France Call For Charles

Scottish Mag

FLYING Frenchman Charles N'Zogbia has been selected to represent his country for the first time in the European Under-21 Championships later this month.

N'Zogbia has been in fine form this season, and he has figured in 41 of Newcastle's games - 33 of which he has started - scoring six goals.

The championships take place in Portugal from May 21 until June 4, with eight teams taking part.

France are in Group A, and will face the host nation on May 23 in Braga, followed by a game against Germany in Guimares on May 25. They wrap up their group with a game against Serbia and Montenegro, again in Guimares, on May 28.

Should France progress, they will play their semi final on June 1, with the final in Bessa on June 4.

The other group will be contested by Ukraine, Holland, Italy and Denmark.

Meanwhile N'Zogbia's United team-mate Amady Faye has been called up by Senegal for a friendly game with Korea in Senegal on May 23.

That's great news for us, if he sees he can get picked for the international side because of the exposure he's getting. It'll also make him less willing to leave and possibly have to sit on the bench elsewhere, hopefully.

Off topic but as it's mentioned at the bottom of that article. How the fuck does Faye get called up for international football? Have Senegal only got the eleven males of footballing age?

With the exception of the like of Fumaca and Rob Macdonald who only played once or twice, he is without doubt the worst excuse for a footballer I have ever seen at this club. It's embarassing that he get's a game ahead of anyone at the club.

Oh and well done the Zog.

Guest alex

Against Chelsea Faye looked alright until he had the ball at his feet :razz: Seriously though, he worked his bollocks off for the team against Chelsea. I want rid though but I’d peddle Clark first who looks well past his sell-by date now.

Against Chelsea Faye looked alright until he had the ball at his feet :razz: Seriously though, he worked his bollocks off for the team against Chelsea. I want rid though but I’d peddle Clark first who looks well past his sell-by date now.

133920[/snapback]

Clarkie's way past his best but I would still play him ahead of Faye every time. The lad's not a footballer, simple as. If he's still here come August I will be well pissed off.

Well done Zoggy, He should be playing at the World Cup tho.

134018[/snapback]

Tripe.

134119[/snapback]

I think he's great, but I'm glad he isn't going to the World Cup

Well done Zoggy, He should be playing at the World Cup tho.

134018[/snapback]

Tripe.

134119[/snapback]

I think he's great, but I'm glad he isn't going to the World Cup

134123[/snapback]

Same here. I don't really want any of our players there. Get them rested up ready for the Intertoto :razz: