Black & White day

Smooth Operator

We;ve just had an announcement over our PA system to say we can wear a black and white top tomorrow for work to celebrate the retirment of Alan Shearer. Anyone else's office doing this? Apparently it a Newcastle/Gateshead initiative.

We've already had some mackem bastards on the phone asking if they can wear red and white. ;)

Guest alex
We;ve just had an announcement over our PA system to say we can wear a black and white top tomorrow for work to celebrate the retirment of Alan Shearer. Anyone else's office doing this? Apparently it a Newcastle/Gateshead initiative.

We've already had some mackem bastards on the phone asking if they can wear red and white.  :icon_lol:

134832[/snapback]

They'll be straight to equal ops if you don't let them ;)

Our place is doing it.

Starting to boil my piss tbh. What with the testimonial, this, the big banner, the TV shows. He never even captained us to a trophy. I love the bloke, but it's getting daft.

Guest alex
Monument is draped in a huge balck and white jonny

134842[/snapback]

Reminded me of this:

What's black and slides down Nelson's Column?

We've got one tomorrow as well, and the Civic Centre is going to be draped in black and white for the day. Now, I have a real problem with this for the following reason;

Say the majority of Newcastle Council support NUFC, there'll still be a sizeable minority who support other clubs. Now, if I was a mackem I wouldn't be very happy about tomorrow, but I'd deal with it. Now, the real problem is that in a couple of weeks time we'll get an e-mail sent round reminding us that we should not under any circumstances display any kind of England merchandise or show any support for England in case it upsets non-English co workers or the general public. Hypocritical bastids.

134842[/snapback]

Reminded me of this:

134843[/snapback]

I was thinking Winne Mandela but that doesn't really work.....

134842[/snapback]

Reminded me of this:

134843[/snapback]

A zebra. Kinky bastid that Mandela, that's what 30 years of prison will do to a man.

Guest alex

134842[/snapback]

Reminded me of this:

134843[/snapback]

134845[/snapback]

It used to be her though, a classic joke back in the day ;)

They should give us public workers the day off tbh, except for mackems. A fitting tribute.

134848[/snapback]

Yeah, anyone in the NE who puts on a toon shirt and proclaims loudly in front of a large crowd that they love NUFC and Shearer, can have the day off.

See if any mackems can do that to get a free day off work!

134842[/snapback]

Reminded me of this:

134843[/snapback]

134845[/snapback]

134850[/snapback]

Why black and white though - does she have white hair? Can't honestly remember. I prefer the zebra answer.

Guest alex
We've got one tomorrow as well, and the Civic Centre is going to be draped in black and white for the day. Now, I have a real problem with this for the following reason;

Say the majority of Newcastle Council support NUFC, there'll still be a sizeable minority who support other clubs. Now, if I was a mackem I wouldn't be very happy about tomorrow, but I'd deal with it. Now, the real problem is that in a couple of weeks time we'll get an e-mail sent round reminding us that we should not under any circumstances display any kind of England merchandise or show any support for England in case it upsets non-English co workers or the general public. Hypocritical bastids.

134844[/snapback]

Good point. That's a load of bollocks anyway. I fail to see how someone living in England would be offended by English people supporting England anyway. And if you are offended, tough shit really, you're the one with the problem shirley. In any case the whole country will be awash with St. George's crosses so not having them in the office will make no difference. That said, I think putting them up in your car, window, etc. is a load of shite ;)

134842[/snapback]

Reminded me of this:

134843[/snapback]

134845[/snapback]

134850[/snapback]

Why black and white though - does she have white hair? Can't honestly remember. I prefer the zebra answer.

134854[/snapback]

Where does Alex mention white?

Guest alex

134842[/snapback]

Reminded me of this:

134843[/snapback]

134845[/snapback]

134850[/snapback]

134854[/snapback]

Read what I wrote again :icon_lol:

Guest alex
Fucking hell, what's wrong with me?  ;)

But then why did SLP say zebra?  :icon_lol:

134870[/snapback]

I was thinking the latter too, but I prefer to save my pedantry for you :lol:

I think he was taking Rentons mistake to it's extreme without realising Renton had made a mistake

134902[/snapback]

I think he made the same mistake independently. I think it's the way it scans.

is that to suggest that the mistake was an easy mistake to make, and in some way cover your blushes a bit? ;)

Guest Sima

134842[/snapback]

Reminded me of this:

134843[/snapback]

JJ?

all we have down here is yellow day. Im missing all the fun :lol:

Aside from this....one of my clients passed away a couple weeks ago, his funeral is tomorrow. After contacting family who live in the london area...i've spoken several times to the son in law on the phone. I detected the son has a slight north east accent, he told me he was born in Newcastle, but has lived down sarf for 20 years...he's a toon fan, but get this, the funeral will be a celebration of my client's life, no sombre colours or religious malarky....bright colours only, very casual if you please.....the son is wearing his TOON TOP ;):icon_lol: