Gunners chasing N'Zogbia?

Scottish Mag

Arsenal are casting their envious eyes in the direction of Newcastle United's young Frenchman Charles N'Zogbia.

But Glenn Roeder, who is aware of the interest from Highbury, will fight tooth and nail to hold on to the 19-year-old midfielder.

However, Arsenal's French connection from manager Arsene Wenger to players like Thierry Henry, Robert Pires, Matthieu Flamini, Gael Clichy and Pascal Cygan will set the alarm bells ringing at St James' Park.

N'Zogbia is still some way short of reaching his potential but Wenger, the manager Roeder perhaps admires most in the Premiership, has the knack of bringing on young players like that.

Fortunately, N'Zogbia is under contract at St James' Park, and when Roeder decides on who is staying and who he would like to go, the man signed from French club Le Havre is most definitely in the former category.

However, one worry is that Jean Alain Boumsong is likely to be on the move and N'Zogbia will not only lose a French colleague but also the player who has taken him under his wing and been his mentor since he arrived at St James' Park in 2004.

Sir Bobby Robson and his chief scout Charlie Woods made some bad buys at United, but ironically one of their last signings, N'Zogbia, looks like being a big hit.

Roeder saw the French midfielder perform the "Roeder shuffle" in his first game in charge against Portsmouth at the beginning of February.

He says: "Charles is one of our quiet men who trains hard and well and then goes home.

"Obviously, the World Cup in Germany in the summer will come a bit too early for him but he should be now thinking about getting into the French Under-21 set-up."

Meanwhile, United will be hoping that Spurs beat Bolton Wanderers at White Hart Lane tomorrow to increase their chances of qualifying for Europe.

Bolton are a threat to United's hopes and nobody will be expecting Middlesbrough to do much against them at the Reebok Stadium on Wednesday night, with the Teessiders now having a UEFA Cup final date with Sevilla in Eindhoven on May 10.

Fortunately, N'Zogbia is under contract at St James' Park

Phew. For a minute there I thought we were in trouble. ;)

I reckon Oliver's made this up tbh. If I had to think of one club likely to want N'Zogbia, off the top of my head it would be Arsenal. I suspect that's similar to the "research" Oliver has done with this story.

Fortunately, N'Zogbia is under contract at St James' Park

Phew. For a minute there I thought we were in trouble. ;)

I reckon Oliver's made this up tbh. If I had to think of one club likely to want N'Zogbia, off the top of my head it would be Arsenal. I suspect that's similar to the "research" Oliver has done with this story.

129508[/snapback]

I remember one of the first conversations I had with Biffa of .COM was about his serious belief that Oliver's "research" consisted of 3 paper bags with bits of paper with player's names, clubs and fees written on them which he just "lucky dipped".

Arsenal = Fuck off.

Boumsong = Fuck off

129517[/snapback]

Therefore

Arsenal = Boumsong ??

129518[/snapback]

All we can do is hope the good lord spares us from Boumsongs Tyranny.. ;)

Guest CrimsonFault
However, one worry is that Jean Alain Boumsong is likely to be on the move
How is that worrying?

129510[/snapback]

Boumsong has taken Charles under his wing. Acting as a big brother.

129899[/snapback]

According to Oliver that is, so therefore it's bullshit

Nonsense !!

He'll stay with us !

I've never heard of a French player deciding life is better away from the comforts of St James's Park !!!

....hang on.

He is tempted by the move. I know that for a fact.

130056[/snapback]

He'd be stupid not to be tempted if the story is true. Wenger is probably the best manager in Europe when it comes to developing young talent and N'Zogbia would fit in perfectly at Arsenal.

Hopefully he will sign an improved contract with us in the summer, that way we will at least get a bit more money for him if he leaves.

A French lad I know goes drinking with him.  I'll pass the message on that I'll LACE HIM if he leaves.  That should put this issue to bed tbh.

130104[/snapback]

That and we will make sure AC and SC give him a right roasting as an all arsenal welcome ;)

A French lad I know goes drinking with him.  I'll pass the message on that I'll LACE HIM if he leaves.  That should put this issue to bed tbh.

130104[/snapback]

That and we will make sure AC and SC give him a right roasting as an all arsenal welcome :blush:

130105[/snapback]

Zog on the spit is all mine all mine. ;)

Guest CrimsonFault

130104[/snapback]

My sister drinks with him and Bramble etc., he told her he was tempted if they come in.

He is tempted by the move. I know that for a fact.

130056[/snapback]

He'd be stupid not to be tempted if the story is true. Wenger is probably the best manager in Europe when it comes to developing young talent and N'Zogbia would fit in perfectly at Arsenal.

Hopefully he will sign an improved contract with us in the summer, that way we will at least get a bit more money for him if he leaves.

130070[/snapback]

http://www.southtynesidetoday.co.uk/ViewAr...ticleID=1474886

130104[/snapback]

My sister drinks with him and Bramble etc., he told her he was tempted if they come in.

130108[/snapback]

Disgraceful attitude. Zogbia out.