Coaching set up...

Scottish Mag

Like most on here whilst having reservations about giving the job to Roeder if and when it happens I will give him my full support. But another concern of mine is that of the coaching set up. Much like the talk of people being happy for Roeder to be involved if he had some experience alongside him with the likes of Houllier, it appears by the sound of things that we will be lacking in experience within the backroom staff if Shearer and Clark are given the roles that are being speculated.

Most other teams have a great deal of experience within their set ups with the likes of Steve Clarke at Chelsea, Alex Miller at Liverpool and even Joe Jordan at bloody Portsmouth offering years of experience at a decent level.

So if rumours are to belived our set up will have no experience at all between Shearer and Clark and the "social convenor" as he was called at Celtic Park in Terry McDermott. Sorry but this does not fill me with any confidence whatsoever.

Someone with Football Manager experience would improve that set-up.

I'm trying to be upbeat about this, and it's not nearly as bad as I felt about Souness, but if this really is the plan then I've lost all confidence in Shperherd's ability as Chairman.