Franck Queudrue for England?

Scottish Mag

Middlesbrough's Franck Queudrue has revealed that he is considering playing for England, after talking with new coach Steve McClaren.

The Boro boss, who takes charge at Soho Square in August, is a big fan of Queudrue - having brought him to England in 2001.

Queudrue was snapped up by McClaren on loan after a brief trial, and he soon made his move permanent.

The French full back is now one of the most popular players at The Riverside and is regarded as one of the best left backs in The Premiership.

France have so far, to the player's annoyance, ignored his efforts in England and now he is considering switching his allegiance.

"I will surprise you, I am in England for five years now and I have never had any French team call," he revealed.

"I am 'eligible' to play for the England national team. McClaren has already talked to me about his project, but I need to think about it."

Queudrue admits a move back to France remains an option and that could then bolster his Les Bleus ambitions - should he decide against playing for England.

"In a way I could be lucky to play for a great team, but I would feel a little ashamed as France remains my country," he told But!

"But I know here people respect me a lot. In France, people almost don't know me.

"I hope it would change above all if I come back to Ligue 1 soon."

So we go from a Swedish manager back to English which everyone wants who then considers putting foreigners onto the field of play!

Unbelievable.

Di Canio for England :razz:

133811[/snapback]

Carlo Cudicini could qualify too.

133812[/snapback]

Couldn't we get David James qualified for Brazil? Send him for a few Summer holidays there or summat.

Di Canio for England :razz:

133811[/snapback]

Carlo Cudicini could qualify too.

133812[/snapback]

Couldn't we get David James qualified for Brazil? Send him for a few Summer holidays there or summat.

133818[/snapback]

A five year summer holiday, maybe. :razz:

He's shite whenever I've seen him, one of the worst defenders in the league and he gets sent off about three times a season. Would be an absolute liability at international level for any country.

Cole and Bridge are different class to him and even the likes of Konchesky and Phill Neville would be preferable to him.

He's shite whenever I've seen him, one of the worst defenders in the league and he gets sent off about three times a season. Would be an absolute liability at international level for any country.

Cole and Bridge are different class to him and even the likes of Konchesky and Phill Neville would be preferable to him.

133915[/snapback]

You've not seen much of him then.

He's shite whenever I've seen him, one of the worst defenders in the league and he gets sent off about three times a season.  Would be an absolute liability at international level for any country.

133915[/snapback]

Is this a windup? The lad is a quality player.