FFS is a w**ker

in fairness to the big fella - he said straight after souness was sacked that he would take his time and get it right.

everyone agreed with this at the time.

whats changed ?

130661[/snapback]

Actually Shepherd promised a full time manager in charge before the end of the season. He also promised a top flight manager with european experience. He promises a lot and doesn't deliver. Remember the big surprise when we sold Woodgate and didn't buy Rooney. Of all the managers appointed by FFS we have Dalglish Gullit Robson and Souness. His record on this isn't outstanding. I think he is great at backing his managers with money but not on doing the right thing with managers.

130839[/snapback]

LM is away selecting his weapon.......I can reveal that he's opted for the stick marked "HINDSIGHT".

I wouldn't blame him tbh, bollocks post from KCG

130875[/snapback]

Just frustration coming out tbh. At the start we thought we might have got Hitzfeld Hiddink Deschamps O'Neill. Now it looks like we're going to get Roeder and Tommy Craig.

First Tommy Craig chant (to the tune of Amadeus by Falco):

Tommy Craig. Tommy Craig.

To-mmy Craig.

To-mmy Craig.

Oh oh Tommy Craig.

Come on and rock me Tommy Craig.

It's a hit!

130875[/snapback]

I would have done too if it hadn't made me laugh !

132123[/snapback]

I know FFS has ploughed money into the club but don't you think he has handled this badly?

132267[/snapback]

he hasnt ploughed a single fuckin penny! He doesnt need to tbf

130875[/snapback]

132123[/snapback]

I know FFS has ploughed money into the club but don't you think he has handled this badly?

132267[/snapback]

I meant "laugh" as in "smile" mate.

At a good descriptive post.

I honestly don't know, but I feel quite happy for some reason, probably because we can start another season without the fuckwit we had a year ago and I'm hoping we have a good summer. Away from football.

I'm not making judgements as to things that I may speculate the board may or may not have done. All we know is that they asked for dispensation for a man who has done a good job as caretaker and unlike some of the past appointments with good CV's, he at least knows the club. I'm prepared to make allowances for West Ham going down seeing as he had a life threatening illness, preferring to see the potential of finishing 7th instead.

I'll back him because he deserves it, and you never know. I'm not happy with keeping the seat warm for Shearer but don't you think if Roeder does well he won't be exactly keeping it warm for anyone other than himself ?

130875[/snapback]

132123[/snapback]

132267[/snapback]

I honestly don't know, but I feel quite happy for some reason, probably because we can start another season without the fuckwit we had a year ago and I'm hoping we have a good summer. Away from football.

I'm not making judgements as to things that I may speculate the board may or may not have done. All we know is that they asked for dispensation for a man who has done a good job as caretaker and unlike some of the past appointments with good CV's, he at least knows the club. I'm prepared to make allowances for West Ham going down seeing as he had a life threatening illness, preferring to see the potential of finishing 7th instead.

I'll back him because he deserves it, and you never know. I'm not happy with keeping the seat warm for Shearer but don't you think if Roeder does well he won't be exactly keeping it warm for anyone other than himself ?

132289[/snapback]

I have very similar sentiments tbh, however i have to agree with Gemmill, it's a lost opportunity to get someone 'world class' in. And by that i mean, better than any of our previous managers.

For me it's just the fact that we have to get used to the idea of having Shearer whether it's good for the club or not. As Mark said in another thread, I was looking forward to a Shearer-free future for a while.

130875[/snapback]

132123[/snapback]

132267[/snapback]

132289[/snapback]

I honestly think this was a missed opportunity to get a world class coach in to change NUFC. The way Keegan changed things. I also think we can look forward to battling for uefa scraps at best for the next few seasons. The days of us fighting for 4th or higher have been consigned to history with this appointment.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

130875[/snapback]

132123[/snapback]

132267[/snapback]

132289[/snapback]

I have very similar sentiments tbh, however i have to agree with Gemmill, it's a lost opportunity to get someone 'world class' in. And by that i mean, better than any of our previous managers.

132290[/snapback]

getting someone to match and better Keegan is a tough call. But I think the appointments of Dalglish and Robson and Gullit were made with that in mind.

Souness obviuosly not.

For me it's just the fact that we have to get used to the idea of having Shearer whether it's good for the club or not. As Mark said in another thread, I was looking forward to a Shearer-free future for a while.

132295[/snapback]

you're depressing me now :D

I think whats pissing me off in this is that Freddy opened his mouth at the start with the classic line "you wouldnt believe some of the names who want the job" as has been pointed out already this has been proved to be total crap, Id have much preferred it if he'd kept schtum and said nowt. I was more than happy with taking time and making the right appointment.

Now, purely because hes said what he did, hes making the Roeder appointment look like desperation.

Well done Freddy for trying to convince us all that O'Neill was first-choice for the job, and that we were ready to unveil the new manager situation by the end of the season, hinting someone already had the job.

Next thing you know, he's involved in a desperate attempt to get our caretaker manager a job, because he can't attract anyone else.