Sir Bobby Robson

Jimbo

Whilst watching the Shearer special on BBC last night I was stunned as to how frail the old boy is looking, i know he's recently had surgery for cancer again but he is really looking his age and has lost that twinkle in his eye.

very sad.

Guest alex
He should retire tbh

134739[/snapback]

Perhaps he cant afford to tbh.

134742[/snapback]

Do you reckon? Unless his wife is the North East's answer to Imelda Marcos I'd have thought he would have been loaded.

He should retire tbh

134739[/snapback]

134742[/snapback]

Do you reckon? Unless his wife is the North East's answer to Imelda Marcos I'd have thought he would have been loaded.

134743[/snapback]

I think he could comfortably live to 1000 on his money. And pay Souness to bring him meals on wheels. In his daughters car.

He is about 103 though.

There is a board up in a pub around mine which has a list of the next celeb to die. Could be a decent bet. (bless his socks)

134738[/snapback]

He's something like 74 is he not? Not that old by today's standards. Too old to work in footie management though.

He should retire tbh

134739[/snapback]

134742[/snapback]

As UM is fond of telling us, we paid him quite a bit in compensation. £2million I think, but I could be wrong. He should be taking it easy really.

He should retire tbh

134739[/snapback]

134742[/snapback]

As UM is fond of telling us, we paid him quite a bit in compensation. £2million I think, but I could be wrong. He should be taking it easy really.

134764[/snapback]

I think work keeps him going..... (like most older people...)

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

He should retire tbh

134739[/snapback]

134742[/snapback]

134764[/snapback]

134778[/snapback]

Let him become a packer at Sainsburys.

134778[/snapback]

True, I'd rather live a full life for 70 or 80 years, than take it easy for an extra 10 or 20 years of incontinence.

134778[/snapback]

True, I'd rather live a full life for 70 or 80 years, than take it easy for an extra 10 or 20 years of incontinence.

134786[/snapback]

I guess it depends if you work to live, or live to work. Personally I'm retiring as soon as I can afford to. You need interests though.

I guess it depends if you work to live, or live to work. Personally I'm retiring as soon as I can afford to. You need interests though.

134788[/snapback]

Once you're no longer working for money it's a different barrow o' spuds, in my opinion. I think everyone lives to work, to a degree.

EDIT: Or those hobbies become your work, which I don't like, because I'm bad enough at taking the fun out of hobbies when they're just hobbies!

Edited by DotBum