Decision today?

Craig

Talksport seem pretty convinced that the club are going to make an announcement today with regards to the manager's job with Roeder fully expected to get it on a permanent basis....

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, I've had enough of the waiting. It's not like we're waiting because Shepherd is out "scouring the globe" either. He's made his decision, so let's just get it over with and end all the speculation, which is getting on my tits.

Having said that, Talksport are know-nowts for the most part.

Aye, I've had enough of the waiting.  It's not like we're waiting because Shepherd is out "scouring the globe" either.  He's made his decision, so let's just get it over with and end all the speculation, which is getting on my tits.

130787[/snapback]

so have we all accepted that its gonna be roeder on his own permanently then?

woopee :blink:

Lets hope so, personally, I'm sick to death of the whole thing.

130782[/snapback]

Totally agree...

That being said, I had no problem with them taking 3 months to appoint someone if they were going to get someone from elsewhere and 'wait for their man'.

3 months to permanently appoint the man who was in temporary charge anyway is a bit of a joke - and that's not a dig at Roeder at all....

Aye, I've had enough of the waiting.  It's not like we're waiting because Shepherd is out "scouring the globe" either.  He's made his decision, so let's just get it over with and end all the speculation, which is getting on my tits.

130787[/snapback]

so have we all accepted that its gonna be roeder on his own permanently then?

woopee :blink:

130791[/snapback]

I've got a slim hope that there'll be a Houllier attached to it, but failing that then yeah, I think it's Roeder.

Portly Freddie is gonna pull one out of the hat and surprise us when he announces..'Ladies and gentlemen, Newcastle United's new manager....' and in walks......

Martin O'Neill.

I feel it in me bones.

*yawns*  They don't like it up 'em!

No, I didn't get the wrong thread.

Houllier? Swap the Campions League for NUFC ??

130795[/snapback]

I reckon Houllier would love to manage us, unfinished business over here

Guest Sima

I'm starting to change my mind over Roeder tbh.

So uninspiring from Shepherd and not the kind of name to boost ST sales.

We will hear f*ck all yet again today..

130818[/snapback]

To quote Iggy Pop:

I'm bored

I'm the chairman of the bored,

I'm a lengthy monologue

I'm livin' like a dog

I'm bored

I bore myself to sleep at night

I bore myself in broad daylight because

I'm bored

Just another slimey bore

I'm free to bore my well-bought friends

And spend my cash until the end because

I'm bored

I'm bored

I'm the chairman of the board

I'm sick

I'm sick of all my kicks

I'm sick of all the stiffs

I'm sick of all the dips

I'm bored

I bore myself to sleep at night

I bore myself in broad daylight because

I'm bored

I'm bored

Just another dirty bore

Wish I had the money to put a bet on...! But that's ok as I have a good friend of mine whose doing it for me :blink:

:huh:

130886[/snapback]

So it's true about you and Gemm being an 'item' ?? ;)

I agree I just want this over with now but I am going to be really let down when Roder is confirmed.

After all no one in their right minds would have even considered him before he became caretaker and although he's done well he's really done nothing outstanding to suggest he can move us forward.

But I'm sure he will keep us afloat until Al takes over!

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I actually quite like Roeder, and won't be dissapointed seeing him in charge next season. At the end of the day, no top class managers are particularly interested. Le Guen wanted CL football, O'Neill wouldn't take the shit from our board, Hitzfeld wants the Germany job and I doubt was ever seriously interested, if at all. So realistically, if I had to choose between Roeder, Allardyce, Curbishley et al, I'd happily take Roeder.

While Souness was a proven c-word before his appointment, and appointment which i opposed from day one, I'm prepared to give Roeder a chance. He's calm, rational and intelligent. Everything Souness isn't.

There's also something about the soopa-fans already calling for his sacking that makes him even more of an attractive candidate for me. Those kiddas will be back on the wagon after one win.

I was all for Roeder having the rest of the season as a caretaker, and he's done a good job. However, is he the man to take us forward? I seriously doubt it - his record is actually pretty poor.

If Shepherd can't entice a decent manager like O'Neill any more, then what is he here for? FFS, even Rangers are a more attractive proposition than us, and they are probably not going to be in the CL this year.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I actually quite like Roeder, and won't be dissapointed seeing him in charge next season. At the end of the day, no top class managers are particularly interested. Le Guen wanted CL football, O'Neill wouldn't take the shit from our board, Hitzfeld wants the Germany job and I doubt was ever seriously interested, if at all. So realistically, if I had to choose between Roeder, Allardyce, Curbishley et al, I'd happily take Roeder.

While Souness was a proven c-word before his appointment, and appointment which i opposed from day one, I'm prepared to give Roeder a chance. He's calm, rational and intelligent. Everything Souness isn't.

There's also something about the soopa-fans already calling for his sacking that makes him even more of an attractive candidate for me. Those kiddas will be back on the wagon after one win.

131005[/snapback]

If Le Guen wanted CL football, it looks like he's made a bit of a cock-up going to Rangers.

It's easy to say "yeah well no top class manager will want to come here" but is anybody seriously convinced that any were even approached?

Not me.

Aye Wullie, that is the annoying thing. I was saying last week that I could see the sense in the Roeder appointment and I still can, although it's definitely a missed opportunity. What is so annoying is the stupid bloody Mickey Mouse way we're circumventing the rules to appoint him, and the fact that like you I don't think Shepherd has done ANYTHING over the last few months, but sit on his fat arse.