If a ton of feathers landed on your head...

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would depend how high it was dropped from i imagine.

If it was from a massive height the featherswould start to float down seperately and spread out and you'd be hit by a much lighter weight than the full ton.

From just above you it may be heavy enough to kill you and if not you'd suffocate from being burried in a ton of feathers!!!

Q. What if it was tied up in a parcel to stop the feathers separating ? (A parcel with a very small face at the bottom, so there would be lots of pressure.)

A. You'd die. (Presuming the parcel was dropped from a sufficient height.)

Just what I was going to say. If you put all these feathers into one massive box, and have it dropped on your head then I guess you would die yes. And regardless of the height, as I presume even a few inches above your head the box would still squish you.

what would happen if you strapped a slice of toast (butter side up) to the back of a cat and dropped it from a height greater than three foot?

what would happen if you strapped a slice of toast (butter side up) to the back of a cat and dropped it from a height greater than three foot?

132700[/snapback]

It would still land on it's feet :D

surely the butter would counter the cats self-righting-system?

this is physics woman! more science than we can handle. Lets sticfk to what we know, the effects of alcohol upon the central nervous system of the centrally nervous exiled Geordie...

mayhaps sleep would be a good thing.

you still in the antipodean arena?

surely the butter would counter the cats self-righting-system?

this is physics woman! more science than we can handle. Lets sticfk to what we know, the effects of alcohol upon the central nervous system of the centrally nervous exiled Geordie...

mayhaps sleep would be a good thing.

you still in the antipodean arena?

132704[/snapback]

I am. Therefore if a kitten was in the sink and in danger of going down the plug hole, it would go round the other way. That's physics, isn't it.

And aye, I'm here til Friday and then I have to return :D

bollocks to that, seek aslyum, stating religious oppression.... maybe claim you're a cockney and have suffered nowt but abuse from the lurcals.

the aussie life must be better than here... I doubt anyone would resent you deserting.

What would happen if an unmovable object was hit by an unstoppable force?

132696[/snapback]

The two would transfer properties (like those balls now commonly decorating people's desks) - the unstoppable force would stop and become unmovable and the unmovable object would move and become unstoppable.

if any amount of feathers landed on me i'd seriously freak,  then come out in a very unattractive rash  :quotes: Hate them, cant have feather pillows, urgh!!!!

132808[/snapback]

Used to have an argument all the time with my mate re feathers...she said she was allergic to feathers yet had a "duck down" quilt which I told her were indeed small feathers !!! :quotes:

if any amount of feathers landed on me i'd seriously freak,  then come out in a very unattractive rash  ;) Hate them, cant have feather pillows, urgh!!!!

132808[/snapback]

Used to have an argument all the time with my mate re feathers...she said she was allergic to feathers yet had a "duck down" quilt which I told her were indeed small feathers !!! :quotes:

132815[/snapback]

silly mare :quotes:

no, im afraid its man made fibres all the way for me ;)

What would happen if an unmovable object was hit by an unstoppable force?

132696[/snapback]

The two would transfer properties (like those balls now commonly decorating people's desks) - the unstoppable force would stop and become unmovable and the unmovable object would move and become unstoppable.

132800[/snapback]

Nope, it's one of those unanwserable philosophy questions :quotes:

A plane is attempting to take off on a conveyer belt/travelator arrangement. The conveyer belt is designed to exactly match the speed of the wheels , moving in the opposite direction. There is no wind.

Can the plane take off?

A plane is attempting to take off on a conveyer belt/travelator arrangement. The conveyer belt is designed to exactly match the speed of the wheels , moving in the opposite direction. There is no wind.

Can the plane take off?

133157[/snapback]

If the plane is a harrier jump jet it can.