Zaccheroni

I wouldnt be too hasty, how many premiership clubs will be looking for a new manager this summer and how many of them would be attractive enough?

Us

Smoggies

Charlton

Villa??

Can you think off any others

I wouldnt be too hasty, how many premiership clubs will be looking for a new manager this summer and how many of them would be attractive enough?

Us

Smoggies

Charlton

Villa??

Can you think off any others

130352[/snapback]

I think it'll be one of the Smoggies or Charlton that have contacted him. Unless Shepherd is about to spring a big surprise. What's he like anyway? Anyone know much about his teams etc?

Reports in the North East suggest that chairman Freddy Shepherd may be ready to unveil Souness's long-term successor by the end of the week and Roeder has got the vote of the club's players.

Taken from SSN, only time will tell, it seems

Reports in the North East suggest that chairman Freddy Shepherd may be ready to unveil Souness's long-term successor by the end of the week and Roeder has got the vote of the club's players.

130356[/snapback]

SSN could just be speculating following Portly Freddie's statement about having the 'management structure' in place before the last game finishes.

I bloody hope something is announced this week, though, as I am certain Roeder is not going to be 'the man' and I want to know who is!

130356[/snapback]

SSN could just be speculating following Portly Freddie's statement about having the 'management structure' in place before the last game finishes.

I bloody hope something is announced this week, though, as I am certain Roeder is not going to be 'the man' and I want to know who is!

130364[/snapback]

Aye Roeder said on R5 at the weekend that he didn't expect Shepherd to appoint him as the new manager. I reckon we are probably getting a new face in as manager with Roeder fitting in to some sort of Directorship/Footballing Overlord role.

To be honest, I wouldn't be dissapointed if Roder got the post but I think he should just step down now go back to coaching the youngsters, study for his licence and look back on what he achieved here.

To do what he's done is amazing, but if he starts to loose. then you know as well as I do that the fans at SJP can be really harsh if they dont like what they are seeing, and I think that wouldn't be fair on GR.

He's achieved a good status in newcastle history books and not a bad word can be said about him.

Sorry to post this again, but Portly Freddie must be thinking about season ticket sales.

The fans are split, somewhat, on Roeder and season ticket sales could suffer because of this appointment causing apathy.

I reckon Freddie wants to appoint a 'name' in order to get the fans' juices flowing again and re-new their season tickets.

Just a thought.

Nothing gets my juices flowing more knowing that we have put a good run together under GR and it could continue into the new season where we're challenging for Europe and domestic honours

Edited by robchester

Nothing gets my juices flowing more knowing that we have put a good run together under GR and it could continue into the new season where we're challenging for Europe and domestic honours

130382[/snapback]

Naturally. And then there are a few people who's juices dry up, somewhat, following drab draws with relegation-threatened teams like Brum. Notice how the uphoria over Roeder has diminished since Saturday. If we get thumped by Chewsee, imagine the thought process when the renewal forms get delivered if Roeder is 'the man'.

Just my thoughts. I don't have a season ticket so cannot give an honest answer as to whether I would re-new, or not.

Just my thoughts. I don't have a season ticket so cannot give an honest answer as to whether I would re-new, or not.

130384[/snapback]

I'll renew regardless cos I'm a soopadoopafan. Even if it's Coleman. ;)

Edited by Gemmill

130384[/snapback]

I'll renew regardless cos I'm a soopadoopafan. Even if it's Coleman. :blush:

130386[/snapback]

Soopadoopadoopafan tbh :blush:

You're on Portly Freddies Christmas card list, you are. ;)

130384[/snapback]

I'll renew regardless cos I'm a soopadoopafan. Even if it's Coleman. ;)

130386[/snapback]

To be fair you're still holding out for a dream management team of Coleman and O'Leary. You'd be engrossed by their joint post-match interviews.

130384[/snapback]

I'll renew regardless cos I'm a soopadoopafan. Even if it's Coleman. :blush:

130386[/snapback]

To be fair you're still holding out for a dream management team of Coleman and O'Leary. You'd be engrossed by their joint post-match interviews.

130398[/snapback]

;)

O'Leary could whisper his thoughts to Coleman who could report them in his horrible singsong Welsh accent.

By the way, if we did get Zaccheroni and he turned out to be crap then surely "Spacceroni!" has to get an airing as a Chronicle headline.

130384[/snapback]

I'll renew regardless cos I'm a soopadoopafan. Even if it's Coleman. :o

130386[/snapback]

130398[/snapback]

:blush:

O'Leary could whisper his thoughts to Coleman who could report them in his horrible singsong Welsh accent.

By the way, if we did get Zaccheroni and he turned out to be crap then surely "Spacceroni!" has to get an airing as a Chronicle headline.

130407[/snapback]

;):blush: hope you've copyrighted this!

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Alberto Zaccheroni (born 1 March 1953, in Meldola, Emilia-Romagna) is an Italian football manager who is currently unemployed. He has managed a number of top clubs in Serie A and is renowned for his unconventional 3-4-3 tactical system.

Zaccheroni's playing career was relatively short. He became a manager at the age of 30, while most other players who were the same age continued their career. He started off his coaching career at Cosenza. He moved on to Riccione then San Lazzaro, Baracca, Venezia, Bologna before returning to Cosenza.

His managerial career took off during the 1997-98 season with Serie A side, Udinese. He guided them to the dizzy heights of 3rd place in the league, thus qualifying them for next seasons UEFA Cup. Zaccheroni's great results at Udinese attracted the attention of Italian giants A.C. Milan, who appointed him as manager after the San Siro club had endured 2 miserable seasons. Fellow Udinese colleagues, Oliver Bierhoff and Thomas Helveg joined him in Milan. Zaccheroni delivered instantly, as Milan won the league in the 1998-99 season, pipping Lazio and Fiorentina to the title. The following season was less successful for Zaccheroni as Milan exited the UEFA Champions League early, and although finishing 3rd in Serie A, they were never really in the running for the title. The 2000-01 season was even worse for Zaccheroni, as Milan, again, struggled in the Champions League and finished a lowly 6th in Serie A. This lead to Milan President, Silvio Berlusconi, sacking Zaccheroni and replacing him with Turkish manager, Fatih Terim.

Zaccheroni was without a job for a few months before Lazio came calling, after Dino Zoff had resigned. The Rome club had endured a terrible start to the season yet Zaccheroni managed a 6th place finish, thus earning Lazio a UEFA Cup place. Despite Zaccheroni's brave efforts, he parted company with the Italian giants, to be replaced by Roberto Mancini. Zaccheroni was again called upon in the mid-season of 2003-04, this time to try and save Internazionale. Despite crashing out of the Champions League after a humiliating 5-1 defeat to Arsenal at the San Siro, he managed to lift Inter to 4th place in Serie A, thus earning them a Champions League place for next season. However, Inter president, Massimo Moratti, was not convinced of Zaccheroni's abilities, and he was again replaced by Roberto Mancini.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Alberto Zaccheroni (born 1 March 1953, in Meldola, Emilia-Romagna) is an Italian football manager who is currently unemployed. He has managed a number of top clubs in Serie A and is renowned for his unconventional 3-4-3 tactical system.

Despite Zaccheroni's brave efforts, he parted company with the Italian giants, to be replaced by Roberto Mancini. Zaccheroni was again called upon in the mid-season of 2003-04, this time to try and save Internazionale. Despite crashing out of the Champions League after a humiliating 5-1 defeat to Arsenal at the San Siro, he managed to lift Inter to 4th place in Serie A, thus earning them a Champions League place for next season. However, Inter president, Massimo Moratti, was not convinced of Zaccheroni's abilities, and he was again replaced by Roberto Mancini.

130662[/snapback]

Well if we did employ him it looks like it will only be a matter of time until we get Mancini :blink:

Guest alex

I remember Zaccheroni employed a 3-4-3 formation with success at Udinese. He modified that to a 3-4-1-2 at Milan where he won the league with the Croat Boban playing in the ‘hole’ behind the front two. I found Milan at that time to be an attractive side to watch.

I remember Zaccheroni employed a 3-4-3 formation with success at Udinese. He modified that to a 3-4-1-2 at Milan where he won the league with the Croat Boban playing in the ‘hole’ behind the front two. I found Milan at that time to be an attractive side to watch.

130809[/snapback]

And who were his first choice back 3 at that time?

Maldini, Staam and ???

Reads - Romoreeio, Bumble and Boumsong at the toon, not quite the same level.

130809[/snapback]

Maldini, Staam and ???

130815[/snapback]

It was something like Maldini, Costacurta, Sala

130809[/snapback]

Maldini, Staam and ???

130815[/snapback]

130816[/snapback]

When did Staam transfer then? (Not disagreeing just interested)

Also Serie A, it not really the premier league is it?

130809[/snapback]

Maldini, Staam and ???

130815[/snapback]

130816[/snapback]

When did Staam transfer then? (Not disagreeing just interested)

Also Serie A, it not really the premier league is it?

130819[/snapback]

Guest alex

130809[/snapback]

Maldini, Staam and ???

130815[/snapback]

130816[/snapback]

I think that was it. It was before Stam went there. He went to Lazio first didn't he?