Decision today?

Craig

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye Wullie, that is the annoying thing.  I was saying last week that I could see the sense in the Roeder appointment and I still can, although it's definitely a missed opportunity.  What is so annoying is the stupid bloody Mickey Mouse way we're circumventing the rules to appoint him, and the fact that like you I don't think Shepherd has done ANYTHING over the last few months, but sit on his fat arse.

131100[/snapback]

We may never know, but i think most people think he's spoken to O'Neil, thats failed or failing and he's turned to Roeder.

The idea that he would have got off his arse and used his brains to talk t the likes of Hitzfeld sadly doesn't even enter my mind, just as the idea of getting a top class but foreign coach doesn't enter Fred's limited mind.

Roeder is alot better than some of the people out there, including many we've been linked with and he does understand this club and its fans but h should have been the choice after fat boy had scoured europe for the very best.

Aye Wullie, that is the annoying thing.  I was saying last week that I could see the sense in the Roeder appointment and I still can, although it's definitely a missed opportunity.  What is so annoying is the stupid bloody Mickey Mouse way we're circumventing the rules to appoint him, and the fact that like you I don't think Shepherd has done ANYTHING over the last few months, but sit on his fat arse.

131100[/snapback]

We may never know, but i think most people think he's spoken to O'Neil, thats failed or failing and he's turned to Roeder.

The idea that he would have got off his arse and used his brains to talk t the likes of Hitzfeld sadly doesn't even enter my mind, just as the idea of getting a top class but foreign coach doesn't enter Fred's limited mind.

Roeder is alot better than some of the people out there, including many we've been linked with and he does understand this club and its fans but h should have been the choice after fat boy had scoured europe for the very best.

131113[/snapback]

Hey! I did scour Europe! :blink:

131100[/snapback]

131113[/snapback]

131116[/snapback]

:huh:

And what was your conclusion, who should we be making our new manager? The fans need to know!!!

131100[/snapback]

131113[/snapback]

131116[/snapback]

:huh:

And what was your conclusion, who should we be making our new manager? The fans need to know!!!

131117[/snapback]

Er, Roeder, er I mean, Keegan, er... yeah, no Hitzfeld, erm, Houllier, er no, I meant Souness! Yes, Souness! He's the man! No wait...

Papa Lazaru!

seb_black_white_face.jpg

EDIT: Houllier in for one year as manager with Roeder as his trusty sidekick, then Roeder would've finished his 10 metre badge...

Edited by Fat Boy

I'm starting to change my mind over Roeder tbh.

So uninspiring from Shepherd and not the kind of name to boost ST sales.

130802[/snapback]

good point

I'm starting to change my mind over Roeder tbh.

So uninspiring from Shepherd and not the kind of name to boost ST sales.

130802[/snapback]

good point

131145[/snapback]

What point?

I was all for Roeder having the rest of the season as a caretaker, and he's done a good job. However, is he the man to take us forward? I seriously doubt it - his record is actually pretty poor.

If Shepherd can't entice a decent manager like O'Neill any more, then what is he here for? FFS, even Rangers are a more attractive proposition than us, and they are probably not going to be in the CL this year.

131030[/snapback]

As we have had CV managers who have not gave us what we want, despite outstanding financial backing that only a top board and well run club could provide, what exactly do you [not you] have against the board thinking this approach may not actually be the best one for a change and looking at the person instead ? After all this is the very thing you [not you] have accused them of not doing in the past is it not ?

Whether he is the right man or not, I don't know. What I do know is, he can't make any worse fuck-ups than the last manager, he can't waste so much money, and he can't make such terrible sales, things which many people on here backed while they were going on. So if you backed that wanker, why not back Roeder instead, and if you are concerned at the lack of yet another "big name", maybe its because the last manager through his reckless buying and selling has cleaned out the coffers - a policy that many people also backed, despite myself and others, like you, warning what Souness was doing to the club. If anything, THIS is more likely to be heading towards the true situation at the club, and touching on any possible reason for someone turning the job down.

The notion that we can't be successful under Shepherd that people peddle is rubbish anyway, considering the Robson years in the CL, so it will be interesting to see the amount of disappearing acts and u-turns if it happens again.

What would piss me off more than anything, and I suspect all of us, is if Roeder goes somewhere else and is successful, then we looked around and wondered why we didn't see the potential in someone who took a selling club like West Ham to 7th in the premiership, rather than focus on the fact they were relegated with extremely mitigating factors, such as selling loads of players to build a ground that caused massive upheavel behind the scenes, [which we used to do when we had a shite board but don't now so he wouldn't have that problem here] disruption from supporters as a result, and his own health problems.

I don't envy the board the decision. But if Roeder has got it, he'll get more support from me that Souness got, which says fuck all really, because Souness got none.

Sima's point is a good point. As so many of you said it would be a "season ticket" appointment, then you would be wrong !!! What do you think of that if its the case ?

Guest alex

I love the way Leazes just cuts and pastes bits from stuff he's just posted on N-O regardless of their relevance :blink:

I'm not going to make any comment on this until it's finally announced. I however doubt a different manager than Roeder (or something involving him) will be announced before Sunday, or before next Thursday, considering everything that is going on in the next week.

Just wait and see. Hopefully Boro can get something tonight and Bolton slip up on Sunday meaning we don't have to get too much against Chelsea. A bit of European action, however unexpected, will be quite nice for the new management team to get their teeth into. Although a sensible pre-season with properly organised friendlies and good team/management bonding would be nice as well.

Leazes, I don't read N-O any more, so have no idea if it's been said over there, but it sounds to me like you're saying "We've tried proven managers before and it hasn't worked, so let's give the job to just about anyone". Roeder's managerial CV is very sketchy at best, I have little confidence we can progress with him at the helm. I like the bloke and he will get my support, but that's as far as it goes.

Why can't we follow the example of our competitors, at least the clubs we should be competing with, and get a decent proven manager in, whether he's foreign or not? Why can't we follow the example of Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, and especially Liverpool? You know, that scouse club down the road who we were better than just 3 years ago?

The fact is this club is going nowhere fast under Shepherd, and without the benefit of hindsight, I will say we will not break into the top 5 with Roeder, let alone the top 4.

Decent point from LM tbh though.

Maybe the pure appointment for a ST sales manager isn't what we need right now.

131159[/snapback]

No, I'd actually prefer a good managerial appointment, full stop.

Guest alex

I'd love to know who Shepherd has spoken to. I've got a feeling we wouldn't be pleasantly surprised. Also, if Roeder were to get the job full-time and he were to be a success (two very big ifs) you can't tell me that would be anything other than a massive fluke.

I'd love to know who Shepherd has spoken to. I've got a feeling we wouldn't be pleasantly surprised. Also, if Roeder were to get the job full-time and he were to be a success (two very big ifs) you can't tell me that would be anything other than a massive fluke.

131167[/snapback]

And in the unlikely event he's a big success elsewhere, I'll bare my arse in Fenwick's window.

131167[/snapback]

A fluke when he does, but a bad decision when he doesn't :blink:

I love the way Leazes just cuts and pastes bits from stuff he's just posted on N-O regardless of their relevance :blink:

131155[/snapback]

but your purpose to the discussion is ?

Guest alex

131167[/snapback]

A fluke when he does, but a bad decision when he doesn't :blink:

131175[/snapback]

No, it's a fluke if you make an appointment with no forward planning that turns out to be a success. Nice try though. I suppose you think the timing of and the appointment of Roeder was a masterstroke.

Guest alex

131155[/snapback]

131177[/snapback]

Well that particular post was to highlight that you post the same stuff word for word on both forums on any discussion about Shepherd regardless of the relevence.

Leazes, I don't read N-O any more, so have no idea if it's been said over there, but it sounds to me like you're saying "We've tried proven managers before and it hasn't worked, so let's give the job to just about anyone". Roeder's managerial CV is very sketchy at best, I have little confidence we can progress with him at the helm. I like the bloke and he will get my support, but that's as far as it goes.

Why can't we follow the example of our competitors, at least the clubs we should be competing with, and get a decent proven manager in, whether he's foreign or not? Why can't we follow the example of Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, and especially Liverpool? You know, that scouse club down the road who we were better than just 3 years ago?

The fact is this club is going nowhere fast under Shepherd, and without the benefit of hindsight, I will say we will not break into the top 5 with Roeder, let alone the top 4.

131165[/snapback]

No. Its not. It's simply saying he's looking further than a CV. Hence the sentence afterwards.

I don't know if we can progress or not. But I can't be arsed with some of the replies from people who supported the last manager "clearing out the bad eggs" for peanuts, making big money buys such as Luque and Boumsong, and now bemoan the fact that the club may not be making the "big name" appointment they crave that didn't succeed previously ie Dalglish particularly, especially when its possibly because of a lack of cash that "big name" managers tend to demand to take the top jobs. If they can't see by now how moronic these u-turns are I'm not going to tell them ...

Splash the cash Fred ! :blink:

131155[/snapback]

131177[/snapback]

Well that particular post was to highlight that you post the same stuff word for word on both forums on any discussion about Shepherd regardless of the relevence.

131180[/snapback]

and you don't ? :huh:

Guest alex

I never supported Souness and I was gutted Bellamy went. I'll tell you someone who did back him in his quest to rid the club of the so-called trouble makers though. Freddie Shepherd.

Guest alex

131155[/snapback]

131177[/snapback]

131180[/snapback]

and you don't ? :huh:

131183[/snapback]

Correct.