Star Wars - The original, unaltered,

Lazarus

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck me, George Lucas isn't half coining it in off you nerds! You buy the digitally remastered version, you go and watch the shitty new movies, then he releases the original versions and you daft fuckers go and buy that as well! :quotes:

Fuck me, George Lucas isn't half coining it in off you nerds!  You buy the digitally remastered version, you go and watch the shitty new movies, then he releases the original versions and you daft fuckers go and buy that as well!  :quotes:

133675[/snapback]

As much as i adore Star Wars, I'm with Gemmill on this one, Lucas is taking the piss !

Guest Sima

Lucas is a marketing genius tbh.

"The old versions of the movies are dead. I don't even think they exist anymore"

That's what he said prior to the release of the original "re-mastered" trilogy on DVD.

I could understand buying a fully packaged 6-film + bonus features bumper uber-pack... but why buy the original trilogy two or three times, then the new ones...then the new ones in a presentation pack?

you'll have 6 copies of the same bastard film and I don't care how much of a fan you are, the majority of the "enhanced images" in the originals will not make them any better.

gullible schmucks if you ask me.

WHat's this all about? in one version Han SOlo shoots first, and in another he doesnt.... that seems like quite a big difference to me in the context!

Why would they change things like that? Lucas is defo taking people for a nice long ride.

Guest alex

I've never understood the hype about what are basically good kids' films. Do you lot read much J.K. Rowling btw? :quotes:

I've never understood the hype about what are basically good kids' films. Do you lot read much J.K. Rowling btw? :quotes:

133752[/snapback]

A lot of the most technically advanced and classic films of all times are kids movies. Snow White, The Wizard of Oz, the Toy Story's, The Lion King, Fantasia, ET. Star Wars is another in that line of brilliant kids films, not just 'good'.

Guest alex

133752[/snapback]

A lot of the most technically advanced and classic films of all times are kids movies. Snow White, The Wizard of Oz, the Toy Story's, The Lion King, Fantasia, ET. Star Wars is another in that line of brilliant kids films, not just 'good'.

133756[/snapback]

In your opinion :quotes: The films have practically no plot and the dialogue is utter shite. That's my opinion.

133752[/snapback]

133756[/snapback]

In your opinion :quotes: The films have practically no plot and the dialogue is utter shite. That's my opinion.

133757[/snapback]

Who else's opinion do I have? ;)

Guest alex

You've previously admitted you like practically every film you watch anyway, so your liking a film means doodley squat :quotes:

You've previously admitted you like practically every film you watch anyway, so your liking a film means doodley squat :quotes:

133760[/snapback]

Doodley squat? Diddly squat shirley? tbs tbs

Guest alex

133760[/snapback]

133762[/snapback]

Fuck all then :quotes:

You've previously admitted you like practically every film you watch anyway, so your liking a film means doodley squat ;)

133760[/snapback]

133762[/snapback]

133765[/snapback]

:quotes:

Anyhoo, back on topic, fortunately for me I didn't buy the 'Super Digitally Enhanced with Added Scenes and Closing Credits Special Collectors Triple-Whammy Box Set DVD' edition when it was released. So I can now buy these and they'll match my Episode 1 to 3 DVD's - which is nice. ;)

You've previously admitted you like practically every film you watch anyway, so your liking a film means doodley squat ;)

133760[/snapback]

133762[/snapback]

133765[/snapback]

:quotes:

Anyhoo, back on topic, fortunately for me I didn't buy the 'Super Digitally Enhanced with Added Scenes and Closing Credits Special Collectors Triple-Whammy Box Set DVD' edition when it was released. So I can now buy these and they'll match my Episode 1 to 3 DVD's - which is nice. ;)

133769[/snapback]

Until he releases a new boxed set with all SIX films in and chucks in a few extras on the DVD, and a 3D Darth Vader mask to wear whilst watching them, and you'll all be suckered in once again. ;) This bloke is a billionaire playing on the fact that the fans of the movies are nerds who can't resist a new gimmick.

133760[/snapback]

Aye, but that's mainly because I don't watch shit films. Anyone dim enough to watch the likes of Gigli then complain that it was shit doesn't really deserve back the two hours of their life they spent watching it.

Guest alex

133760[/snapback]

Aye, but that's mainly because I don't watch shit films. Anyone dim enough to watch the likes of Gigli then complain that it was shit doesn't really deserve back the two hours of their life they spent watching it.

133785[/snapback]

Never seen 'Gigli'. How do you know films are shit before you watch them out of interest?

I watched about half an hour of Gigli, flicking arouhnd Sky Movies one day. Words can't describe it.

Star Wars is pants, by the way. FACTLACTIC!

133760[/snapback]

133762[/snapback]

Alex is clearly as Star Trek fan tbh

Guest alex
You've previously admitted you like practically every film you watch anyway, so your liking a film means doodley squat :razz:

133760[/snapback]

133762[/snapback]

Alex is clearly as Star Trek fan tbh

133803[/snapback]

That's Renton :razz:

I used to quite like the old series wth Kirk, Scottie, Spock et al. The new stuff is cack.

How do you know films are shit before you watch them out of interest?

133795[/snapback]

Past form, criticism, trailers.

Doesn't always work. I hated Clockwork Orange, Brazil and Bladerunner to name a few which others say are the greatest films ever, but I generally end up watching films with something about them to enjoy.