NUFC STATEMENT - Dispensation Granted

Gemmill

Why the fuck is it taking 'til Monday to make the announcement?

134284[/snapback]

Maybe it isn't Roeder. They seem to go to great effort to point out they could appoint him, without saying they will. Seems very odd to even release the statement if it confirms nothing.

134287[/snapback]

Thats what has left me wondering, also if it was Roeder why do we have to wait until Monday? Why not do it today and present him to the supporters tomorrow evening?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex
Why the fuck is it taking 'til Monday to make the announcement?

134284[/snapback]

Maybe it isn't Roeder. They seem to go to great effort to point out they could appoint him, without saying they will. Seems very odd to even release the statement if it confirms nothing.

134287[/snapback]

Thats what has left me wondering, also if it was Roeder why do we have to wait until Monday? Why not do it today and present him to the supporters tomorrow evening?

134289[/snapback]

NOTHING will be allowed to overshadow the testimonial.

On the positive side, we have someone who's bothered about the club. Unlike previous "big name" trophy winners like Dalglish, Gullit and Souness. So who can say. I prefer to look at the potential of someone who can take a selling club like West Ham to 7th rather than the next season when he had a life threatening illness

Good Luck Glenn, you were a smashing player for the club I hope you are as good a manager and if nowt else you've restored my optimism and feeling for the club after the dark days of Souness

134281[/snapback]

If anything my optimism has gone. At least when Souness was here I had the hope that we would get rid of him and appoint a top class manager in his place.

I no longer believe we have a set up that will ever put a top class management team in place or get us challenging for the league.

At least I do think we will start seeing some football again which we've sorely missed in the past two or three years.

Guest alex

Given all the managers with trophy winning cv's

© Leazes

haven't won us anything, Shepherd has decided to appoint someone with a poor cv in the hope of bucking the trend :razz:

Seriously though, I'm quite optimistic at the moment for some reason.

He wasn't my first choice but i'm satisfied. Loves the club, seems to have some tactical nouse, can motivate players...he'll do for me. Ofcourse, he made some awful signings at Wist 'Am but we all know Freddy buys the players here so that shouldn't be a problem.

All we need now is Shearer to be confirmed as his number 2 and the good times will be just round the corner

134316[/snapback]

I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or not? :razz:

Are you happy with the appointment or not, spongebob?

If it is certain that Shearer is going to take over in the next few years I wouldn't be adverse to having him as assistant. Any sort of experience is only going to help him although I'd prefer a clean break and him to get that experience elsewhere.

I am quite happy, I think he has earned himself a shot and I do like the bloke. That grin he gave at the final whistle quite melted my heart.

I am really quite intrigued to see how next season goes. I was only half joking about Shearer aswell, at least if he jumped on board now we can get it out of the way.

I am quite happy, I think he has earned himself a shot and I do like the bloke. That grin he gave at the final whistle quite melted my heart.

I am really quite intrigued to see how next season goes. I was only half joking about Shearer aswell, at least if he jumped on board now we can get it out of the way.

134322[/snapback]

Absolutely....until that's been addressed, we'll never attract a "big name" manager IMO.

134322[/snapback]

Absolutely....until that's been addressed, we'll never attract a "big name" manager IMO.

134327[/snapback]

I am a bit embaressed to admit it but if I am perfectly honest I think the Shearer thing might actually work :razz:

I'm still to be convinced that he can take us into the CL. The inept, spineless performaces against Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea (away) and Charlton have me worried. I also think he got his tactics wrong against the mackems for the first hour and I was baffled why he went like for like against Chelsea after Solano went off when it was clear that 4-4-2 had them all over the shop. He did redeem himself by changing tactics but against Liverpool he did fuck all to stop Warnock pretty much raping us down the flank. Sorry to be a bit pessemistic but just thought some realism needed to be injected :razz:

He's got himself a pre-season, he can wheel and deal so next season is the chance to prove doubters (like me) wrong. For what it's worth I think he is a better choice than O'Leary, Bruce and Curbishly. But I think twisty-face Allerdyce would have been better. Non-plussed on O'Neil as there is the factor of his wife.

134322[/snapback]

134327[/snapback]

I am a bit embaressed to admit it but if I am perfectly honest I think the Shearer thing might actually work :razz:

134332[/snapback]

I think it could too! My point is though, that until the club have him as manager, it will loom like a big loomy thing. :razz:

Well, there could have been a helluva lot worse appointments, so I am not devastated © Wullie. I still find the choice a bit uninspiring as I hoped for a more progressive solution that went further then adopted Geordie accomodating the future job for a Geordie legend.

But in contrast to the appointment of the tosser before I don't have the feeling of looming failure. I don't bother too much about Roeder's past and his failures as I do more focus on what a manager stands for. Roeder definitely is a good coach who can handle players and improve their ability. The previous tosser had "bully" written on his forehead so it was no surprise how things turned out in the end.

Let's hope that Roeder is in fact the right man at the right place at the right time.

Guest alex
What were the odds on Roeder becoming the full time manager after Souey got the bullet?

134378[/snapback]

Me dad backed him at about 25-1 I think, a tenner anarl. He's been frantically searching for his betting slip for about a week now :razz:

What were the odds on Roeder becoming the full time manager after Souey got the bullet?

134378[/snapback]

Me dad backed him at about 25-1 I think, a tenner anarl. He's been frantically searching for his betting slip for about a week now :razz:

134381[/snapback]

:razz:

Having a look at oddschecker, Roeder's odds were 1000-1 at betdirect early in February. Now that would have been worth a tenner...

http://www.oddschecker.com/betting/mode/i/...784016/hrange/A

That's why FFS was making all those grandiose claims about top managers. Never mind a Hitzfeld conspiracy, he was the betting ring. £3,000 on Roeder and he could pay of Souness' debt.

Sacked within 2 years I reckon :razz:

134288[/snapback]

that's a banker tbh. probably at the start of next season or a day after the january transfer window closes.

Bloody hell, 1000-1!?  Makes you sick even though at the time I never thought he'd be the one.

134386[/snapback]

I think it was just for a short moment as they were slashed down to 66-1 later. But there could be someone very, very happy next Monday.