summer transfer targets

tinofbeans

Gudjonson and Collins John plus a few experienced defenders who are proven in the premier league.

But in reality we wont be spending much i dont think.

132510[/snapback]

That's my feeling too.

132512[/snapback]

Yeah i can't see excessive spending, though i'm sure we'll find some money, we have to.

But it will be good if we can get something close to decent money for a few players who we suspect are on their way out!

But whatever we have to spend, we really have to buy 2 strikers, a LB and i think most people want a CB, and we would also have to replace people leaving and our squad is already on the small side.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gudjonson and Collins John plus a few experienced defenders who are proven in the premier league.

132510[/snapback]

That's my feeling too.

132512[/snapback]

Yeah i can't see excessive spending, though i'm sure we'll find some money, we have to.

But it will be good if we can get something close to decent money for a few players who we suspect are on their way out!

But whatever we have to spend, we really have to buy 2 strikers, a LB and i think most people want a CB, and we would also have to replace people leaving and our squad is already on the small side.

132523[/snapback]

Solution: Sell Owen (14) and Luque (6) = £ 20m

What about Ricardo Vaz Te from Bolton???

From what I’ve see this season, he looks to be a cracking player… pacy, good skill on the ball, bags of potential. A Portuguese Lua-Lua  :D

Would be perfect as a 3rd-choise striker IMO.

132484[/snapback]

Just wondering how many goals he's actually scored this season? Think he's scored twice in the league - took him ages to get off the mark.

Personally, I think Ronaldinho would be a decent signing. Eto'o a reliable replacement for Shearer too.

After the financial results, I'd guess we have to lower our sights from the Prem/La Liga standard.

How about Andy Johnson or David Nugent if Palace and Preston respectively don't make it through the play-offs?

132605[/snapback]

Considering Palce got thumped 3-0, Johnson might be an option.

Had a good debut season in the prem but hasn't exactly set the championship alight. My worry is his fee will be greatly exaggerated.

Damn it what happened to the van nistelrooy's , the torres's, the ronaldo's :D:nufc::D:icon_lol:

Realistically though, I would be happy with Bent/Defoe/Mido

Martins is a great player who has been linked away form inter this season, but I suppose he would be too expensive and other clubs will be chasing him

What about Ricardo Vaz Te from Bolton???

From what I’ve see this season, he looks to be a cracking player… pacy, good skill on the ball, bags of potential. A Portuguese Lua-Lua  :D

Would be perfect as a 3rd-choise striker IMO.

132484[/snapback]

Just wondering how many goals he's actually scored this season? Think he's scored twice in the league - took him ages to get off the mark.

Personally, I think Ronaldinho would be a decent signing. Eto'o a reliable replacement for Shearer too.

132608[/snapback]

His stats in all competitions this season are: 6 goals in 43 games (coming on as a sub in 31 of them).

I think that's acceptable considering:

1) He's only 19 years old

2) This is his first season in England; he made his first full debut in april

3) Big Sam has used him as a midfielder in many games

4) He's got 31 sub-appearances this season

I think he would give us:

1) Good cover in both attack and midfield

2) An extra dimension in attack - I would consider him as our 3rd or 4th choice striker, and bringing him on as a sub in the last 30 minutes of games, his pace and skills would trouble most defenders

3) A excellent future prospect – I’m sure Roeder would love to develop his game

4) Good value for money - I reckon he's in the £ 2m-category right now (could be £ 8m in a year or two)

I agree Sammy Eto'o would be a decent replacement for Big Al :nufc:

After the financial results, I'd guess we have to lower our sights from the Prem/La Liga standard.

How about Andy Johnson or David Nugent if Palace and Preston respectively don't make it through the play-offs?

132605[/snapback]

Had a good debut season in the prem but hasn't exactly set the championship alight. My worry is his fee will be greatly exaggerated.

132617[/snapback]

You've probably seen more Championship games than any of us this season Brock. Who's stood out for you?

132605[/snapback]

132617[/snapback]

You've probably seen more Championship games than any of us this season Brock. Who's stood out for you?

132649[/snapback]

Kevin Doyle and Dave Kitsons obviously, but they won't be going anywhere, nor do they want to I believe.

Cameron Jerome - Cardiff

David Nugent - Preston

Ashley Young - Watford

Matthias Ostlund - Southampton (played against NUFC in the cup)

Lee Camp (GK) - Derby

Off the top of my head. All would be good signings (I rate Camp more highly than Rob Green and Scot Carson) for NUFC and not too expensive.

132605[/snapback]

132617[/snapback]

132649[/snapback]

Kevin Doyle and Dave Kitsons obviously, but they won't be going anywhere, nor do they want to I believe.

Cameron Jerome - Cardiff

David Nugent - Preston

Ashley Young - Watford

Lee Camp (GK) - Derby

Off the top of my head. All would be good signings (I rate Camp more highly than Rob Green and Scot Carson) for NUFC and not too expensive.

132661[/snapback]

I think Jerome would be a very good signing for us.

What about Joleon Lescott or Phil Jagielka? They've both had great seasons, but i'm not sure they're ready for PL-football yet...

Edited by janu

132605[/snapback]

132617[/snapback]

132649[/snapback]

Cameron Jerome - Cardiff

David Nugent - Preston

Ashley Young - Watford

Lee Camp (GK) - Derby

132661[/snapback]

I think Jerome would be a very good signing for us.

What about Joleon Lescott or Phil Jagielka? They've both had great seasons, but i'm not sure they're ready for PL-football yet...

132669[/snapback]

Ah Jagielka. Knew I'd forgotten someone. He seemed like a very capable player, alot of potential but I can't see Sheffield selling him, especially if they stay up (I doubt they will though, their football was awful towards the end of the season).

I've never seen why Lescott is so highly-rated myself. It could be that the team around him play badly because the manager is shit but has never stood out.

The last time I was amazed at a defender was Efe Sodje. I could not believe he was only playing for Huddersfield! I think he's retired now though. :D Might be a relation to Sam Sodje but haven't seen him in action.

Sodje is at Southend now isn't he? Sam (his brother) is/was at Brentford at they have another brother who is/was at Darlo.

When Effe was at Huddersfield and one of his brothers was playing for the away side the fans sung "He ain't Effe, He's his brother" :D

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Sodje is at Southend now isn't he? Sam (his brother) is/was at Brentford at they have another brother who is/was at Darlo.

When Effe was at Huddersfield and one of his brothers was playing for the away side the fans sung "He ain't Effe, He's his brother" :nufc:

132684[/snapback]

:D Class! Ah I was worried after Efe was stretchered-off the season before last with a neck injury. The playoffs where Huddersfield won promotion I think.

I'm surprised not more players in the lower leagues are snapped up by the prem clubs actually, there are some real gems!

Take Sonko for instance, didn't get signed by Portsmouth and went to Brentford, now he has a legitimate chance at being included in the French national team! :D

And players like Lita and Jerome are emerging. Incredible.

132510[/snapback]

Gudjonson would be a canny buy if we could get him, Chelsea's best player imo. Can't see how he doesn't get a game more often.

And I know we have other areas to strengthen, but Christian Whilmesson (sp?) would be a good player to buy due to his versatility.

Wouldn't mind Nugent from Preston either!

If PNE don't go up then I reckon he's worth a look at...

132692[/snapback]

He seems to be inthe same mold of striker as Dave Kitson.

Had a bit of injury trouble this season which is why he hasn't quite been as prolific but Preston are definitely more dangerous with him in the team. Quite a physical player so is intense.

Did absolutely nothing against Reading at the mad stad though. :D

Wouldn't mind Nugent from Preston either!

If PNE don't go up then I reckon he's worth a look at...

132692[/snapback]

He seems to be inthe same mold of striker as Dave Kitson.

Had a bit of injury trouble this season which is why he hasn't quite been as prolific but Preston are definitely more dangerous with him in the team. Quite a physical player so is intense.

Did absolutely nothing against Reading at the mad stad though. :quotes:

132778[/snapback]

Scunny nearly signed him when he went to Preston. Still can't work out why he chose them :quotes:

I wouldnt mind giving Andy Johnson a go, was thinking that yesterday. and i'd all but forgotten Gudjonson existed, he'd do the job, though doubt he'd come to us :quotes: I also liked the curly haired player from Wigan (name escapes me) Has he left there now? was it Fulham he went to?

I wouldnt mind giving Andy Johnson a go, was thinking that yesterday. and i'd all but forgotten Gudjonson existed, he'd do the job, though doubt he'd come to us  :quotes: I also liked the curly haired player from Wigan (name escapes me) Has he left there now? was it Fulham he went to?

132789[/snapback]

Jimmy Bullard ???

I wouldnt mind giving Andy Johnson a go, was thinking that yesterday. and i'd all but forgotten Gudjonson existed, he'd do the job, though doubt he'd come to us  :quotes: I also liked the curly haired player from Wigan (name escapes me) Has he left there now? was it Fulham he went to?

132789[/snapback]

Jimmy Bullard ???

132791[/snapback]

yep thats him ;) soon as i went to fetch my pot noodle i remembered :quotes:

132789[/snapback]

Jimmy Bullard ???

132791[/snapback]

yep thats him ;) soon as i went to fetch my pot noodle i remembered :quotes:

132793[/snapback]

For some strange reason, he signed for Fulham.

I'd sign Andy Johnson without a doubt, but he'll be over-priced. The fact that Palace aren't going to win promotion might help though.

If Eidur G would consider Blackburn, he'd consider us. I think he'll stay at Chelsea another year though, and they'll sell Crespo.

Pot Noodle? You've went right down in my estimations, they're for peasants. The tramps who live upstairs from me eat them by the pallet load. :quotes:

132795[/snapback]

aw wacky sweetie, please dont think bad of me :quotes: I just had the urge for a chicken and mushroom one the other day, so bought a couple. Im sure the peasant phase will pass soon enough ;)