Congratulations Glenn and Alan.

pertoon

After the absolute shambles, staring relegation in the face mess a certain nameless native of Jockland left us in well done Glenn and Alan.

Not only are we back where we belong - just, but it has to be said its a fantastic achievement when some of our so called best players have been out for the best part of the season. I seem to recall somebody saying this was the reason for our previous poor performance.

Surely now Roeder has earned the chance of a permanant run as Manager. Not only has he turned things around but he seems to have the right attitude both to the players and us.

So come on lets see what next season can bring.

P.S. Is it me or is anyone else pissed off with Michael Owen being referred to as England and Newcastle COME ON ITS NEWCASTLE AND ENGLAND. Might be an idea if someone took him to one side and told HIMSELF that as well.

:quotes:

Was reading somewhere yesterday (might have been The Mag) that Owen himself has said that he's sick of doing interviews where he gets asked 20 questions, 19 about Newcastle and 1 about England and all that gets reported is his answer to the England one. I've been a bit harsh on him for this this season, but if that's the case then it's out of his control really.

Was reading somewhere yesterday (might have been The Mag) that Owen himself has said that he's sick of doing interviews where he gets asked 20 questions, 19 about Newcastle and 1 about England and all that gets reported is his answer to the England one.  I've been a bit harsh on him for this this season, but if that's the case then it's out of his control really.

133520[/snapback]

I don't think that we should be under any illusions that this season was all about the world cup for Mr Owen though. Clearly it hasn't panned out how he, or indeed NUFC, had planned.

Guest alex

Does Shearer get praise for the first half of the season when his role was the same but under Souness? :quotes:

Well done to Roeder, he took over one of the biggest messes around after Souness finally got kicked out and he turned it right round.

Whether Roeder can take us to "the next level" we shall see but he's shown even with an injury hit squad he is more than capable of beating all the dross in the prem, beating the middling teams and the ones around and just above us (ie. Spurs, Bolton, Wigan etc. who were above us at the time)

With a fully fit squad, his own signings, a pre season to work with them then we will see what he can do for a whole season. I certainly am fully confident he will do a good job, how good is what we will find out.

Was reading somewhere yesterday (might have been The Mag) that Owen himself has said that he's sick of doing interviews where he gets asked 20 questions, 19 about Newcastle and 1 about England and all that gets reported is his answer to the England one.  I've been a bit harsh on him for this this season, but if that's the case then it's out of his control really.

133520[/snapback]

Same here. To be fair to him, a lot of it is probably out of his control. Let's face it, the media would love to see him back at Liverpool and won't miss an opportunity to remind the footballing world that we weren't his first choice.

133520[/snapback]

Same here. To be fair to him, a lot of it is probably out of his control. Let's face it, the media would love to see him back at Liverpool and won't miss an opportunity to remind the footballing world that we weren't his first choice.

133670[/snapback]

Definitely. Annoys me when the papers (more often that not The Times) have been banging on about how he'd be desperate to return "home" and that fact that there is this £12 million get-out clause, making it difficult for Newcastle to sell him. I wish they'd shut up and accept Owen will stay.

I dont think we'll ever be able to compete with Chelsea and Manure for some time, at least until the money goes from Chelsea and Ferguson leaves utd. Henry may be leaving Arsenal so that might put them into the not so certains, and i think Liverpool have been fortunate these last couple of seasons with their performances. If anything, they are proof that a team can do well with poor strikers (take note England). Cups should always be our main focus