Cheap & Realistic purchases

ChocChip

They said on TalkSport last night during the Chelsea match that it could be the last game for some of their players..

I'd certainly try them for Gudjohnsen and Bridge and if I wasn't convinced that Robben was on his way to Spurs, I'd look at him too.

130851[/snapback]

For me Gudjohnsen is among the best players in the league. His ability to attack from just about anywhere is awesome. If Mourinho insists on not playing him up front and then brings in the likes of Ballack, then perhaps he is on his way. I'd be in like a shot.

130853[/snapback]

Someone was saying Man United are sniffing around him. There'll be better teams than us in for him, I'm sure, but I agree, the bloke is class.

130856[/snapback]

Yeah, me tbh. Man U have been after him for ages and they would be at the front of the queue should he become available.

130860[/snapback]

I very much doubt, Chelsea will not sell to Man U, they'd rather take a couple of million less and sell him to someone who is not a rival or in the same league.

130930[/snapback]

:blink:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sima
I'm sure Gudjohnsen would jump at the chance to come here as well

:blink::huh:;)<_<:wub::nufc:

130973[/snapback]

Same could have been said about Owen, no?

130977[/snapback]

No one else wanted Owen for the price we were paying, that's the difference.

I'm sure Gudjohnsen would jump at the chance to come here as well

:blink::huh:;)<_<:wub::nufc:

130973[/snapback]

Same could have been said about Owen, no?

130977[/snapback]

No one else wanted Owen for the price we were paying, that's the difference.

130996[/snapback]

Entirely possible the same thing could happen though?

Guest Sima

So first you're saying Chelsea would sell him to us for a lower fee. Now you're saying that we could price everyone else out of the market. Which one is it?

So first you're saying Chelsea would sell him to us for a lower fee.  Now you're saying that we could price everyone else out of the market.  Which one is it?

131006[/snapback]

I didn't actually say either.

I agreed that Chelsea would not sell to Man United, and it's possible we could price everyone else out of the market.

Comprendez?

Guest Sima

I very much doubt, Chelsea will not sell to Man U, they'd rather take a couple of million less and sell him to someone who is not a rival or in the same league.

130930[/snapback]

130951[/snapback]

130930[/snapback]

130951[/snapback]

131024[/snapback]

And?

They WON'T sell to Man United, so put them out of the equation.

Out of all the teams left, we can out-price them.

Hard to understand?

I've been telling my Chelsea supporting bird every transfer window for a few seasons now, that Gudjohnsen would be ours, with IQ27esque confidence.

He WILL be ours.

Cant see us having a big clearout, we're already thin on the ground in terms of squad size. We've got loads of money - we need to build.

Upson is injured until Xmas, Gudjonnsen would cost a fair bit i would imagine. You can look at the Chelsea team and pick out a few quality players who will be looking to leave this summer due to lack of opportunities. We need to bring in some quality centre backs to fill the spot and a very very good striker - Owen just doesnt seem consistently fit enough imo

Why are we only looking at Chelsea's rejects, isn't the title cheap and realistic purchases?

Let's do it alphabetically:

Arsenal: nee chance of anyone

Aston Villa: Gareth Barry must be sick to death of villa so he could be a useful signing. If they really want Milner so much and he wants to stay a straight swap with Hughes included would be worth it.

Birmingham: As mentioned else where Pennant, Upson, Forssell are all good options if they can gwet over their various aliments and attitudes.

Stan Lazaridis (forget he is Australian) isn't a bad left side cover player but it would have to be a knock down price and 12 month contract due to his age. And we should give them 50 quid to keep that useless ginga.

Blackburn: Pederson - fuck why didn't we buy him in the first place again? But I doubt he would be cheap. The there is the B word!

Bolton: Nolan, Davies, Gardner and Nakata are all good players in their prime that would cost the earth, especially if big Sam gets the England job and we get the intertoto spot.

Charlton: That "allegedly" gay midfielder they have isn't bad, fuck 1M we sld him for didn't we? Thomas is good and young so he would be a good buy, Rommehdal hasn't increased his value while being at the addicks and Darren bent would be good back up for Owen (so he'd be first choice most of the season).

Ok if we must from Chelsea: We would all like Gudjohnsen but he wouldn't be cheap and can we really see the special one wanting to sell him. But Gallas has be linked with a move away as his contract is up at the end of the season. Johnson, Bridge, Cudicini and Geremi could all do a good job for us and wouldn't cost the earth. And what about Tiago isn't he still their player? And Smertin? As for Cole, great that would at least give Bumble someone to go out and cause trouble with!

Everton: Osman and that's at a stretch.

Fulham: If Coleman goes they will be ripe for picking. Malbranque, Boa Morte, Bouba Diop and John are all possibles. Yes we have all heard how Malbranque didn't want to head north but now Clueless is gone there would have to be a better chance and if in fact Emre does want away. The only one out of that lot that we may have to pay over the odds for is Boa Morte but remember allegedly he has a clause (probably Santa but who knows).

Liverpool: Cisse? Fuck off.

Man City: Tough one because all their decent players are around 30 but Musampa has his moments. If we could I'd like to see us try for Bradley Wright-Phillips.

Anyone care to continue?

Out of you list, I think Geremi is rubbish, I'm not sure we should be looking at Lazaridis as cover. We should be looking at Babayaro as cover and picking up someone like Wayne Bridge, or maybe the Wigan left back(Chimbonda too!).

Tiago and Smertin have moved on from Chelsea. Tiago is at Lyon as part of the Essien deal(IIRC) and Smertin was sent on loan to charlton, didn't impress, and was sent of to a Russian club.

I don't think selling Ambrose was the greatest idea in the world, but despite starting most games and scoring a couple of nice goals, he hasn't really lit up the Prem this season. Jerome Thomas seems talented, but blows hot and cold. Darren Bent would be a good buy, provided his price wasn't blown out of proportion as he may turn out to be a one season wonder(Marcus Stewart, and to an extent, James Beattie)

From Man City, if Barton was on the cheap, he'd be a good buy. Jarosik would be a good squad player too(Birmingham) as he can play in a lot of positions. Also, Pennant if he can get his act together. Upson would be a good buy on the cheap pfrom a relegated team also.

Zolton Gera from West Brom looked a good player last season, was he injured for a lot of this term?

As much as it pains me to say it, I think Phil Neville would be a great buy. Ditto Gareth Barry. Both can fill in in a lot of positions.

I assume Davis from Villa would be an impossibilty? Looks a great midfielder.

I don't think Blackburn/Tottenham/Bolton would sell to us, I'd love Defoe here if he was to leave though.

Reo Coker, Ferdinand and Mullins(I think) at West Ham, along with a load of their young players.

Rudi Skacel for about £1m from Hearts.

131483[/snapback]

He was only on loan to them this season and has just signed a two year deal. I doubt they'd sell. Or he'd really want to leave. Not with the possibility of Champions' League football...

Rudi Skacel for about £1m from Hearts.

131483[/snapback]

He was only on loan to them this season and has just signed a two year deal. I doubt they'd sell. Or he'd really want to leave. Not with the possibility of Champions' League football...

131494[/snapback]

To be fair there is uncertainty surrounding his move to Hearts with Romanov claiming they have signed him for a further two years and his representatives denying this.

He is also meant to be looking for a move south of the border.

Saying that I would not want the filthy, lying bastard at St James Park.