Milner might make return

Scottish Mag

James Milner is set to turn his back on Aston Villa and return to Newcastle this summer if David O'Leary is sacked.

With Villa boss O'Leary's future uncertain, the prospect of Milner making his season-long loan spell at Villa Park permanent also hangs in the balance.

O'Leary insists Milner was given assurances by Villa that he could sign a four-year contract with them safe in the knowledge that he will be working with the current management team.

But the youngster is so concerned by speculation that O'Leary will be sacked that he is preparing himself for moving back to Tyneside.

"The only thing James has asked about is my future and how long I'm going to be here," said O'Leary, who has raised funds for a £3 million move.

"His agent has also asked me the same questions so I can only assume he wants to come to Villa if I'm the manager.

"It's not just me, he wants to work with Roy Aitken and Steve McGregor. Roy had him as a kid and his mum and dad have known us from Leeds.

"He's wondering what would happen if he signs something like a four-year contract, and I'm only around for another year. What I told James was that I have two years left on my contract here, and I expect to see out those two years."

If he is not reassured over O'Leary's fate, Milner - still only 20 - will return to Newcastle confident of a first-team future under probable manager Glenn Roeder.

If he doesn't want to come back, fuck him. I've watched Villa a few times this season and tbh he looked nowt special and only looked decent because the majority of players around him are shite.

A lot of people around here have short memorys as his crossing was atrocious when he was here and now he's shown a few glimpses at villa everyone's hanging out his arse and wanting him back

Fuck the three million get Barry instead and leave the bairn to get molly cuddled.

I won't be overly concerned if Milner doesn't come back - I completely agree with what Wacky says and I can't see him playing regularly for us next season anyway. Having said that, O'Leary is an absolute arsehole for continually trying to unsettle Milner via the press.

Guest Sima

Aye, he wasn't very good at all when he was here, some mongs on NO say he's the last person they would sell out of our whole squad.

I mean ffs....

Aye, he wasn't very good at all when he was here, some mongs on NO say he's the last person they would sell out of our whole squad.

I mean ffs....

132752[/snapback]

Thats what I'm getting at rima, people have forgot how shite he was for us the majority of time, it's like when Bramble's been out injured we need him back, blah, blah, when in reality his defending has been the laughing stock of the PL since we signed him, don't get me wrong he's had some blinders and looked the part but 75% of the time he's been a liability.