 1998 and there was a takeover bid, but those people shied away or resigned as a result of Shepherd's and Hall's unprofessionalism.

As for your comment that the fans didn't give a toss: according a BBC Online article...

Opinion polls have found as many as 96% of Newcastle FC supporters think the men should go.

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/68249.stm

How Shepherd and Hall got away with it, I'll never know. It may have been an isolated incident, but it showed them up for what they are: unprofessional.

Edited by Bombadil

We all do it.

128756[/snapback]

at risk of turning this into the usual "Shepherds crap/ no he aint" argument but I dont think its down to what he said in the brothel.

I took great offence at the fact the two of them were sitting there laughing at me and ripping the piss because they were leeching the money to go whoring from the club I love and pay into. They were sitting bragging about how the club pays them to shag around the world and how they were making a fortune from selling cheap tat to the mugs. And before you say "we all know they cost bugger all to make" yes, I know that but I dont like it rubbing in my face.

Like you say, its ancient history but frankly he (and especially fat twat Douggy) makes my piss boil whenever he makes another stupid remark.

EDIT: Oh and Leazes Im sure your missus will be chuffed to know you talk about women when your in a brothel :razz:;)

128759[/snapback]

PP...considering the amount of people who come on here and say the NOTW talks shit.....[but think the Guardian doesn't however we won't go there] why then is it that they hold these comments, made to the NOTW, with such regard ?

As I said, I don't give a toss about what Shepherd says over a few beers, we all do. Why should my missus care, does yours ????????

Genuine question. She doesn't give a toss either what Fred said..and I have never BEEN with someone in a brothel, although i have been to one :angry:

And a bloody good one it is too, I mention it now and again to Meenzer and Icegrim. Thats assuming the Eros centre is a brothel.

You weren't talking about the players or the fans, you were talking about investors and businessmen who could get involved in the club. The thing is, no-one will even want go near the club as long as Shepherd and Hall are still around. There were a number of capable people on the board in 1998 and there was a takeover bid, but those people shied away or resigned as a result of Shepherd's and Hall's unprofessionalism.

As for your comment that the fans didn't give a toss: according a BBC Online article...

Opinion polls have found as many as 96% of Newcastle FC supporters think the men should go.

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/68249.stm

How Shepherd and Hall got away with it, I'll never know. It may have been an isolated incident, but it showed them up for what they are: unprofessional.

128760[/snapback]

Like Northern Rock ? Like Premium TV ? Like the people who made the Goal film ?

You're making it up as go mate, like all the Keegan bandwagon jumper Shepherd bashers.

A BBC online poll means jackshit too. Just like the way the always find a crying geordie when they want to.

You have a lot to learn if you believe such things, by organisations which have a history of being only to happy to run down Newcastle, particularly when, or because, they show genuine signs of being a threat to their own clubs, like they did under Keegan labelling and calling him what they did.

For the record, I have ALWAYS stated that the ONLY person responsible for results on the pitch is the Team manager.

While the board runs the business, and if they are running it so well as to provide their managers with the funds that our board has done, they are doing their job very very well indeed.

Somehow I just know the next reply is going to be from a keegan bandwagon jumper thinking moving up to challenge Arsenal and Liverpool on a consistent basis is a piece of piss....

Edited by LeazesMag

We all do it.

128756[/snapback]

128759[/snapback]

PP...considering the amount of people who come on here and say the NOTW talks shit.....[but think the Guardian doesn't however we won't go there] why then is it that they hold these comments, made to the NOTW, with such regard ?

As I said, I don't give a toss about what Shepherd says over a few beers, we all do. Why should my missus care, does yours ????????

Genuine question. She doesn't give a toss either what Fred said..and I have never BEEN with someone in a brothel, although i have been to one :angry:

And a bloody good one it is too, I mention it now and again to Meenzer and Icegrim. Thats assuming the Eros centre is a brothel.

128914[/snapback]

Like I said, I dont think this should be a slag Shepherd off thread however my missus doesnt care what I say anymore :angry:

seriously though yours would give a shit if she overheard you say that "the best thing about her is her money, it allows you to shag around like a rat, then go on about how shite she is in bed and nowt like those Playboy models you buggered senseless last week while you were supposed to be working"

And the NOTW was believed because iirc they had it all on tape for the world to hear, fat Douggy wobbling around and slavering at how fat and clever he was while Fred called us all daft idiots.

Water under the bridge, forgive and forget is my motto, he has actually redeemed himself since then, Im just totally shocked that a sensible bloke like yourself cant even admit the damage he did the club then.

FFS isn't going to sell unless he makes zillions

After all once he's sold he goes back to being a minor local businessman who no-one will be interested in - no first class travel, no business jets, no meeja fawning

AND he loses millions in divi each year

We all do it.

128756[/snapback]

128759[/snapback]

128914[/snapback]

Like I said, I dont think this should be a slag Shepherd off thread however my missus doesnt care what I say anymore :angry:

seriously though yours would give a shit if she overheard you say that "the best thing about her is her money, it allows you to shag around like a rat, then go on about how shite she is in bed and nowt like those Playboy models you buggered senseless last week while you were supposed to be working"

And the NOTW was believed because iirc they had it all on tape for the world to hear, fat Douggy wobbling around and slavering at how fat and clever he was while Fred called us all daft idiots.

Water under the bridge, forgive and forget is my motto, he has actually redeemed himself since then, Im just totally shocked that a sensible bloke like yourself cant even admit the damage he did the club then.

128927[/snapback]

howay PP...I've said a few times it would be better if he didn't make public gaffes..however if the club is successful ie when we were in the CL no one really gave a toss. I forgive and forget too, usually, not in Souness case. B)

It's only really people looking for scrapegoats isn't it ?

We see so many posts talking about Fat Cunt Fred, when the team loses..but nothing when the team wins..it's all bollocks really, if the team plays crap then the venom should be taken out on the ones responsible ie the manager if he's a fuckwit like Souness was, or the players who are ALL collecting a lot more money than the clubs directors. If anyones a leech, its them, or the ones who don't perform. And the ones who open their gob and promise everything then don't perform, or throw the captains armband down.......put the blame in the right place where it belongs.

If someone comes along who can do what we want, I would be for it too, but in the real world the person who is the subject of this thread is the type of person who is looking to buy top premiership clubs these days. Food for though eh ?

And catching Liverpool and Arsenal is an immensely difficult task, why do people think it wouldn't be ? [ It's got nowt to do with directors dividends or the chairman saying stupid things in the press now and again ! ] To me, giving this impression it's an easy task is extremely, massively naive. The team manager who is better than Wenger and Benitez will do it IMO, we did it under Robson fleetingly, and under Keegan too, but both these clubs also had inferior manager to those they currently possess. The club has the setup, you have got to say about them they have made mistakes but at least when they have they have set about rectifying them and driving to get back up again. Believe it or not, Liverpool and Arsenal have also done this themselves.

Edited by LeazesMag

i thought we were £72 million in debt because of him.... taking cash and spreading it around his offshore accounts...

money tied up in bricks and mortar --- what a load of bollocks.

this club although being managed reasonably well is going to go to the wall unless we stop buying overpaid overrated injury prone shit and old stagers that aren't quite as good as they could be.

just my 0.02$

i thought we were £72 million in debt because of him.... taking cash and spreading it around his offshore accounts...

money tied up in bricks and mortar --- what a load of bollocks.

this club although being managed reasonably well is going to go to the wall unless we stop buying overpaid overrated injury prone shit and old stagers that aren't quite as good as they could be.

just my 0.02$

129117[/snapback]

a new id for an old poster ....

I agree about the need to start balancing the books mind, it was said when Souness conducted his absurd clear out of players for nothing and replacing them for a fortune just to massage his ego would lead to this.....but some agreed it had to be done though.

There are players who should have stayed that he kicked out, and other brought in that shouldn't have been. It's obvious who they alll are.

I only hope that the same people who are now complaing about the club attempting to be successful, don't now complain when the ticket prices go up or we miss out on some big players through the transfer fee, or wages.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Edited by LeazesMag