British troops killed in missile attack

LeazesMag

Nice to see a group of iraqis celebrating this event.  :D

Fickle idiots. Shouldn't have bothered wasting our time and the amount of lives that have been needlessly lost is ridiculous.

132614[/snapback]

I know you shouldn't celebrate in death and the way in which they behaved at the misfortune of the soldiers was adding insult to injury to say the least. But you can understand their frustrations. I guess they just want their country back, and, let's face it, our boys haven't been the best behaved in Iraq, have they? I'm talking about all the beatings they've dished out to innocent civilians, etc. I even heard about one case where British soldiers forced a poor young Iraqi lad into a river at gunpoint and forced him to swim, knowing fine well that he couldn't swim to save his life. Then there was the desecration of the Qu'ran.....

If you ask me, we've got Saddam out of power, now let's let the Iraqi forces do their jobs. Our work is done.

Nice to see a group of iraqis celebrating this event.  :razz:

Fickle idiots. Shouldn't have bothered wasting our time and the amount of lives that have been needlessly lost is ridiculous.

132614[/snapback]

I know you shouldn't celebrate in death and the way in which they behaved at the misfortune of the soldiers was adding insult to injury to say the least. But you can understand their frustrations. I guess they just want their country back, and, let's face it, our boys haven't been the best behaved in Iraq, have they? I'm talking about all the beatings they've dished out to innocent civilians, etc. I even heard about one case where British soldiers forced a poor young Iraqi lad into a river at gunpoint and forced him to swim, knowing fine well that he couldn't swim to save his life. Then there was the desecration of the Qu'ran.....

If you ask me, we've got Saddam out of power, now let's let the Iraqi forces do their jobs. Our work is done.

132650[/snapback]

Agreed. Leave the ungrateful bastards to it

Guest Sima

Kick them out of the country.....oh wait.....

EDIT - I'm presuming LM thinks this is ok seen as it is the current residents standing up and killing the immigrants?

Edited by Sima

we fucked up ages ago and will pay for it beyond a time I can imagine.

best thing for us to do is to sever all ties with the area. No aid, no trade, not a cursory glance.

they don't want interference, well, that's fine, but they may not enjoy the benefits of friends in the west either.

they don't want heathen pluralism, fine, but then they may not enjoy the benefits of a free market either.

sever the ties, eat into our strategic oil reserves for a few years, but essentially... fuck em.

sick of being made to feel guilty for the sins of our grandfathers fathers. Their political system is stil inerxorably linked to stagnant religious doctrine and as such has NO place in the global community. So .... Fuck em.

I awiat the wailing gnashing indignation of the sandalistas with joyful abandon.

"No aid, no trade"

So you have a bicycle and a coal fire I take it? We need them more than they need us on the trade front laddie

Guest alex

I can understand them being 'ungrateful' given the appauling large amount of civilian casualties since the war started and the fact the country is far less safe than it ever was before. Hopefully once Blair goes Brown will see sense and get us out. I doubt it though.

EDIT - I'm presuming LM thinks this is ok seen as it is the current residents standing up and killing the immigrants?

134190[/snapback]

Tell you what Sima...lets see the immigrants/terrorists in this country wearing uniforms so we can see who exactly they are .....

Or see our troops planting bombs in iraqi shopping centres ....

Guest Sima

134190[/snapback]

Tell you what Sima...lets see the immigrants/terrorists in this country wearing uniforms so we can see who exactly they are .....

135078[/snapback]

Are you happy with the situation in Iraq? Are you happy that the western world has forced their culture on them?

134190[/snapback]

135078[/snapback]

Are you happy with the situation in Iraq? Are you happy that the western world has forced their culture on them?

135086[/snapback]

have they ?

Do you think we should have left Saddam in power then ? I don't.

And now they don't want us here and think they are better off without us helping them, then go. Thats what I said didn't I ?

Do you think if you want to make a comparison, you should wait until the middle eastern or muslim terrorists in our country wear uniforms so they are indentifiable, and our troops should walk arount Iraq in civvy clothes and plant bombs in shopping centres and high streets ?

Noticed you still haven't answered my question to start with, you've just asked others in return.

135111[/snapback]

I have. I told you I think we should get the fuck out and leave them to it. I only hope they and a lot of other cunts that come here that don't like what they find, return the compliment.

You divvent need to be shy mate...you can continue, or answer mine, on howaythetoon if you like !

Ta

Edited by LeazesMag

LM, do you want to start begging people to join your forum?

135114[/snapback]

no, but I think some of you lot should broaden your horizons ;)

EDIT.

Actually Gol....as some of you for some reason do nowt but knock NO - yet still use it [and vice versa] you obviously have time for 2 forums. And Sima might be shy to post something that amounts to a change of mind ... :icon_lol: ... I wouldn't mind a reply, either board will do !

Edited by LeazesMag

LM, do you want to start begging people to join your forum?

135114[/snapback]

no, but I think some of you lot should broaden your horizons ;)

135118[/snapback]

I'm banned

135120[/snapback]

by Simon ?

Guest alex

Difficult to say really, he didn't pose a thread to us and no one has found a credible link between 9/11 and him and no one has found any weapons of mass destruction. Given that, should we go to war with any regime that kills it's own people and doesn't allow democracy or decent human rights, i.e. in China, Zimbabwe, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, Sierra Leone, etc., etc. Or should we just tackle the ones with no army left and huge oil reserves like Iraq?

And now they don't want us here and think they are better off without us helping them, then go. Thats what I said didn't I ?

For someone who is fond of callling others who disagree with him naive that's an incredibly simplistic view. Also, apart from leaving behind a horrible mess for the Iraqis, from a selfish, western viewpoint the power vacuum we would leave behind would create a country in which terror camps, Al-Qaeda, Muslim extremism etc. would thrive. That would make our own lives more dangerous and the risk of terrorism far greater. You were one of the people who wanted to wade into this war while people like me opposed it and now things have gotten tough you just want to walk out. Unfortunately, much as I would like to see this war over, it just doesn't work like that.

Difficult to say really, he didn't pose a thread to us and no one has found a credible link between 9/11 and him and no one has found any weapons of mass destruction. Given that, should we go to war with any regime that kills it's own people and doesn't allow democracy or decent human rights, i.e. in China, Zimbabwe, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, Sierra Leone, etc., etc. Or should we just tackle the ones with no army left and huge oil reserves like Iraq?

For someone who is fond of callling others who disagree with him naive that's an incredibly simplistic view. Also, apart from leaving behind a horrible mess for the Iraqis, from a selfish, western viewpoint the power vacuum we would leave behind would create a country in which terror camps, Al-Qaeda, Muslim extremism etc. would thrive. That would make our own lives more dangerous and the risk of terrorism far greater. You were one of the people who wanted to wade into this war while people like me opposed it and now things have gotten tough you just want to walk out. Unfortunately, much as I would like to see this war over, it just doesn't work like that.

135254[/snapback]

Good post. One thing Saddam did not tolerate was terrorists. Now he's gone ironically we are at much greater risk from them.

135254[/snapback]

Good post. One thing Saddam did not tolerate was terrorists. Now he's gone ironically we are at much greater risk from them.

135265[/snapback]

Totally agree

I think the one thing this debacle is proving is that only a tyranical psycho could keep a lid on Iraq

Guest alex

I think it probably needs to be divided into separate countries along religious/ethnic grounds. Sad but true.

I think it probably needs to be divided into separate countries along religious/ethnic grounds. Sad but true.

135277[/snapback]

But on the positive side, if you do that then they'll all be able to vote for each other at Eurovision for years to come.

135254[/snapback]

Didn't pose a threat to us = selfish. Maybe it was primarily left to the Americans, but cast your mind back to the earlier war, and the terms of surrender. Saddam had flouted those terms for a decade, and continued to oppress his people. Now, how long do you think we can allow rulers to continue to flout ceasefire agreements they sign up to ? The 2nd war was a certainty for so long as he did this, it was simply inevitable. How long would we give him before he DID become a threat to the west ? Or definitely Israel. Do you really think we should allow these countries to continue to expand and build themselves until they ARE a threat, because give them the ammunition and they certainly would be.

This situation applies to Iran now too.

It's not a case of "wanting to wade into the war and now get out". The simple fact is he should have been deposed in the first place and the 2nd one happened because he wasn't, and if you think invading Kuwait isn't a reason for larger military action to be taken then what do you think is ? You [not you] would wait for a nuke to be dropped first wouldn't you .... ? Are you prepared to wait until Iran nukes Israel before you think some reaction is justified ? Sadly, I think the answer from some would be yes, or they won't admit it or accept this is the outcome allowing these countries to arm themselves will lead to. They do not play by boy scout rules like we do, their initial aim is simple, to rid the world of Israel. Then what ?

To rid the world of all these terror groups, much firmer action is needed against them. The element of the population who squeal about their "rights" are only hindering it. And unfortunately, civilian casulties are unavoidable as in any "war", and a "war" it is, only it is one where we cannot see our enemy, also meaning innocent civilian casulties is in the fault of those who don't identify themselves, not us, as all we can do is defend ourselves so much as possible.

We have got rid of Saddam for them. If they don't want us to help any further, then leave. If they see the answer as a split country, like Northern Ireland has been, then its again something that has to be resolved and hopefully not by civil war.

Edited by LeazesMag