Robert eyes Gers switch

khay

Laurent Robert has issued a come-and-get-me plea to Rangers.

Rangers are reported to be interested in signing the Benfica winger as Paul Le Guen begins his rebuilding plans at Ibrox.

Robert has welcomed Rangers' interest and admits he would be keen on a move to Ibrox.

The Frenchman has endured an indifferent time at Benfica since his switch in January from Newcastle.

Robert, who came close to joining Rangers before moving to Newcastle, admits he would like to play for Le Guen.

"I would love to play for Paul Le Guen," Robert told skysports.com.

"I have spoken to him and I would be interested in a move to Rangers.

"I know their chairman as I have spoken to him in the past and they are a massive club.

"It would be down to the two clubs, but I would be interested in playing for Rangers.

"I had the chance to go there before I went to Newcastle and maybe I should have gone then.

"It is not about money, I would like to finish my career at a top club and Rangers would be a big opportunity."

Cant see him getting a game over Lovenkrands... ;)

Guest alex

When Benfica were in the CL semi-final his ardent fans were trying to say it proved he was a good player and that Souness had forced him out etc.

Guest Sima
People still won't admit he, for the most of it, was a waster.

135016[/snapback]

He was a waster...but we'd never have went anywhere near the top 4 without him. Factzemonde-o.

135023[/snapback]

Andy O'Brien's rock solid defending tbh

Guest alex

He was good when he first came, frustrating but his stats were superb. I think we got rid at the right time though, as his post-Toon career would tend to suggest.

He was good when he first came, frustrating but his stats were superb. I think we got rid at the right time though, as his post-Toon career would tend to suggest.

135029[/snapback]

He went one summer too late. He should have went after the 2003-4 season. He'd had a great run from September to March that season, but after he got snubbed by France after that good run for Bruno Cheyrou on the back of 3 good games for Liverpool, he just seemed to give up.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

135029[/snapback]

More or less sums it up. His stats were excellent and as said earlier without him we wouldn't have got to where we did, same as with Bellamy, the two of them helped transform our team.

His goals and assists speak for themselevs, they win matches and thats what football is about, so people who choose to ignore this and slag him off ad infinitum are basically like Anal Oliver with his all foreigners are bad all gerodies are good bollocks. Theres reasons to criticise as he wasn't perfect clearly, but on balance he was a vital part of our CL qualification and the good seasons under Bobby.

In his last season here we would have got alot more out of him if we'd had somebody other than fuckwitt Souness in charge who would waste wingers far beter than Robert and who basically treat him like crap. But sicne he's left he's hardly set the world alight so we haven't missed him greatly, but he'd still have been a better option than Shola wide left and anybody who says otherwise would worry me!

Everyone says his first season was his best, I disagree. His 3rd season where he scored 12 and made f*ck knows how many he was playing more as a team player, was tracking back & generally playing well. After the Arsenal league game though he just went to pot.

How many pages do you reckon this will go to btw? ;)

135036[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

I am still amazed about how angry some people get when talking about him. He certainly was a waster in the sense that he could have provided much more due to his talent. Overall I'd still say he was a success.

We got rid of him at the right time, though. But I still think that it wasn't him who was the selfish person when the tosser axed him from the squad against Lisbon.

How many pages do you reckon this will go to btw? ;)

135036[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

I am still amazed about how angry some people get when talking about him. He certainly was a waster in the sense that he could have provided much more due to his talent. Overall I'd still say he was a success.

We got rid of him at the right time, though. But I still think that it wasn't him who was the selfish person when the tosser axed him from the squad against Lisbon.

135050[/snapback]

Summed Souness up, would rather fuck the clubs (and us fans) chance of success by weakening the team on the ev of a crucial match as long as it satisfied his petty, childish, arrogant and moronic personality.

The fact we have paid souness millions to shit all over our club will not be forgotten i suspect, especially in the following years when we try to regain all the ground that fucker cost us in relation to rival teams in the prem.

Overall I'd still say he was a success.

Can't disagree even though I "supported" his exit.

I never gave a shit about his lack of tracking back etc, I just thought he wasn't as good as an attacking threat as time wore on (though this was mainly down to attitude imo which I guess is related).