Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham),

Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough),

Joe Cole (Chelsea),

Aaron Lennon (Tottenham);

Wayne Rooney (Manchester United),

Michael Owen (Newcastle),

Peter Crouch (Liverpool),

Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

and Jermain Defoe, and Darren Bent, and Ledley King, and Robbie Fowler.

what a fucking joke !

Theo Walcott for fuck sake !!

Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), - Fucked, not going to play.

Michael Owen (Newcastle), - Not played since Xmas

Peter Crouch (Liverpool), - Shit.

Theo Walcott (Arsenal). - Never played a premiership game.

Great choices there Sven.

I would be too if I were him.

I think it's a total disgrace that he's not in the squad. He is a great player with fantastic all-around ability and has always proved that he can play at that level when he's came on for England & Chelski.

He is better than Downing, Lennon, Hargreaves & Jenas put together. Total disgrace! What is that sack of shite of a manager thinking...!

And why take Walcott with the rest of his career ahead of him when we've got Defoe....! He's only played one game in the Premiership and is still only 17, not even near enough the player Rooney was at his age....!

Fair enough with Ledley King it was a tough call when you look at who’s been selected in defense with his injury taken into consideration...

Shambles, tbh...!

Edited by Geordie Boyo

Ian Wright's gonna be fuming  :quotes:  :quotes:

133473[/snapback]

That move to Chelsea was really a good move for his career wasn't it !

;)

Defoe doesn't deserve to be there his form's been shocking, 3 goals this year, Shola's scored just as many as him this season and played half of his time on the left wing

I think it's a total fucking insult to have Hargreaves there and not Wright-Phillips! Hargreaves has been absolute shit each and every time he's put an England jersey on and who the fuck is Lennon to get in there ahead of him!? Never mind stick-boy & Downing...!

Got to admit Walcott seems a strange choice but im intriguied to see if it works out.

No SWP is a joke especially with the inclusion of Hargreaves and Jenas.

Defoe doesn't deserve to be there his form's been shocking, 3 goals this year, Shola's scored just as many as him this season and played half of his time on the left wing

133482[/snapback]

Bent does though and he is not even on standby.

133482[/snapback]

Bent does though and he is not even on standby.

133485[/snapback]

Aye DB does, everyone thought he was poor against Uruguay but i thought he really impressed me that game with his movement

Andy Johnson ahead of Darren Bent seems a very strange decision.

After 5 years of conservative decisions, Sven has finally shown a little imagination however SWP should have gone ahead of Lennon imho

133487[/snapback]

Superb choice to take Lennon instead of SWP in my opinion. Walcott is a very strange choice though.

Guest alex

Surely if Walcott was that good already, he'd have played for Arsenal before now in the Premier League.

and Jermain Defoe, and Darren Bent, and Ledley King, and Robbie Fowler.

what a fucking joke !

Theo Walcott for fuck sake !!

133475[/snapback]

Fowler? :quotes:

133490[/snapback]

Fowler's in form and experienced, I would pick him ahead of Walcott and Crouch.

It amazes me how Hargreaves is an international footballer, the lad is useless. As usual Sven proves how much of an idiot he is, and the future England manager would of had some input into these decisions too.

The Walcott choice is mental. Sven doesn't need to worry about keeping the job beyond the WC so he's decided to take some risks by the look of things. Given the choice between Lennon and SWP I'd take Lennon based on what I've seen this season though.

SWP's career is in danger of hitting the skids if he doesn't leave Chelsea in the summer.

After 5 years of conservative decisions, Sven has finally shown a little imagination however SWP should have gone ahead of Lennon imho

133487[/snapback]

Superb choice to take Lennon instead of SWP in my opinion. Walcott is a very strange choice though.

133491[/snapback]

Why does it have to be Lennon ahead of SWP!? How about why SWP's hasn't been picked ahead of Heargreaves or Jenas? & not even there in stand-by?

It amazes me how Hargreaves is an international footballer, the lad is useless. As usual Sven proves how much of an idiot he is, and the future England manager would of had some input into these decisions too.

133494[/snapback]

Ah, I think that's to do with how well he playes for Bayern Munich..

133487[/snapback]

133491[/snapback]

Why does it have to be Lennon ahead of SWP!? How about why SWP's hasn't been picked ahead of Heargreaves or Jenas? & not even there in stand-by?

133496[/snapback]

Because they are centre-mids, and SWP is a winger.

Well I'm gonna say Walcott is a good choice....

Just in case he comes good in the World Cup and I can then dig this thread up! :quotes:

SWP has been out of form of late - and totally short of match practice. I think there were glimpses yesterday of what he could do.

Lennon on the other hand has looked sharp, pacy and could be a good inclusion. Im bemused with the choice of Walcott - he'll be overawed at the WC at 17 i think. Very surprised Bent didnt even make the standby - He's a good player