Shearer Testimonial:

Scottish Mag

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On N-O they reckon there will be free Shearer masks on everyone's seat. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

134886[/snapback]

Anyone over the age of 8 wearing said masks should be incinerated tbh

134904[/snapback]

I bet it never occured to Shearer that he'd spend the duration of his testimonial with me sat on his face. :icon_lol:

134934[/snapback]

lucky you :icon_lol:;)

On N-O they reckon there will be free Shearer masks on everyone's seat. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :icon_lol:

134886[/snapback]

134904[/snapback]

I bet it never occured to Shearer that he'd spend the duration of his testimonial with me sat on his face. :lol:

134934[/snapback]

lucky you :blush::icon_lol:

135076[/snapback]

You'd kill him ;)

On N-O they reckon there will be free Shearer masks on everyone's seat. :lol: :lol: :lol::icon_lol::blush:

134886[/snapback]

134904[/snapback]

I bet it never occured to Shearer that he'd spend the duration of his testimonial with me sat on his face. :lol:

134934[/snapback]

lucky you :blush::icon_lol:

135076[/snapback]

You'd kill him ;)

135089[/snapback]

but what a way to goooo :lol:

Comments on this forum regarding tonight's Testimonial for Alan Shearer sum up everything that is wrong with it. You will always be Newcastle Online's naughty little brother IMO & tbh Jesus most defiantly wept

;)

135151[/snapback]

I'd like to hold my hand up and say I've changed my opinion. It was actually (mostly) class. Loved everyone whirling the scarves around their heads, really good atmos and the end of the match was stage-managed to perfection.

Comments on this forum regarding tonight's Testimonial for Alan Shearer sum up everything that is wrong with it. You will always be Newcastle Online's naughty little brother IMO & tbh Jesus most defiantly wept

:icon_lol:

135151[/snapback]

see ya....dont slam the fuckin door on your way out will you?

ps I enjoyed the night, not the holding of cards up "HOLD THEM CARDS UP & CLAP!!!" now how the feck does that work then? I didnt wear the mask and frankly didnt see anyone wearing one, thought the giving away of scarves was an inspired idea (even though I didnt get one ;) )

Don't know about anyone else being BRAVE enough to admit, but I had a tear in my eye ;) He's a legend! It was great to see Les Ferdinand in a black 'n' white shirt as well as Rob Lee and I thought the supporters were absolutely fantastic!

It went well, although the cards are still a shit idea, sorry like. You couldn't see him come on the pitch. Also, the lass singing at the end was piss poor, but fair play to her. Great night, ott, but great all the same.

I enjoyed it immensely in the end, probably more than most other matches this season. It was the patronising itinerary I objected to. But it was well organized and being slightly pissed helped. I feel genuinely sorry he will never play for us again - we have lost our top scorer for each and every one of the last 10 years. Oh, and I was in the platinum club so didn't have to hold a card. Shame on those of you who did though - the resulting message was almost unreadable because so many people let the side down!

Actually I must have been pissed because I even liked the singer at the end. ;)

I enjoyed it immensely in the end, probably more than most other matches this season. It was the patronising itinerary I objected to. But it was well organized and being slightly pissed helped. I feel genuinely sorry he will never play for us again - we have lost our top scorer for each and every one of the last 10 years. Oh, and I was in the platinum club so didn't have to hold a card. Shame on those of you who did though - the resulting message was almost unreadable because so many people let the side down!

Actually I must have been pissed because I even liked the singer at the end.  ;)

135193[/snapback]

I held mine up, although I ended up putting it on my head cos it was difficult to clap.

Out of a sense of duty, and expecting a pretty lame and embaressing event I watched on ITV4 last night.

Well what a magnificent send off. The scarf waving looked absolutely superb, and your non geordie commentators esp. Graham Taylor were gobsmacked. Well done us

135247[/snapback]

Agreed, its was an incredible occasion.

I meant to start a thread about scarf-whirling a while back, but forgot. I was up at Tynecastle at the start of the season, and they do it there regularly. Even in a small ground the effect is impressive. It'd be nice if we could do this at SJP occasionally. Bring back the scarf!

Also I noticed that almost everyone does it in an anticlockwise direction. Odd.

I meant to start a thread about scarf-whirling a while back, but forgot. I was up at Tynecastle at the start of the season, and they do it there regularly. Even in a small ground the effect is impressive. It'd be nice if we could do this at SJP occasionally. Bring back the scarf!

Also I noticed that almost everyone does it in an anticlockwise direction. Odd.

135250[/snapback]

I wonder if they do it clockwise is the southern hemisphere hmmmm

And it did look absolutely CLASS

What a load of nonesense from John Gibson.

"Shearer can fly without wings and walk on a river of emotional tears without wetting the soles of his shoes."

135375[/snapback]

;)

What a load of shite. Could have been written by HTT.