Testimonial Team

Gemmill

The Select XI squad is:

Goalkeepers: Shay Given, Steve Harper.

Defenders: Celestine Babayaro, Jean Alain Boumsong, Titus Bramble, Stephen Carr, Robbie Elliott, Peter Ramage, Steven Taylor.

Midfielders: Lee Clark, Emre, Amady Faye, Charles N'Zogbia, Matty Pattison.

Forwards: Shola Ameobi, Michael Chopra, Albert Luque.

Guest Players: Les Ferdinand, Rob Lee, Gary Speed, Steve Watson.

How crap is that man? :razz:

It's our first team plus his only 4 mates in football vs. Celtic's first team/reserve squad. Shearer must be a proper billy no mates, or else there's been no planning put into this at all.

I saw Steve Watson at SJP a fortnight ago and he was shit! I've no desire to see him again. :razz:

absolute gash tbh. especially against celtic. i expected some kind of select eleven of former toon/england team mates.

at least sir les will get a big shout

What do you expect organising it this time of the year with a World Cup weeks away!!!!

Another reason along with Alan maybe playing why they should have waited until the Summer.

Guest alex
Pathetic, really. Especially when you consider Shearers standing in the game and England connections.

Think of who turned out for Pedro's testimonial...

134420[/snapback]

Pedro's better liked tbh.

What a load of shite, it's an attempt to make it competitive despite the fact it'll just make it boring as fuck. Where's Gazza, Keegan, Roy Chubby Brown, and the latest up and coming boy band? Testimonial my arse.

Looks like it'll be as bad as Rob Lee's, I recommend you all go to see the strippers at the Sports Cafe pre match (Natalia is incredible!) cos the match is gonna be so so shit!

134451[/snapback]

I agree. It's just a shame the bar staff/management haven't got a brain cell amongst them so I have to wait 35 minutes to get served before a match.

S-H-I-T Shithole!

Should be after the WC and should NOT have featured Celtic. I fail to see the connection between the big fella and the bhoys. Should have invited Blackburn, adding Bellamy into the mix would have made it spicey.

It should have been the current squad Vs a Shearer XI, comprising of people he's played with. You would have packed the place and we got have got a few familar faces from the 90's back here...your Alberts and Tinos for example. Fuck it being a competitive game of football.

At the same time though, have you seen either recently? Albert piled the weight on and Tino's prob in jail.

Guest alex

Tino would have jumped at the chance. He could have used it as an opportunity to traffick loads of coke. Allegedly.