Next Season

Gemmill

Looking forward to it starting already. :quotes:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/Intertoto...sId=412509.html

Intertoto first legs are on the 15th/16th of July. Second leg on the 22nd. And we'll be playing either a Norwegian, Icelandic or Northern Irish team if I've followed the possible draws through correctly.

We're more than capable of cocking it up, but this really should be a pretty easy route into the UEFA. Anyone know what the story is with seeding for the UEFA? Can we still be seeded based on our performances in the last few seasons, or can we not because we've come through the Intertoto? I need answers, dammit! :quotes:

Looking forward to it starting already. :quotes:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/Intertoto...sId=412509.html

Intertoto first legs are on the 15th/16th of July.  Second leg on the 22nd.  And we'll be playing either a Norwegian, Icelandic or Northern Irish team if I've followed the possible draws through correctly.

We're more than capable of cocking it up, but this really should be a pretty easy route into the UEFA.  Anyone know what the story is with seeding for the UEFA?  Can we still be seeded based on our performances in the last few seasons, or can we not because we've come through the Intertoto?  I need answers, dammit! :quotes:

133209[/snapback]

Seeding is based on the coefficients that are calculated on the results in the previous five years. Newcastle are still 18th in the team ranking.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/d.../trank2006.html

Edited by Isegrim

Does that mean we're seeded then?

Also, when's the second qualifying round for the UEFA Cup? That's the stage we join at if we win the Intertoto, so I'm just wondering whether the matches follow on straight away and are pre-season games or not.

I've had a look on UEFA.com but they're too preoccupied with the final on Wednesday and the sight of Boro splashed all over was making me ill. :quotes:

Sevilla's number one fan on Wednesday night - FACT!

Guest alex
I'll be gutted is they win the final. And if they do the UEFA cup is officially shit - FACT.

133253[/snapback]

Having a few quid on Seville at 5/4 to win in 90 minutes like. Let's hope they do anarl.

Does that mean we're seeded then?

Also, when's the second qualifying round for the UEFA Cup?  That's the stage we join at if we win the Intertoto, so I'm just wondering whether the matches follow on straight away and are pre-season games or not.

I've had a look on UEFA.com but they're too preoccupied with the final on Wednesday and the sight of Boro splashed all over was making me ill. :razz:

Sevilla's number one fan on Wednesday night - FACT!

133227[/snapback]

The answer to this is that our first UEFA Cup games, should we get through the Intertoto, would be on the 10th and 24th of August. The Premiership season starts on the 19th. So all in all it's gonna be a pretty short summer break from football what with the World Cup etc. Which is fine with me.