No Hearts move for Bowyer

Scottish Mag

Lee Bowyer's agent has played down talk the Newcastle United midfielder could join Hearts in the summer.

Reports have suggested that The Magpies could look to offload the England cap to ease the burden on the club's wage bill.

Hearts, who will be aiming to qualify for the UEFA Champions League group phase next season, have been linked with a bid for the 29-year-old.

But Bowyer's representative David Geiss has fielded no enquiries from Tynecastle and feels the former Leeds United ace's future hinges on who Newcastle appoint as the new manager.

"I don't know where that's come from," Geiss told The Scotsman about the link to Hearts.

"Lee's future will depend on who goes in as manager at Newcastle and what they think of him.

"I haven't heard a thing from Hearts."

Meanwhile, Hearts' record signing Mirsad Beslija has been linked with a move to Reading, who will be in The Premiership for the first time next term.

Beslija has cut a frustrated figure at Hearts since joining the club in January and he has made just five appearances.

His agent recently told skysports.com about the winger's discontent and reports now claim that Reading want to sign the Bosnian on loan.

"Lee's future will depend on who goes in as manager at Newcastle and what they think of him.

That's the important point and applies to every lad there. Any transfer talk is premature until the new management is sorted.

Cant see anyone being stupid enough to offer him the wages he is getting here so we might be stuck with him. His good games for this club have been few and far between, and in no have they justified his wages, therefore i hope he leaves.