Weekend Pursuits

Smooth Operator

What y'all gonna be doing instead on Saturday afternoons now the toon's season has finished?

I know there's tomorrows FA Cup and the World Cup to look forward to but I'd be glad to know of anyone else whose having to perform shite jobs now they can't seek solice at the match on a Saturday afternoon.

This Saturday I can look forward to a day of painting, sanding and taking wor lasses grandad out to the pub to sit for 2 hours while he repeats the same things over and over. The joys of Old Timers disease!

Will they still put the strippers on at the Sports Cafe even though the season is over? Don't think i'll last the summer without gazing at the lovely Natalia's chebs!

Edited by Smooth Operator

I got engaged recently, so every weekend since has been taken up with looking round potential wedding venues.

Two weekends later and I'm already properly pissed-off.

135437[/snapback]

;)

I got engaged recently, so every weekend since has been taken up with looking round potential wedding venues.

135437[/snapback]

;)

135444[/snapback]

It's not quite reached that point yet, but no doubt it will soon.

Went to a place on the outskirts of Reading, they wanted to charge me £3250 to hire a lawn. No food, no booze, no chairs, tables, nowt.

3k for a strip of grass.

Last close season I stripped my bathroom of all the tiles, ripped up the floor, tore down the roof and fitted a new suite and lights. This close season I plan to restore the floor, walls and roof. ;)

135437[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

135444[/snapback]

Went to a place on the outskirts of Reading, they wanted to charge me £3250 to hire a lawn. No food, no booze, no chairs, tables, nowt.

3k for a strip of grass.

135449[/snapback]

Fuck me sideways! That's steep.

The worst is still to come I'm afraid. You'll be quizzed about what colour napkins you want, which flowers, how big the cake is etc, all the while muttering I DON'T GIVE A FUCK. ;)

135437[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

135444[/snapback]

3k for a strip of grass.

135449[/snapback]

The worst is still to come I'm afraid. You'll be quizzed about what colour napkins you want, which flowers, how big the cake is etc, all the while muttering I DON'T GIVE A FUCK. ;)

135455[/snapback]

Aye, but as she tolds me last night. "It's not about you, this is my day"

I think they stick a zero on the end as soon as they hear the word 'wedding'. My advice is have it abroad.

135460[/snapback]

No, that's selfish and defeats the point imo (no offence to anyone who's done it).

Btw, my wife clocked my registry office next time comment in the other thread - not impressed. ;)

135437[/snapback]

:lol:

135444[/snapback]

3k for a strip of grass.

135449[/snapback]

The worst is still to come I'm afraid. You'll be quizzed about what colour napkins you want, which flowers, how big the cake is etc, all the while muttering I DON'T GIVE A FUCK. :icon_lol:

135455[/snapback]

Aye, but as she tolds me last night. "It's not about you, this is my day"

135456[/snapback]

That's an incredible amount! £3250--for that money at my wedding reception, we're getting the hall and most of the food! I don't have a great handle on what prices are like in the UK, and I know they're generally higher, but that's obscene. At that price, you should be able to get the pitch at St. James.

I've been going through the same bloody thing I'm afraid...

Just wrote out a check for a deposit on the photographer--$500 as a 10% deposit for the fuckin' pictures! All we need is one good one. Flowers are gonna be $2000.... I feel your misery, mate.

If you want any advice as to how to answer the napkin color questions, feel free to ask me. ;)

Guest alex
I think they stick a zero on the end as soon as they hear the word 'wedding'. My advice is have it abroad.

135460[/snapback]

No, that's selfish and defeats the point imo (no offence to anyone who's done it).

Btw, my wife clocked my registry office next time comment in the other thread - not impressed. ;)

135461[/snapback]

My sister had her's abroad and about 10 of us went. The members of the family who aren't so close missed out on a day of free food and drink. Big deal. Plus, it was probably cheaper. I think massive do's are a scandalous waste of money with people often getting into debt for their 'big day'. I just don't get that. And I'm not tight, I'd rather just spend the money in other ways. You get taken to the cleaners when you have a wedding in the UK as I'm sure you can testify to.

135460[/snapback]

135461[/snapback]

My sister had her's abroad and about 10 of us went. The members of the family who aren't so close missed out on a day of free food and drink. Big deal. Plus, it was probably cheaper. I think massive do's are a scandalous waste of money with people often getting into debt for their 'big day'. I just don't get that. And I'm not tight, I'd rather just spend the money in other ways. You get taken to the cleaners when you have a wedding in the UK as I'm sure you can testify to.

135466[/snapback]

Average cost of a wedding in the good ol' US of A is now over $20,000. absolutely insane! How can you spend so much on a single day's event? The marriage is about the union of your lives; not the wedding.

Guest alex

I've just been to one about a fortnight ago and the food was fucking shocking man, I dread to think how much they were charged per head. Still, mugs will pay the money, so you can't blame them.

135460[/snapback]

Btw, my wife clocked my registry office next time comment in the other thread - not impressed. :icon_lol:

135461[/snapback]

135466[/snapback]

You make a good point there, but then why have a wedding at all? Surely everyone you care about should witness it.

Besides, wedding parties in resort hotels piss me off. ;) I was unfortunate to be in the same hotel as a bunch of charvers getting married in St Lucia last year.

I've just been to one about a fortnight ago and the food was fucking shocking man, I dread to think how much they were charged per head. Still, mugs will pay the money, so you can't blame them.

135469[/snapback]

Fair enough to charge what people will pay, but it's a joke how much these things cost--you're right, they hear the word wedding and prices go up 50%.

Talking of cost, have you seen the price of some items on weeding lists nowadays? Hundreds of quid! Sod that, have another toaster.

Edited by Renton

Guest alex

135460[/snapback]

Btw, my wife clocked my registry office next time comment in the other thread - not impressed. :lol:

135461[/snapback]

135466[/snapback]

You make a good point there, but then why have a wedding at all? Surely everyone you care about should witness it.

Besides, wedding parties in resort hotels piss me off. ;) I was unfortunate to be in the same hotel as a bunch of charvers getting married in St Lucia last year.

135470[/snapback]

It was on a luxury cruise around the med dear boy :icon_lol:

Personally, I see no point in getting married at all (except the tax breaks). Why do you need the approval of a religion you don't even believe in (in my case) or to be need to be seen to be joined 'in the eyes of the law'? It makes no sense to me. Divorce rates prove it doesn't make much difference I reckon.

135460[/snapback]

Btw, my wife clocked my registry office next time comment in the other thread - not impressed. :lol:

135461[/snapback]

135466[/snapback]

135470[/snapback]

It was on a luxury cruise around the med dear boy :icon_lol:

Personally, I see no point in getting married at all (except the tax breaks). Why do you need the approval of a religion you don't even believe in (in my case) or to be need to be seen to be joined 'in the eyes of the law'? It makes no sense to me. Divorce rates prove it doesn't make much difference I reckon.

135474[/snapback]

Nowt to do with religion, just a sign of love and committment I guess. Fair play to anyone who doesn't want to though, obviously.

Talking of cost, have you seen the price of some items on weeding lists nowadays? Hundreds of quid! Sod that, have another toaster.

135472[/snapback]

I've been invited to one in September, but they've lived together for years and have all they need.

Instead of a list they've set up a bank account provided the details and ask that we deposit money ;)

Cheeky bastads!

Edited by Happy Face

Guest alex

135472[/snapback]

I've been invited to one in September, but they've lived together for years and have all they need.

Instead of a list they've set up a bank account provided the details and ask that we deposit money :icon_lol:

Cheecky bastads!

135477[/snapback]

That is well cheeky ;)

135472[/snapback]

Instead of a list they've set up a bank account provided the details and ask that we deposit money :icon_lol:

Cheeky bastads!

135477[/snapback]

;)

Jesus wept.

going to a wedding soon and the bride to be said that basically to have me at the meal and evening reception is costing about £60, so the present should be more than that.

I told her she'll get what she's given and fucking like it!

Weddings and wedding lists are materialism at their worst tbh. I can't see myself getting married anyday soon, but some of my coursemates are getting married this year, in fact I belive one of them got hitched last month. Mental.