The 'Werepig' confirms Milner talks..

Scottish Mag

Newcastle have indicated that they are prepared to sell starlet James Milner, according to Aston Villa boss David O'Leary.

Milner has been one of the few bright spots in a disappointing campaign for Villa and O'Leary has made no secret of his desire to retain the services of the all-action winger.

O'Leary believes Milner wants to stay in the Second City and is hopeful of thrashing out a deal with Newcastle inside the next fortnight.

"I can say the club want to buy him and we have started negotiations with Newcastle on that," O'Leary said on Sky Sports News. "Newcastle have given us a price and hopefully we can secure that.

"We have £1.5 million off the Nobby Solano deal waiting to be put down on it. I want to keep him because he is here.

"We believe he is an Aston Villa player, even though we don't own him, because he is here. We don't want to lose him and I think he will be a good player for the future of the football club.

"I hope in the next couple of weeks a permanent deal can be done. James wants to stay, he wants to play for me and I hope over the next couple of weeks we can secure a deal which keeps James here for the long term."

O'Leary claims that should Villa secure Milner's signature, it will end his summer spending spree unless he can move players on.

"That is the budget, that will be it," he added. "Any other money to bring players in will have to be done on the back of any players we sell."

Milner arrived at Newcastle in the summer of 2004 from Leeds and it comes as a surprise that the club would opt to sell a player viewed by many as the ready-made replacement for Nolberto Solano.

When i see him play he never quite looks good enough to me, i know his stats are meant to be good for Villa but when i see him on T.V. he just doesn't look like he's gonna become a force in the Prem.

O'Dreary is out of line and has been for some time with his comments to the press though.

Edited by ChocChip

Unless its for serious money then this is yet another stupid sale.

He's done really well in the prem for Villa (due to good coaching against playing under fuckwitt souness) and theres obviously a reason why villa are desperate to keep him.

So for us to get rid of him without having him back and seeign what he can do here, when we already have an understrength squad is just stupid, unless its for a very good fee, well above what we paid for him.

But this being NUFC i fully expect us to sell him on the cheap for probably less than we paid, even though we know they really want him.

I really dont see the point of selling him. Not yet at least. Also dont see how we can even talk to Villa until the new manager comes in and decides if he wants him. Unless he's already here of course ;)

Whispering pigface should keep his gob shut and negotiate with Newcastle, as he claims he's doing. These comments to the press are designed to get into a young lad's head and make him think that a) he's not wanted at Newcastle and ;) he's wanted at Villa, and they're completely out of order.

If anyone did it to one of his players, he'd be stamping his trotters and screaming blue murder. :razz:

Whispering pigface should keep his gob shut and negotiate with Newcastle, as he claims he's doing.  These comments to the press are designed to get into a young lad's head and make him think that a) he's not wanted at Newcastle and ;) he's wanted at Villa, and they're completely out of order.

If anyone did it to one of his players, he'd be stamping his trotters and screaming blue murder.  :razz:

129191[/snapback]

Didn't he get done for tapping up James Beattie as well?

We sold Bellamy for £4-4.5m that sums the club up where sales are concerned, an absolute joke!

So i would be astounded if we made a decent profit on Millner, in fact i'd be surprised if we got our money back despite the fact Villa desperately want him.

I really dont see the point of selling him.  Not yet at least.  Also dont see how we can even talk to Villa until the new manager comes in and decides if he wants him.  Unless he's already here of course ;)

129189[/snapback]

I couldn't believe this news until I saw O'Bleary on SSN.

Who the fuck has sanctioned this???? As JawD says, we surely cannot be agreeing to this sale in case the next manager sees Milner as a great asset! Unless, as JawD says once more, he's here already.

If the next manager has not sanctioned this, then this business fucking stinks :razz: