Skysportsnews Highbury Wankfest.

Lazarus

I don't really have a problem with it to be honest...

132976[/snapback]

Same here. Lost is on 4.

132978[/snapback]

Having just got back in from the match, I'd like to find out more about what's been going on on the final day of the season - not be bored senseless by the Highbury nonesense. Lost is shit too.

132991[/snapback]

Thats very naive of you, to think that anything is more important than having a collective orgasm over Arsenal and a group of celeb fans wanking over the team and ground! (what a hideous image that is!)

As you say theres a whole day of football to be discussing and debating not wasting time stuck up their backside.

132976[/snapback]

Same here. Lost is on 4.

132978[/snapback]

Having just got back in from the match, I'd like to find out more about what's been going on on the final day of the season - not be bored senseless by the Highbury nonesense. Lost is shit too.

132991[/snapback]

Thats very naive of you, to think that anything is more important than having a collective orgasm over Arsenal and a group of celeb fans wanking over the team and ground! (what a hideous image that is!)

As you say theres a whole day of football to be discussing and debating not wasting time stuck up their backside.

132995[/snapback]

Yeah, but it's not like there's been much to talk about today, has there? The league was won yonks ago, the relegated teams were decided last week, the only thing left was who qualified for what European competition. Arsenal's last game at Highbury is the biggest story of the day really.

132976[/snapback]

Same here. Lost is on 4.

132978[/snapback]

132991[/snapback]

132995[/snapback]

Yeah, but it's not like there's been much to talk about today, has there? The league was won yonks ago, the relegated teams were decided last week, the only thing left was who qualified for what European competition. Arsenal's last game at Highbury is the biggest story of the day really.

133003[/snapback]

Its big to one single set of fans and can you imagine it happening if the ground closing was say Wigan or Blackburn's ground???

132976[/snapback]

Same here. Lost is on 4.

132978[/snapback]

132991[/snapback]

132995[/snapback]

133003[/snapback]

Its big to one single set of fans and can you imagine it happening if the ground closing was say Wigan or Blackburn's ground???

133006[/snapback]

No, but then again Wigan and Blackburn aren't one of the biggest clubs in the country, in terms of sucess, history, fanbase etc. Less people would want to watch it.

We had a documentary about our manager (the Bobby Robson thing) a few years ago, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I don't recall fans of other clubs moaning that their manager wasn't worthy of a TV programme.

The last few days has been full of Arsenal fans, players and ex-players offering their favourite memories of Highbury.

Well, I'd like to offer mine.

May 3, 1997.

Man U had won the title, but for the first time, Second Place teams would also qualify for the Champions League (via a playoff). With a week to go, that was still a three horse race, Liverpool were in second, and we were in fourth when we visted 3rd place Arsenal. There was a really good buzz. The General Election had been just two days early and Labour had swept to a landslide victory. As an 18 year old I'd just voted for Labour in my first ever election. It seemed like every NUFC fan there had voted for Labour and were singing about Labour's victory (if onl we knew how it would turn out eh). Anyway, it was a warm, suuny afternoon (with the occassional shower here and there). When we went in the ground, it was restricted view because of the pillars, but not all the seats were used as Arsenal left some unsold so that people could move around, so it was a bit like musical chairs the whole game with people constantly on the move, although most of us stood. Anyway, we won 1-0 despite going down to 10 men, with Robbie Elliott scoring and doing his chicken dance. Earlier in the season, Arsenal had won 2-1 at SJP and had given it the 'we've only got 10 men' song, so we were dishing it out back to them.' I remember a bigger comotion at the snack bar at half time when a bloke asked for a pie only for the rather large woman behind the counter to announce that they'd run out. The bloke shouts "That's cause ye've ate them all you fat f*cker!" and everyone was laughing. The win meant we overtook Arsenal into 3rd place. Then the air conditioning on the train broke on the way back and it was boiling hot, so they were dishing out free cans of Fanta and everyone was singing "Johnny Major on the dole".

132976[/snapback]

Same here. Lost is on 4.

132978[/snapback]

132991[/snapback]

132995[/snapback]

133003[/snapback]

133006[/snapback]

No, but then again Wigan and Blackburn aren't one of the biggest clubs in the country, in terms of sucess, history, fanbase etc. Less people would want to watch it.

We had a documentary about our manager (the Bobby Robson thing) a few years ago, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I don't recall fans of other clubs moaning that their manager wasn't worthy of a TV programme.

133020[/snapback]

Different scenario altogether with Robson - he was also a former England manager and enjoyed success with other English clubs both as a player and manager.

133022[/snapback]

Beat me to it! And it was a one of programme not a rolling sports news channel dedicated to all teams and their fans (as well as countless other sports). I'd have no problem whatsoever with BBC doing a documentary on the Arse and their stadium.

And i don't see how less people would watch the Wigan/Blackburn equivalent. As it stand only arse fans could possibly sit thrugh a cringeworthy arsekissing wankfest to their team, no self respecting fan of any other club is going to give a shite. The same applies to Wigan/Blackburn, only for their fans and nobody else.

Plus most of the arse fans would still be at the fecking ground and won't be watching TV!!!

132976[/snapback]

Same here. Lost is on 4.

132978[/snapback]

132991[/snapback]

132995[/snapback]

133003[/snapback]

133006[/snapback]

133020[/snapback]

Different scenario altogether with Robson - he was also a former England manager and enjoyed success with other English clubs both as a player and manager.

133022[/snapback]

Beat me to it! And it was a one of programme not a rolling sports news channel dedicated to all teams and their fans (as well as countless other sports). I'd have no problem whatsoever with BBC doing a documentary on the Arse and their stadium.

And i don't see how less people would watch the Wigan/Blackburn equivalent. As it stand only arse fans could possibly sit thrugh a cringeworthy arsekissing wankfest to their team, no self respecting fan of any other club is going to give a shite. The same applies to Wigan/Blackburn, only for their fans and nobody else.

Plus most of the arse fans would still be at the fecking ground and won't be watching TV!!!

133066[/snapback]

Is that tongue in cheek?

132976[/snapback]

Same here. Lost is on 4.

132978[/snapback]

132991[/snapback]

132995[/snapback]

133003[/snapback]

133006[/snapback]

133020[/snapback]

133022[/snapback]

133066[/snapback]

Is that tongue in cheek?

133074[/snapback]

I thought they were all at the ground, what little i saw of it there seemed to be a big crowd there???

132976[/snapback]

Same here. Lost is on 4.

132978[/snapback]

132991[/snapback]

132995[/snapback]

133003[/snapback]

133006[/snapback]

133020[/snapback]

133022[/snapback]

133066[/snapback]

I wouldn't have minded watching it, does that make me an cringeworthy arsekissing wanker? You clearly only think that because you've got a problem with Arsenal. If it was Wigan or Blackburn you wouldn't be kicking up this much fuss.

Anyway, as I said before, there was little other drama on the last day of the season. So what if they make a bit of a fuss about Arsenal? You didn't have to watch it.

And the Bobby documentary was very Newcastle orientated. I doubt many fans of other clubs have the DVD (as I do).

I wouldn't have minded watching it, does that make me an cringeworthy arsekissing wanker? You clearly only think that because you've got a problem with Arsenal. If it was Wigan or Blackburn you wouldn't be kicking up this much fuss.

Anyway, as I said before, there was little other drama on the last day of the season. So what if they make a bit of a fuss about Arsenal? You didn't have to watch it.

And the Bobby documentary was very Newcastle orientated. I doubt many fans of other clubs have the DVD (as I do).

I never deny i hate arsenal, but it doesn't have any baring of my criticism of them or things to do with them. And there are plenty of people who don't hate them but can see the amount of wanking over them and everything henry does goes way over the top.

I could see you wanting to watch some programme dedicated to showing some of their undoubtedly great football if you really admire them that much, but yes i'm truly surprised you want to sit and watch a bunch of arse fans, celebs and the like havign a big love in (seemingly hosted by Lofty from Eastenders!) with no real footy action on show.

If it was wigan etc i wouldn't have likely kicked up as much fuss because i'd think fair enough, somebody is finall getting out of the backside of manu/arse/chelski and giving some coverage to a lesser team, but i still wouldn't watch it.

As for the dvd i wouldn't expect other fans to have it or have even watched the programme but then i said i had no problem with the bbc doing a documentary on the arse stadium situation.

but yes i'm truly surprised you want to sit and watch a bunch of arse fans, celebs and the like havign a big love in (seemingly hosted by Lofty from Eastenders!) with no real footy action on show.

133114[/snapback]

I've got an exam coming up, I'll do all sorts to avoid revision. :quotes:

Anyway, I wonder how many of those 'I was there' T-shirts will end up on eBay? They should probably have 'I bought this on the internet' on the back. :quotes:

but yes i'm truly surprised you want to sit and watch a bunch of arse fans, celebs and the like havign a big love in (seemingly hosted by Lofty from Eastenders!) with no real footy action on show.

133114[/snapback]

I've got an exam coming up, I'll do all sorts to avoid revision. :quotes:

Anyway, I wonder how many of those 'I was there' T-shirts will end up on eBay? They should probably have 'I bought this on the internet' on the back. :quotes:

133118[/snapback]

;)

Ah revision, it all makes sense now! I'd rather watch a loop of Wenger saying he "Didn't see the incident" whilst listening to various commentators wet their pants over every single Henry goal than do revision!

Guest alex

132976[/snapback]

Same here. Lost is on 4.

132978[/snapback]

132991[/snapback]

:quotes: Wank isn't it?

Ah revision, it all makes sense now! I'd rather watch a loop of Wenger saying he "Didn't see the incident" whilst listening to various commentators wet their pants over every single Henry goal than do revision!

133121[/snapback]

The commentator on MOTD last night - I don't bother noticing their names any more - was typically hilarious/awful. For Arsenal's second goal (I think), he obviously assumed a Kleenex moment was imminent, as his voice reached Orgasmic Wonder-Goal Frequency almost as soon as Henry got hold of the ball - only for him to piss about for ages before actually putting it into the back of the net. Poor bloke had to go higher and higher, more and more strained... he must have been surrounded by every dog in the neighbourhood by the time he was finished.

BBC objectivity, eh? :quotes:

132976[/snapback]

Same here. Lost is on 4.

132978[/snapback]

132991[/snapback]

:quotes: Wank isn't it?

133237[/snapback]

:quotes:

Nothing. Ever. Fucking. Happens.

Talk about the Emperor's New Clothes...

In Henry's post match interview, the bloke from Sky asked him if kissing the ground meant goodbye. Henry said it was goodbye to Highbury. When pressed if it was goodbye to Arsenal, he didn't deny it, he just repeated that it was goodbye to Highbury.

"Hey Bobby, what's the Catalan for va-va-voom?"

I don't think the coverage is ant worse than what Shearer has been getting tbh.

And yesterday we had another cringeworthy rendition of that song which is totally gay too. Nice.

I don't think the coverage is ant worse than what Shearer has been getting tbh.

And yesterday we had another cringeworthy rendition of that song which is totally gay too. Nice.

133286[/snapback]

"Stand Up if you Love Shearer"?

I can just see Shepherd smugly grinning, thinking "If that isn't this lot telling me that they want Shearer as the next manager, then I don't know what is". :quotes: