Guest Sima
Zlatan's better than Trezeguet tbh

135132[/snapback]

what ? in Pro evo ? ;)

135134[/snapback]

No, in FM ffs....

135132[/snapback]

He wouldn't come to us though would he? ;)

135146[/snapback]

i reckon Glenn will help us attract some top notch players. Using his worldwide contacts will make us one of the top teams in Europe shortly.

wont he??

135132[/snapback]

He wouldn't come to us though would he? ;)

135146[/snapback]

i reckon Glenn will help us attract some top notch players. Using his worldwide contacts will make us one of the top teams in Europe shortly.

wont he??

135352[/snapback]

Aye, just a matter of time. Last I heard Glenn called Ronaldinhos mum, hes on his way to Newcastle!

Robson was supposed to have global contacts and he signed a lot of sh!te. Roeder can't do any worse.

135511[/snapback]

Exactly. And people thought Souness would sign Neill, Stead, Amoruso, etc. yet signed Parker, Emre & Owen.

135524[/snapback]

A "big name" boss with a reputation can help, but you don't need it.

The fact we are invariably in europe (Souness period aside), that we have a massive ground full every week, that we have (or had) players like Shearer, Owen etc. and finally the massive wages we will offer are all reasons why players will come whether they even know who Roeder is or not.

Robson was supposed to have global contacts and he signed a lot of sh!te. Roeder can't do any worse.

135511[/snapback]

Exactly. And people thought Souness would sign Neill, Stead, Amoruso, etc. yet signed Parker, Emre & Owen.

135524[/snapback]

You hardly need world class scouts to sign those players though, but they were good signings.

135511[/snapback]

135524[/snapback]

You hardly need world class scouts to sign those players though, but they were good signings.

135666[/snapback]

That's what I mean though. You don't need to be a big-name manager to attract players if you have the money...although I doubt Roeder will have that. Plus signing Babayaro & Moore for £1.5m the pair wasn't the worst business in the club's history. ;)

That's what I mean though. You don't need to be a big-name manager to attract players if you have the money...although I doubt Roeder will have that. Plus signing Babayaro & Moore for £1.5m the pair wasn't the worst business in the club's history. ;)

135698[/snapback]

No, that would be Boumsong. :icon_lol:

Guest alex
That's what I mean though. You don't need to be a big-name manager to attract players if you have the money...although I doubt Roeder will have that. Plus signing Babayaro & Moore for £1.5m the pair wasn't the worst business in the club's history. :D

135698[/snapback]

No, that would be Boumsong. :D

135811[/snapback]

Luque

Luque

136146[/snapback]

If we're going pound for pound waste of space then it's got to be Marcelino, Shirley? But Boumsong just pips it for me, by being the worst defender I've ever seen, anywhere.

I heard Milan have been implicated too.

136149[/snapback]

I hadn't heard that but as soon as I read Laz's post I thought this must run deeper than just Juve; it's a cultural thing, not a one off. Milan are going to look very foolish - unless Berlusconi is untouchable?

Hate to say it, but the Italians really don't seem to have learnt any lessons from Il Duce.

Luque

136146[/snapback]

If we're going pound for pound waste of space then it's got to be Marcelino, Shirley? But Boumsong just pips it for me, by being the worst defender I've ever seen, anywhere.

136151[/snapback]

Marcelino hardly ever played though; Boumsong has actually cost us points!

Both were terrible signings for different reasons.

Luque

136146[/snapback]

136151[/snapback]

Don't agree on Boumsong. If we hadn't signed him and we were stuck with O'Brien & Elliott as a partnership during the second half of last season rather than Boumsong (who was canny if nowt special), I think we'd have finished much lower than 14th.