Glandular fever

Ted Maul

I'm fucking knackered yet i've done nothing but sleep over the past few days ;) I've been back and forth to the doctors over the past few weeks and they've been reluctant to give my anything with it being a 'viral infection' and I wasn't too bothered until a few days ago when I really started to suffer. My tonsils are ferking huge and absolutely knacking, i'm aching all over and i'm sweating more than a fat bloke doing sit ups in a sauna. I've been living off a diet of Lucozade and paracetamol to try and get over it as quickly as possible because i'm off out on Saturday night and I need enough energy to lift a pint to my mouth.

I'm not looking forward to feeling constantly tired over the next month or so either. Atleast i've got an excuse when I fail my A-levels.

You've got every sympathy from me dude, I had Glandualr fever 10 years ago, it took me months to get over.

I had Glandular Fever during my A-Levels, I had to sit in a seperate room and got 15 minutes extra. Felt like shite and ended up with D-E-E (obviously that was when examinations were a challenge, not like the doss ones you lot do now)

I have sympathy with you. I think drinks are out of the question.

Doctor told me it was the worst case he'd ever seen. Try acupuncture it got me back on my feet within about 3 weeks.

P.S. You may not be aware but your breath hums right now...

I had Glandular Fever during my A-Levels, I had to sit in a seperate room and got 15 minutes extra. Felt like shite and ended up with D-E-E (obviously that was when examinations were a challenge, not like the doss ones you lot do now)

Doctor told me it was the worst case he'd ever seen. Try acupuncture it got me back on my feet within about 3 weeks.

135430[/snapback]

My breath hums all the time, something to do with bad sinuses.

I really fancy going back to bed but i'm sick of the sight of the ceiling ;)

135430[/snapback]

135433[/snapback]

Think yourself lucky, I'm bed-ridden at the moment too, I've just had my gall-bladder removed, not very pleasant, they operate via your bellybutton, lets just say things are rather painful at the moment to say the least !

135430[/snapback]

I really fancy going back to bed but i'm sick of the sight of the ceiling :icon_lol:

135433[/snapback]

Think yourself lucky, I'm bed-ridden at the moment too, I've just had my gall-bladder removed, not very pleasant, they operate via your bellybutton, lets just say things are rather painful at the moment to say the least !

135443[/snapback]

Well I'm in prime health (if a little hungover) and intend to go out tonight and get lashed.. ;)

135430[/snapback]

135433[/snapback]

135443[/snapback]

Couldn't handle that like, I have a phobia of anything going near my belly button. :icon_lol:

135430[/snapback]

135433[/snapback]

135443[/snapback]

Couldn't handle that like, I have a phobia of anything going near my belly button. :icon_lol:

135446[/snapback]

I didn't know thats how they do it until I came round from the anesthetic !

You've got every sympathy from me dude, I had Glandualr fever 10 years ago, it took me months to get over.

135428[/snapback]

Massive exhaustion due to finally reaching your capacity for contiunous wanking is not glandular fever Jimbo!!! ;)

Thats rotten for you, and at exam time too ;) Theres not much you can do except drink plenty of fluids (not alcohol though)! Try ice cream for your throat, its soothing.

Hope you get better soon too jimbo, bet it hurts to laugh? ouch, ive got a low pain threshold, such a wimp!

Thats rotten for you, and at exam time too  ;) Theres not much you can do except drink plenty of fluids (not alcohol though)! Try ice cream for your throat, its soothing.

Hope you get better soon too jimbo, bet it hurts to laugh? ouch, ive got a low pain threshold, such a wimp!

135612[/snapback]

Thanks, at the moment its painful even to breathe, I'm pumped full of Co-codamol and Ibruprofen so laughing, sneezing and coughing are off the agenda !

managed my first post-operative wank lastnight, thankfully thats not been affected !

Thats rotten for you, and at exam time too  :icon_lol: Theres not much you can do except drink plenty of fluids (not alcohol though)! Try ice cream for your throat, its soothing.

135612[/snapback]

Thanks, at the moment its painful even to breathe, I'm pumped full of Co-codamol and Ibruprofen so laughing, sneezing and coughing are off the agenda !

managed my first post-operative wank lastnight, thankfully thats not been affected !

135654[/snapback]

i did wonder....but i should have guessed you'd manage somehow!! ;)

Thats rotten for you, and at exam time too  :icon_lol: Theres not much you can do except drink plenty of fluids (not alcohol though)! Try ice cream for your throat, its soothing.

135612[/snapback]

135654[/snapback]

i did wonder....but i should have guessed you'd manage somehow!! ;)

135657[/snapback]

The sight of the NHS nurses put me off for a few days, but thats all in the past...

The sight of the NHS nurses put me off for a few days, but thats all in the past...

135658[/snapback]

You were obviously in the wrong hospital ;)

Hope you're on the mend :icon_lol:

135658[/snapback]

You were obviously in the wrong hospital ;)

Hope you're on the mend :lol:

135715[/snapback]

I'm sure the quality of Nursing totty is far superior elsewhere :icon_lol:

I was feeling much better until earlier, I felt the urge to sneeze and was in two minds whether to let it go or to supress it, I went with the latter and fuck did it hurt !