Shearer Testimonial:

Scottish Mag

IF you're lucky enough to be part of the sell-out crowd at St. James' Park for Alan Shearer's Testimonial then you know a wonderful night is in store as Gallowgate says goodbye to its greatest-ever goalscorer.

Big Al's Newcastle United Select XI host Scottish champions Glasgow Celtic and the Geordie hero will kick off the match in his beloved black and white stripes.

Here's how the night will run:

6.15pm: Turnstiles open

7.05pm: Players warm-up

7.35pm: Keedie performs Nessun Dorma (we would request supporters to be in their seats at this time).

7.40pm: Teams enter the pitch. When Alan emerges from the tunnel if you are sitting in the North, South and East Stands please hold your seat card above your head with the plain side facing towards the pitch to create a spectacular effect.

7.45pm: Kick-off

8.30pm: Half-time penalty competition - England v Scotland

8.45pm: Second-half.

9.30pm: Full-time

Following the final whistle there will be an interview with Alan and a number of presentations all hosted by Ant & Dec.

We would ask all supporters to remain seated until after the presentations have finished and Alan has left the pitch for the final time.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh, it sounds shit, I'm not looking forward to it. And that last bit is taking the piss.

134819[/snapback]

I Bob Moncur. Be in your seat for 7:35, hold a fucking card up. I'm all for going to show the bloke some respect and thanks, but this is taking the pied pipe of piss.

Tbh, it sounds shit, I'm not looking forward to it. And that last bit is taking the piss.

134819[/snapback]

I Bob Moncur. Be in your seat for 7:35, hold a fucking card up. I'm all for going to show the bloke some respect and thanks, but this is taking the pied pipe of piss.

134825[/snapback]

I'm going and will show respect, obviously. But people telling me to stay seated etc? Fuck off, patronising bastards.

Guest alex
I'm dreading what the "spectacular effect" will be.

134826[/snapback]

Shepherd sucking Big Al's cock

134828[/snapback]

Licking his arse tbh.

134819[/snapback]

134825[/snapback]

I'm going and will show respect, obviously. But people telling me to stay seated etc? Fuck off, patronising bastards.

134827[/snapback]

Exactly.

Ant: 'Reet everyone, ayecannyayecany, when ay coont to 3...ye aal clap.'

FFS.

134826[/snapback]

some kind of of "tiffo", a bit like the Barca fans did for their last home game ;)

could be cool. Maybe even the highlight of the night .... :icon_lol:

134826[/snapback]

some kind of of "tiffo", a bit like the Barca fans did for their last home game ;)

could be cool. Maybe even the highlight of the night .... :icon_lol:

134847[/snapback]

I feel a night of paper areoplanes coming on.

He's playing then?

134851[/snapback]

I still have that little super fanboy feeling that it's the big surprise and he will play ... but it looks like he's kicking it off and that's it.

One of my work colleagues has just come from a meeting near the central station, reckons it's streaming with pissed Celtic fans down there.  ;)

134871[/snapback]

Awesome, I might pop down with my Rangers top on.

One of my work colleagues has just come from a meeting near the central station, reckons it's streaming with pissed Celtic fans down there.  ;)

134871[/snapback]

Awesome, I might pop down with my Rangers top on.

134874[/snapback]

Dare you. Don't forget to shout FTP etc. :icon_lol:

Guest Sima
On N-O they reckon there will be free Shearer masks on everyone's seat. ;):icon_lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

134886[/snapback]

Anyone over the age of 8 wearing said masks should be incinerated tbh

On N-O they reckon there will be free Shearer masks on everyone's seat. :icon_lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

134886[/snapback]

Anyone over the age of 8 wearing said masks should be incinerated tbh

134904[/snapback]

I bet it never occured to Shearer that he'd spend the duration of his testimonial with me sat on his face. ;)

Haha this sounds shit, I don't even know why I'm going - I hate cheesetastic things like this.

I'll go, watch the match then go home.. can't be chewed staying seated for some bent presentations etc.