Scolari withdraws application for England Job

Took one look at our press and thought "Fuck that".

129233[/snapback]

More than likely.

Gives the F.A the excuse to say they scoured the globe looking for the best man for the job but it fell through. Then appoint O'neill like they've wanted to all along.

Aye a big fucking thumbs up to the English press. At least this bloke had the balls and the sense to quit before he even took the job and they made his life hell. Nobody needs that, and I'm surprised Sven put up with it for so long. Pack of wankers.0

From Teletext:

Last night there were 20 reporters outside my house. I don't like this pressure so I will definatly not be coach of England.

Cheers knobheads.

"I don't want anything more to do with this England matter because in the space of two days ... my life was invaded, my privacy was disrupted," said Scolari, who will remain Portugal coach until after the World Cup.

"There are 20 reporters outside my house now. If that is part of another culture, it is not part of my culture."

"I don't want anything more to do with this England matter because in the space of two days ... my life was invaded, my privacy was disrupted," said Scolari, who will remain Portugal coach until after the World Cup.

"There are 20 reporters outside my house now. If that is part of another culture, it is not part of my culture."

129240[/snapback]

Don't blame him tbh. Well said really.

Aye a big fucking thumbs up to the English press.  At least this bloke had the balls and the sense to quit before he even took the job and they made his life hell.  Nobody needs that, and I'm surprised Sven put up with it for so long.  Pack of wankers.0

129236[/snapback]

There was a good Henry Winter article in todays Torygraph about the difference of characters between Eriksson and Scolari and why latter had disaster written all over him. Eriksson at least always staid calm despite all the stick he got from the press. Scolari was quoted that he would not sue a journa but just knock him out .... Wait, there is an idea:

SCOLARI FOR NEWCASTLE

(just to finish Robert's undone job).

Hopefully the press will realise what a bunch of muppets they are all are.

129258[/snapback]

I wouldn't hold your breath mate.

I find the celebrity obsessed, scum-journalist driven, lowest common denominator culture in this country cringeworthy tbh.

It's embarrassing.

Hopefully the press will realise what a bunch of muppets they are all are.

129258[/snapback]

I wouldn't hold your breath mate.

I find the celebrity obsessed, scum-journalist driven, lowest common denominator culture in this country cringeworthy tbh.

It's embarrassing.

129322[/snapback]

Absolutely, sadder than that though is that they only report it as enough people are happy to lap it up. Scolari's right, there is something wrong in our culture which nurtures this crap.

Fair play to him in my eyes, the press have gotten what they wanted in the end, Mike Baldwin it would appear to be, then they've only got themselves to blame when that goes tits up as well

Guest CrimsonFault

Talking of Allardyce, he's always in the press talking about the England job saying he deserves it, hes absoloutley desperate for the job!

But he's one of the most over-rated managers around!

Talking of Allardyce, he's always in the press talking about the England job saying he deserves it, hes absoloutley desperate for the job!

129391[/snapback]

Rather him than Mike Baldwin

Guest CrimsonFault

129391[/snapback]

Rather him than Mike Baldwin

129392[/snapback]

At least Baldwin is used to managing a bunch of women.