summer transfer targets

tinofbeans

who should we be going for in the summer.

i reckon gudjonssen, javier maschereno and d'allessandro.

reason for gudjonssen is he can do the lot and if he stays off the pies he's a class act

maschereno is the best holding midfielder in brazilian football and is playing a starring role in an excellent team

d'allessandro is a class act.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CrimsonFault

reason for gudjonssen is he can do the lot and if he stays off the pies he's a class act

maschereno is the best holding midfielder in brazilian football and is playing a starring role in an excellent team

132407[/snapback]

So we should opt for 3 holding midfielders next season in Parker, Maschereno and Clark?

132407[/snapback]

So we should opt for 3 holding midfielders next season in Parker, Maschereno and Clark?

132412[/snapback]

clarks a little too old now ( mind he has played well when called upon) he does need replacing...

just my 0.02$

any other reccomendations.

Guest CrimsonFault

132407[/snapback]

132412[/snapback]

clarks a little too old now ( mind he has played well when called upon) he does need replacing...

just my 0.02$

any other reccomendations.

132415[/snapback]

John Terry.

132407[/snapback]

132412[/snapback]

Allow Parker to go box to box :D

Guest CrimsonFault

132407[/snapback]

132412[/snapback]

132418[/snapback]

About time. He did it for Charlton and sometimes right wing for Chelsea, why he became a holding midfielder for us I'll never know.

132407[/snapback]

132412[/snapback]

132418[/snapback]

About time. He did it for Charlton and sometimes right wing for Chelsea, why he became a holding midfielder for us I'll never know.

132420[/snapback]

one word - Souness

Darren Bent, Pennant, Defoe, Barry, Upson, Bridge - realistic

132407[/snapback]

132412[/snapback]

Allow Parker to go box to box :nufc:

132418[/snapback]

132420[/snapback]

one word - Souness

Darren Bent, Pennant, Defoe, Barry, Upson, Bridge - realistic

132421[/snapback]

Wouldn't be a bad coup if we could get them actually.

Am I right in thinking Upson and Bridge's contracts a nearly expired? :D

Not sure but Pennat and Upson we should definitely be able to get due to the relegation, Bent is managerless, Defoe not getting his game and Bridge on loan, not exactly ideal situations for all of them.

I'd be happy with Owen, Defoe, Bent and Ameobi (just because he's not worth selling), two little, two large, horses for courses n all that

Only trouble is Bent being an England international. Usually means the fee will be significantly bumped up... :D

Cameron Jerome is highly-rated and available for 2 million I believe. I've only seen him play once but he's very pacey and scored a cracker against Reading.

I know we have a habit of paying big money for crocks but Upson will be out of action for at least six months with an Achilles tendon injury and has recently signed a new two year extension to his contract.

I think its safe to say he will not be a target....

What about Ricardo Vaz Te from Bolton???

From what I’ve see this season, he looks to be a cracking player… pacy, good skill on the ball, bags of potential. A Portuguese Lua-Lua :D

Would be perfect as a 3rd-choise striker IMO.

done nowt at bolton though. we already got enough strikers who dont score enough goals.

id be more than happy with any 2 or 3 from bridge, upson, gudjonsson, defoe or bent. Barry im dubious about, especially with the from zoggys been in. and pennant is the sort of player weve spent the last 2 years getting rid of. hes had more than his fair share of second chances, does he really deserve us giving him £30k a week!

done nowt at bolton though. we already got enough strikers who dont score enough goals.

id be more than happy with any 2 or 3 from bridge, upson, gudjonsson, defoe or bent. Barry im dubious about, especially with the from zoggys been in. and pennant is the sort of player weve spent the last 2 years getting rid of. hes had more than his fair share of second chances, does he really deserve us giving him £30k a week!

132486[/snapback]

I'd play Barry left back but he's also an option on the left wing

132486[/snapback]

I'd play Barry left back but he's also an option on the left wing

132499[/snapback]

Yeah spot on...

Very versitile, can also play center midfield if needed.

Gudjonson and Collins John plus a few experienced defenders who are proven in the premier league.

But in reality we wont be spending much i dont think.

Gudjonson and Collins John plus a few experienced defenders who are proven in the premier league.

But in reality we wont be spending much i dont think.

132510[/snapback]

That's my feeling too.