Rio

wykikitoon

Did anyone see Rio eating Jaffa Cakes whilst playing yesterday? This isnt the first time he has needed a sugar boost during a match. Wonder if he is diabetic or just taking too many drugs.

Allegedly :quotes:

http://www.jaffacakes.co.uk/80256C1A004792...eb/pcTSTT5EPGEB

The Jaffa Cakes brand team scored a McVitie's first in July 2000, when they signed a sponsorship deal with Manchester United. Jaffa Cakes became one of Man Utd's eleven 'platinum' sponsors but the only one focussing on kids in the UK. Jaffa Cakes were already enjoyed by the team and were officially launched as the teams favourite half time snack. The campaign's success was based on the product truth that Jaffa Cakes are low in fat and high in carbohydrates and so are a great energy provider.

http://www.jaffacakes.co.uk/80256C1A004792...eb/pcTSTT5EPGEB

The Jaffa Cakes brand team scored a McVitie's first in July 2000, when they signed a sponsorship deal with Manchester United. Jaffa Cakes became one of Man Utd's eleven 'platinum' sponsors but the only one focussing on kids in the UK. Jaffa Cakes were already enjoyed by the team and were officially launched as the teams favourite half time snack. The campaign's success was based on the product truth that Jaffa Cakes are low in fat and high in carbohydrates and so are a great energy provider.

133565[/snapback]

no such deal involving fig rolls then? sort it out freddie

Surely there are more 'professional' things for energy boosts than Jaffa Cakes? If I was a physio I wouldn't be packing my bag saying 'sponge, check; magic spray, check; Jaffa cakes, check'.

Edited by Walliver

Look up man, they've got a sponsorship deal with them. Eating jaffa cakes on the pitch = ££££ for the club. So there's nothing that strange about either occurence.

Look up man, they've got a sponsorship deal with them.  Eating jaffa cakes on the pitch = ££££ for the club.  So there's nothing that strange about either occurence.

133628[/snapback]

Yep, notice how this didnt happen during the chase for the title, nah, last game of the season and suddenly they're having picnics during the game.

Surely, Lucozade will have something to say about the energy boost thing. I would have thought that a quicker energy boost would come from an energy drink rather than stuffing your face with choccy biscuits.

Look up man, they've got a sponsorship deal with them.  Eating jaffa cakes on the pitch = ££££ for the club.  So there's nothing that strange about either occurence.

133628[/snapback]

They must have slipped the cameraman a few boxes to get them on the telly too I reckon. Corruption!

Oh and Walliver, I bet they would at our club - along with the leeches, medicine stick and magic beans.