Decision today?

Craig

To be honest, it's not hindsight. When Souness took over, did he take the club forwards or backwards in that first season?

Did he improve club discipline?

Did he improve the style of football?

Did he get the most out of his players?

Did he look like he was remotely capable of being successful or did he look out of his depth?

I know what my answer would be to those questions. In response to this, Shepherd gave him an absolute fortune to spend (on top of the Boumsong money) when, to most fans the signs weren't promising.

131215[/snapback]

yes, but plenty of people ...err Craig for one .... :blink: ... insisted Shepherd was right to continue backing him ....

Whereas some of us, ie me, Renton, HTL, just said Shepherd was making a mistake

131264[/snapback]

Aye, course I did.....

I said at one point that we needed to give Souness time. I didn't once suggest that Shepherd was right to let him keep fluttering away the money on crap!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the way Leazes just cuts and pastes bits from stuff he's just posted on N-O regardless of their relevance :blink:

131155[/snapback]

but your purpose to the discussion is ?

131177[/snapback]

Well that particular post was to highlight that you post the same stuff word for word on both forums on any discussion about Shepherd regardless of the relevence.

131180[/snapback]

and you don't ? :huh:

131183[/snapback]

Correct.

131185[/snapback]

I admire your optimism

:wub:

131195[/snapback]

He's right though Leazes, when was the last time you saw Alex cutting and pasting what he'd posted on a forum onto another?

131196[/snapback]

same points....saved the typing. I did cut part of it though...anyway, who's NE5 I thought it was a cracking post, well worth pinching ;)

131202[/snapback]

Can't answer his question then Leazes? Thought not.

131204[/snapback]

fuck off.

Hows that for a nice one liner <_<

Paying the price for the gargantuan fuck-up that was the appointment of Souness.

131200[/snapback]

True.

131203[/snapback]

By Shepherd. Is it getting through yet? Backing the manager is no good if it's the wrong manager. In fact, the one time Shepherd should have been 'keeping his powder dry' he backed the manager with unprecedented funds. That coupled with Souness's pay-off may well have fucked our chances of getting anyone decent and probably means we'll have to sell before we can buy, despite the threadbare squad.

131209[/snapback]

The "Hindsight" stick or the "McKeag/Westwood" stick? Which one do you want to be punished with?

131211[/snapback]

:blink:

131272[/snapback]

the sign of a beaten man

Guest CrimsonFault
I love the way Leazes just cuts and pastes bits from stuff he's just posted on N-O regardless of their relevance :blink:

131155[/snapback]

131177[/snapback]

Well that particular post was to highlight that you post the same stuff word for word on both forums on any discussion about Shepherd regardless of the relevence.

131180[/snapback]

131183[/snapback]

Correct.

131185[/snapback]

I admire your optimism

:nufc:

131195[/snapback]

He's right though Leazes, when was the last time you saw Alex cutting and pasting what he'd posted on a forum onto another?

131196[/snapback]

same points....saved the typing. I did cut part of it though...anyway, who's NE5 I thought it was a cracking post, well worth pinching <_<

131202[/snapback]

131204[/snapback]

fuck off.

Hows that for a nice one liner :wub:

131355[/snapback]

I counted two lines. ;)

Guest alex

131155[/snapback]

131177[/snapback]

131180[/snapback]

131183[/snapback]

Correct.

131185[/snapback]

I admire your optimism

:wub:

131195[/snapback]

131196[/snapback]

same points....saved the typing. I did cut part of it though...anyway, who's NE5 I thought it was a cracking post, well worth pinching ;)

131202[/snapback]

131204[/snapback]

fuck off.

Hows that for a nice one liner <_<

131355[/snapback]

The sign of a beaten man