Twat

JawD

Aye, this old thing thats been done a bazillion times, but I was looking at this particular line up.

GK - Pav

LB - Beresford

CB - R. Elliot

CB - Peacock

RB - S. Elliot

LM - Ginola

CM - Clark

CM - Beardsley

RM - Pinas

CF - Ferdinand

CF - Asprilla

Now, some of these didnt play together, and a couple Im scraping the barrel (Pinas didnt do much nor did Stuart Elliot). But, and its an easy friday question. What is common about this team?

;)

Edited by JawD

Im currently sitting thinking of what abuse to hurl in your direction. But no, Ill wait, c'mon its easy! Take into consideration my subject title....

Well done that man, yup each and everyone of them was booted out of the club by one Mr Dalglish. Granted some took little persuading but looking at that side alone, let alone who stayed and was brought in, its not to shabby is it. Hence the title, twat.

Edited by JawD

The only twat on here looks like you as in " stupid twat " as it's not true. For example, it's well known that the board did the deal for ferdinand. Ginola wanted to leave and given the effort he was putting in it's as well that he did.

If you look at Dalglish's deals he bought some very good players.

The only twat on here looks like you as in " stupid twat " as it's not true. For example, it's well known that the board did the deal for ferdinand. Ginola wanted to leave and given the effort he was putting in it's as well that he did.

129139[/snapback]

Hmm Andreas Anderson, John Barnes, Ian Rush, Carl Serrant, Garry Brady, Laurent Charvet, Paul Dalglish, George Georgiadis.

Quality eh ??

The only twat on here looks like you as in " stupid twat "

129139[/snapback]

;)

Well aren't you just the world's biggest bellend?

129141[/snapback]

:razz:

The only bellend on here looks like you as in " stupid bellend " as it's not true. For example, it's well known that Graham Souness is the worlds biggest bellend.

Every manger signs rubbish. Look at all of the players Dalglish signed. As good as, if not better, than robson's dealings if you want to use a comparator.

Seems like a lot of you just jump on the bandwagon without looking at the facts and are afraid to say anything for fear of upsetting your bumchums on this site.

Seems like a lot of you just jump on the bandwagon without looking at the facts and are afraid to say anything for fear of upsetting your bumchums on this site.

129159[/snapback]

Yep, you've got us all bang to rights, you charmless prick.

Every manger signs rubbish. Look at all of the players Dalglish signed.  As good as, if not better, than robson's dealings if you want to use a comparator.

129159[/snapback]

Dalgliesh stripped the club of it's attacking players man, what you gonna balance that out with ? Nobby? 1 player!! Speed was deep midfield, good player though.

He bought Given which was great and Hamman was ok (i'm told) for about 6 months.

To compare Dalgleish's impact on NUFC with SBR?

129139[/snapback]

Hmm Andreas Anderson, John Barnes, Ian Rush, Carl Serrant, Garry Brady, Laurent Charvet, Paul Dalglish, George Georgiadis.

Quality eh ??

129148[/snapback]

No, but Given, Hamann, Dabizas, Speed, Solano, Ketsbaia, Griffin, Hughes (brought through by Dalglish) & Pearce weren't exactly the worst buys this club has made.

129139[/snapback]

Quality eh ??

129148[/snapback]

No, but Given, Hamann, Dabizas, Speed, Solano, Ketsbaia, Griffin, Hughes (brought through by Dalglish) & Pearce weren't exactly the worst buys this club has made.

129166[/snapback]

Only Given, Solano and Speed were worth it in my humble opinion. Hamann was sold for a profit i guess, a very rare event at NUFC.

Edited by ChocChip

129139[/snapback]

Well, did I just run over KD's fecking love child ;)

and I quote "Granted some took little persuading"

By that I mean I know some wanted to leave.

Yes, he did sign some decent players, but thats not what I was talking about. Please, dont try and defend KD.

Oh and and you can take your bellend remark and shove it in your ear, hopefully it might put a smile on your face. Miserable freak :razz:

Anyway, as for the reasonable dabate,

Given, Hamann, Dabizas, Speed, Solano, Ketsbaia, Griffin, Hughes (brought through by Dalglish) & Pearce weren't exactly the worst buys this club has made.

Id have to disagree about Ketsbaia, or headless chicken as I fondly remember him. Dabizas while a decent servent for the club, wasn't anything fantastic. Hamann I did like as a player and if Im correct, remains our highest value player sold. Given, Nobby, Speed and pearce were good signings. Hughes Id like us still to have kept as a utility player.

Every manager does make bad signings. But let me refresh some of the finer moments.

Firstly, the failed forwards. Tomasson (arguably out of position), Anderson (on his own too much), Paul Dalglish (not good enough), old mate Ian Rush (!), Guivarch, and I even think it was KD who had Kitson up front on his own.

He signed keeper Perez from our mates down the road just to balance things up a little. thankfully, it wasnt he who signed Mike Hooper!

In the interest of full information:

IN:

Andy Griffin DEF Stoke City £1,500,000

Nicos Dabizas DEF Olympiakos £2,000,000

Jon Dahl Tomasson FWD Heerenveen £2,500,000

Nolberto Solano MID Boca Juniors £2,500,000

Bjarni Gudjonsson FWD IA Akranes £250,000

Jamie Coppinger FWD Darlington £250,000

Paul Robinson FWD Darlington £250,000

Andreas Andersson FWD AC Milan £3,000,000

Stephane Guivarc'h FWD Auxerre £3,500,000

Alessandro Pistone DEF Inter Milan £4,500,000

Dietmar Hamann MID Bayern Munich £4,500,000

Gary Speed MID Everton £5,500,000

George Georgiadis MID Panathanaikos £500,000

Carl Serrant DEF Oldham £500,000

Stephen Glass MID Aberdeen £650,000

Garry Brady MID Tottenham £650,000

Laurent Charvet DEF Cannes £750,000

Paddy Kelly MID Celtic Free

Shay Given GKR Blackburn Free

Temuri Ketsbaia MID AEK Athens Free

Stuart Pearce DEF Nottingham Forest Free

Brian Pinas MID Feyenoord Free

John Barnes MID Liverpool Free

Ian Rush FWD Leeds United Free

Carlos Gonzalez FWD Sydney Olympic Free

Ralf Keidel MID Schweinfurt Free

Paul Dalglish FWD Liverpool Free

David Terrier DEF Unattached (West Ham) Free

Lionel Perez GKR Sunderland Free

OUT

John Beresford DEF Southampton £1,500,000

Jimmy Crawford MID Reading £100,000

Darren Peacock DEF Blackburn £100,000

David Ginola MID Tottenham £2,000,000

Paul Kitson DEF West Ham £2,300,000

Lee Clark MID Sunderland £2,500,000

Jon Dahl Tomasson FWD Feyenoord £2,500,000

Brian Pinas MID Feyenoord £200,000

Robbie Elliott DEF Bolton £3,500,000

Peter Beardsley FWD Bolton £450,000

Les Ferdinand FWD Tottenham £6,000,000

Tino Asprilla FWD Parma £6,000,000

Paul Brayson FWD Reading Free

Ian Rush FWD Wrexham Free

Shaka Hislop GKR West Ham Free

Pavel Srnicek GKR Banik Ostrava Free

Thats copies from .com

We all know and remember with fondness Paul Kitson up front on his own ;)

Actually, he done alreet when he left...

Stephane Guivarc'h FWD Auxerre £3,500,000

Surely the very worst striker we had in that period. Did he score a goal for us? I think I remember him failing to score in the WC 98 - quite some acivement given that he was the sole striker in the French squad.