Da Vinci 'disclaimer'

sweetleftpeg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

It's canny worrying how people believe the first page, which tells them that it's true. Err... the novel has already started folks. That said, it's canny worrying how many people believe the contents of the Bible.

Edited by alex

Guest alex
Do they have a disclaimer at the beginning of the bible?

134460[/snapback]

The original Bible had a first page that read "Any similarity to actual events or persons is purely coincidental"

134460[/snapback]

The original Bible had a first page that read "Any similarity to actual events or persons is purely coincidental"

134462[/snapback]

Any similarity to a joke from series 2 of Red Dwarf is purely coincidental.

:razz:

Guest alex

134460[/snapback]

134462[/snapback]

134463[/snapback]

I knew I'd heard it before somewhere, I needed a nerd to confirm it :razz:

I'm re-reading it at the moment, I'm quite looking forward to the film, I think it'll translate well. Gets to keep the interesting plot but without the shoddy writing.

I'm re-reading it at the moment, I'm quite looking forward to the film, I think it'll translate well. Gets to keep the interesting plot but without the shoddy writing.

134472[/snapback]

Life really is too short. :razz:

Guest alex

134472[/snapback]

That's almost as bad as the lad I went to school with who started re-reading 'The Lord of the Rings' as soon as he'd finished it.

134472[/snapback]

That's almost as bad as the lad I went to school with who started re-reading 'The Lord of the Rings' as soon as he'd finished it.

134478[/snapback]

I read Angels and Demons the other night, fuck me, I won't be going back to that in a hurry.

134472[/snapback]

You've still got the cliched 2D characters though. And the ridiculous plot twists.

Guest Sima

Almost as stupid as the online petition that claimed Peter Jackson was cashing in on 9/11 by calling the second Lord of The Rings film "The Two Towers"

Guest alex
Almost as stupid as the online petition that claimed Peter Jackson was cashing in on 9/11 by calling the second Lord of The Rings film "The Two Towers"

134511[/snapback]

Aye, cynical marketing that.

134511[/snapback]

134713[/snapback]

And "The Return of the King" was blatantly attempting to con Elvis fans into believing he was returning and would star in the 3rd film, shocking behaviour from Jackson.

134460[/snapback]

134462[/snapback]

134463[/snapback]

and wasn't it dedicated to: My darling Candy....

Guest alex

134511[/snapback]

134713[/snapback]

And "The Return of the King" was blatantly attempting to con Elvis fans into believing he was returning and would star in the 3rd film, shocking behaviour from Jackson.

134754[/snapback]

:razz: Thank you very much

134460[/snapback]

134462[/snapback]

;)

134463[/snapback]

and wasn't it dedicated to: My darling Candy....

134768[/snapback]

That's it. :razz:

Saw an advert for DA VINCI - The Music last night. What a heap of shite. A load of atmospheric classic tunes for 15 quid. You've got to be a sad bastard to be buying that.

*Cue Meenzer checking he's got the receipt for his copy*

Haven't read the book either, remember a while ago when it was in fashion someone asked me at a barbaque if i'd read it. I replied no, they were taken back and couldn'y believe it. I said it not that big a deal mate. Then this clown went round everyone asking if they' read it. All the cunts had as well and this bloke was trying to make out like I was an uncultured idiot. Put him right in his place when I asked him if he'd read the Bible (I have btw, cover to cover).

Guest alex
Saw an advert for DA VINCI - The Music last night. What a heap of shite. A load of atmospheric classic tunes for 15 quid. You've got to be a sad bastard to be buying that.

Haven't read the book either, remember a while ago when it was in fashion someone asked me at a barbaque if i'd read it. I replied no, they were taken back and couldn'y believe it. I said it not that big a deal mate. Then this clown went round everyone asking if they' read it. All the cunts had as well and this bloke was trying to make out like I was an uncultured idiot. Put him right in his place when I asked him if he'd read the Bible (I have btw, cover to cover).

134873[/snapback]

The idea that having read 'The Da Vinci Code' makes you cultured is hilarious ;)

134873[/snapback]

The idea that having read 'The Da Vinci Code' makes you cultured is hilarious ;)

134877[/snapback]

Exactly, I mean wor lass has read it and she's a short skirt and no knickers kind of girl!

My uncle recommended it to me and the only other book he's recommended is Bravo Two Zero ;)

134887[/snapback]

A book that Alan Partridge rates very highly, and there can be no reccomendation better than that!!!